Xtreme Gaming Network

S38R2 - Eastern Creek

Author Topic: S38R2 - Eastern Creek  (Read 13491 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S38R2 - Eastern Creek
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2021, 07:41:54 AM »
I think I'm shooting myself in the foot sharing these setups, but anyway.

Latest iteration, softer corner weights counter-balanced with stiffer ARB's.

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2021, 11:27:22 AM »
I think I'm shooting myself in the foot sharing these setups, but anyway.

Latest iteration, softer corner weights counter-balanced with stiffer ARB's.
Thanks for the setups. I'm struggling with both pace and consistency here.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2021, 01:46:55 PM »
That%u2019s cool of you to share Bach, I know there%u2019d be some goodies in there I%u2019ve yet to learn. I am working on understanding the car and what the tweaks I am making actually do to the balance and feeling. At the end of the season I will download some of the shared sets and see how far off and in the wrong direction I was but for now, like in the real world, I will run my own and not give in to the temptation. Even if it means running last. I like the challenge this car is giving me, although admittedly I am using a guide shared on acc forum about what the various parts of the car mean, wheel rate for example I had never heard of before and my own experience is from r6 and r1 bikes and my latest beast does all the work for me with electronic ohlins not much crosses over, but this is a good fun car for me to learn with and also work on my driving style. Just a noob, dressed as a noob disguised as another noob.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 01:50:25 PM by Sin »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2021, 02:22:42 PM »
I use a lot of tools (apps) to work on a setup.

Camber Extravaganza for cambers
Car Engineer for spring frequencies and damper ratios
Tyre Pressure Engineer for tyre pressures and roll centre
Suspension Telemetry for ride heights
Wheel Slip for brake balance and diff settings
Wings for centre of pressure (not required in these).

Once I have these parameters within Milliken recommendations, I will start to work on feel, (which is basically only toes, as that's all that's left).

In that sense I'm more engineer than driver.....

2+2=√16

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2021, 04:29:11 PM »
Oh wow, that is pretty cool. I will have a look at the car engineer one, I have trouble with spring rates, I kind of guess based on the weight of the car as listed. Cheers though all the help I can get is appreciated, I just don't want to take other peoples sets purely to help myself understand what I am changing. I have gone in the wrong direction many times already at both PI and Eastern Creek but was able to do it incrementally and save it as I go so I can start to understand the different systems. Hoping it will help me as I progress into the faster cars. In the past I have just relied on the good will of others to jump in and go, Live for Speed was good for sharing the sets in game and between team mates and competitors. There was a gent here at XGN early LFS S2 days who was in the navy who was an absolute guru at setting up gearbox ratio's. I am surprised he helped me being army.
I was struggling with the balance of the car between turns 4 and 5 and turns 9 - 11. I will be on to praccy tonight. I had a bad few days, I was triggered doing some stuff for the XDF crew checking out ARMA 3 mod with/for them and needed a few days to chill out. I don't usually suffer from panic attacks but this one wrote me off. The sound effects in that game are absolutely spot on in a two way range, and I can't be apart of that so I'm going to stick to enjoying the peaceful side over here.

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 08:02:35 PM »
I am getting a checksum error trying to get on the server. The only thing I have changed since Thursday is adding the inmersive filter. Would that cause it?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2021, 08:18:16 PM »
Checksum is either car or track. I had to redownload the track as I had an older version

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2021, 08:31:09 PM »
Through content manager I did reinstall both but still happening. I will delete both first then try reinstall. When I go to content, cars, select the formula ford then click on setups the setup files I have made for EC has an orange triangle but not the ones i created for last round. I also noticed these setup files don't have a final gear ratio selected but even when I select one of the two options it stays orange.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2021, 08:58:23 PM »
Wally can check the logs and see what it is exactly but I'd guess the track as the car hasn't changed since last week.

I don't use content manager to install tracks and I always delete the old track folder completely as sometimes leftover files can cause issues.

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2021, 09:05:45 PM »
Thanks Joe, I must have broken something playing with the shaders or filters maybe. I am reinstalling the whole thing.

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2021, 09:16:27 PM »
New install, still doing it. bugger

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2021, 10:38:55 PM »
It must be the track somehow. I'd check that the track actually ended up in assettocorsa/conent/tracks/eastern_creek etc
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2021, 12:26:50 PM »
Delete track from AC install.
Go to download link.
Click on "install" rather than "download".
Let CM install track.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2021, 04:55:17 PM »
I’ve tried that and delete/manually extract, same error. I even reinstalled Ac and cm. I won’t be on tonight, I wasn’t able to sleep last night cuz remote working and time zone difference was hoping to crash today but nope. I think I will just call it here, I’m studying, + this working from home but for stuff elsewhere and school holidays I am maxed out. Good luck for rest of season gents, appreciate the guidance re setups and patience with my driving backwards through hairpins. ✌️

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2021, 06:46:10 PM »
Server's up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal