Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 6 Details and Sign Up Thread

Author Topic: Season 6 Details and Sign Up Thread  (Read 70290 times)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: Season 6 Details and Sign Up Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2015, 06:31:59 PM »
ah shit I forgot to sign up lol put me in reserves
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2015, 07:37:08 PM »
ah shit I forgot to sign up lol put me in reserves
No probs Matthew, there's room to put you on the main grid with some late withdrawals.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2015, 07:40:59 PM »
Hi all I jumped on last week and had a bit of fun thought I would sign up and have a crack, Look forward to seeing you on the track
G'day Jeremy. Welcome. I'll add you to the grid. Can you please PM me your GUID, as I need that to reserve a grid slot for you.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2015, 10:43:23 PM »
Because of issues with cars bouncing off the walls at Pukekohe like pinballs, I've changed the final round to Barbagallo.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Season 6 Details and Sign Up Thread
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2015, 11:03:15 PM »
Because of issues with cars bouncing off the walls at Pukekohe like pinballs, I've changed the final round to Barbagallo.
Barbagello should be much better. Must say I was surprised and disappointed with Pukekohe. It's such a fun track even the bumps! We didn't have these problems last time. Hope it isn't an indication of problems with mod tracks in the new release.

Offline Perch

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2015, 09:04:22 AM »
Would love to see Barbagello in there someday.

And that day has come! ;D Shame about Pukukhoe as I really enjoyed the layout but I think missing it for Barbagallo is a pretty good problem to have :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:07:25 AM by Perch »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2015, 09:26:09 AM »
Would love to see Barbagello in there someday.

And that day has come! ;D Shame about Pukukhoe as I really enjoyed the layout but I think missing it for Barbagallo is a pretty good problem to have :P

I prefer Puke as a layout, but the walls are shocking.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2015, 09:27:49 AM »
I'm adding the Alfa 155 V6 as an available car.

Last night showed its very evenly matched with the Merc.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2015, 09:25:25 AM »
I'm adding the Alfa 155 V6 as an available car.

Last night showed its very evenly matched with the Merc.

I think the Alfa clearly out races the merc, even if lap times arent so far apart but the few times I tried both the Alfa is about 1 second quicker and much easier to drive. Funny how the m3 dtm is the slower of these 3 in my tests too yet we have its slower cousin in. I think the ruf and mclaren mp4 are also very close to the f40 and 458 but would still be a little slower then the dtm cars. Also the lotus 2 eleven has always been very close to the ktm and only the group A would be 4 seconds slower then quickest cars at nurburgring. If all those cars were available there would be maybe 2 seconds between them but the slower lap time cars would have a nice straight line advantage to mix things up a bit.

Id really be surprised if anyone chose the grp a car, I will choose one thats a bit of a challenge so unlikely to win the season but even though the grp a is the most fun to drive of this group its just not got much hope with quicker guys in any other car so id be unlikely to pick it and doubt anyone else will.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2015, 09:41:18 AM »
Did you look at the fun run race results? Alfa, Merc, Alfa, Merc...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2015, 10:06:48 AM »
When I raced the Alfa at Spa it was clearly outpacing the merc. I slowed on purpose to let perch by to see how they compared. Perch and I are normally pretty close in most cars and the advantage out of the slower corners and off the line is why If I was to pick a car to give the best chance of winning the season that would be it. If these 3 dtm cars raced in the same season I think the only races the alf's wpuldnt have won would be if they didnt finish.

Of the tracks maybe Mugello wont suit it but everywhere else it would be the quickest around those tracks time wise. The 458 off the line will be quick and so if it gets ahead of any dtm cars they will need to work hard to get back past even if a second or 2 a lap quicker. Ktm is a funny one kind of in the middle of these similar times better cornering but not very quick down straights.

Pukekohe was a pretty awkward track with so many cars flying off the road the race results I dont think mean too much. In the DTM cars getting speed out of them the Alfa is the easiest and just needs some setup work to deal with turn in a bit better. Next is the Merc and if the BMW dtm was there its the trickiest to drive by far and would still be unlikely to get someone to choose it over those 2.

I will likely pick some old manual supercar would love a ruf but may need to go with the f40 ;) Ruf is normaly a little slower around a lap then an f40 but less then a second just so much more fun to drive.

Looking at the 1993 dtm season when these 3 cars competed the Alfa dominated, with the merc its only so so challenger and the m3 was nowhere near them and this is similar to how I noticed these cars potential in AC.

http://www.alfa-models.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152&Itemid=100&lang=en

It seems that the m3 dtm has been slowed down with the 1.1 update likely to match the results of this season. The e30 was racing in 1988 already and was doing well then but by 1993 with the 4wd Alfa it was the way to go. Just like the Aussie touring car series in that era the nissan gtr was dominating thanks to its 4wd system and its also the main reason 4wd isnt allowed in gt3 racing and so the nissan is only rwd. It would be unbeatable if it was allowed to be 4wd in that class unless given a severe power handicap.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 10:13:36 AM by marty »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2015, 10:10:06 AM »
I think if anyone can take the punishment of listening to the alpha for a season, they deserve the pace! ;)
(To me it seemed to be easier to go faster with, too)

Yeah, why not the porky too?  If it's similar-paced?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2015, 11:06:35 AM »
No more cars!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2015, 11:22:13 AM »
No more cars!

No Ruf then I may just need to take that Alfa  ;)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2015, 01:12:49 PM »
Ha ha Excellent Marty!!  ;D
Decisions Decisions!!
Every time I settle on a car, it becomes the quickest car!! Then I don't want that advantage and I want a challenge!!
This sim racin ain't easy!!!  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal