Xtreme Gaming Network

GT2 server up to collect lap times

Author Topic: GT2 server up to collect lap times  (Read 48579 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: GT2 server up to collect lap times
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2016, 10:28:08 AM »
So are we using these cars next season ?  seems to be a lot of effort going into them if not, personally I hope we are not, had a quick go on the server on Sunday night and found them boring and left after 5 mins
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2016, 10:31:52 AM »
The 458 feels nice to me but I can't get it to go any quicker. The Beemer I think has a fair bit left in it for me and the C7 I am just not getting the feel of.
For me, I'm going to select the car that I feel I'll make the least mistakes in so long as it's not an absolute slug. I'd rather be 3s a lap off than losing 30s every time I go off.
Different driving styles also mean that someone else's setup may not work for another. I am using Marty's Beemer set but still had to tweak the tyre pressures slightly according to the setup engineer. I tried his C7 setup and couldn't get around the track. Sometimes the aliens sets work a treat for me and other times I'm better with my own.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »
So are we using these cars next season ?  seems to be a lot of effort going into them if not, personally I hope we are not, had a quick go on the server on Sunday night and found them boring and left after 5 mins

Looking at the poll atm its between this and the f138, now that car is a proper setup beast. I will put a server with them up somewhere tonight, I think MR A and xgn only as those are terrible in lower level pub servers.

Anyone have an idea of a track they should be run at?

With the gt2 and setups in general, I always like to do my own and can rarely drive Guybrushs setups very well. But the option to share setup is good if soneone is really lost they can give another a try and maybe just see if anything there works better for them and they can work off it or add it to theirs.

No one setup will ever work for everyone and in AC there is more then one way to skin the cat. I just try make something that gives me confidence to push and if its off the pace a but will need to take away some stability for a bit more pace.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
I like to do my own setups also, and it does take time.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2016, 11:41:37 AM »
I like to take either Phil or Marty's setups. It takes no time.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2016, 12:42:54 PM »
It will be one option in a poll for some kind of GT style season. As you can see, it takes time to work out reasonable ballasts, or if ballasts are even required. I'm just being prepared, with the current season drawing to an end.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 12:46:33 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2016, 01:38:06 PM »

I think it takes some time to warm up to them, especially at Barcelona. Id love to see them at mugello or imola, somewhere more familiar for most people.

I like to take either Phil or Marty's setups. It takes no time.

LOL I wish I could drive other people setups well, but I like to make my own and build of others sets if they feel better than my own.

Building these takes ages and more often I'm going backwards from the default, so I only change a few things at once to dial it in and sometimes make a small change and the result is huge when on the track.

I haven't got enough time to make setups for all 3 cars  and I've mainly concentrated on the Ferrari as it felt great at brands, but it feels like poo at Barcelona, especially with ballast even that little bit makes it understeer too much and need massive suspension changes that make it unstable for me.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2016, 01:47:36 PM »
setup question on the ferrari based on trying Marty's setup last weekend:

Does car engineering app work well? The springs seem to be way over-dumped, like 2.5 or stuff like that. Is the app wrong?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2016, 03:31:40 PM »
It will be one option in a poll for some kind of GT style season. As you can see, it takes time to work out reasonable ballasts, or if ballasts are even required. I'm just being prepared, with the current season drawing to an end.

not that I am biased, but you could just have a ballast system that equated directly to seasons points :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2016, 04:09:59 PM »
It can't be biased, I think the same...... ;D ;)

I'd even be happy to go on age....over 60, no ballast..under 60, 200kg..... :P
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 04:19:29 PM by slideways »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2016, 05:13:06 PM »

not that I am biased, but you could just have a ballast system that equated directly to seasons points :)

I have been thinking exactly that for Thursdays

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2016, 05:19:20 PM »
It can't be biased, I think the same...... ;D ;)

I'd even be happy to go on age....over 60, no ballast..under 60, 200kg..... :P

I think statistically as people get older they get heavier so this should work the same way, or we could all weigh ourselves and report the reading to wally then get ballasted on how many burgers each has consumed.  ;)

Im sure everyone will somehow claim to weigh less then the average jockey.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2016, 05:57:54 PM »
That's basically just a success ballast. I think we've done that already in some season past, where positions 1 to 10 just got a set amount of decreasing ballast.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »
Yeah, we did ballast in the FR3.5 - I quite liked it but the only issue was that it seems after a certain weight, time lost almost squares with ballast added.  It's not a linear penalty.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2016, 10:35:41 PM »
Yeah, we did ballast in the FR3.5 - I quite liked it but the only issue was that it seems after a certain weight, time lost almost squares with ballast added.  It's not a linear penalty.
Yep. And it was lap-times based, not position based...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal