Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R4: Spa Pre-Race Chat (with optional CAR SWAP)

Author Topic: S12R4: Spa Pre-Race Chat (with optional CAR SWAP)  (Read 18627 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S12R4: Spa Pre-Race Chat (with optional CAR SWAP)
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 07:22:35 PM »
Seems the realistic road variaton does nothing and its as you had it Wally needing to actually adjust the base road ambient to also -1 to get the temps. I thought the realistic road setting was applied automatically but I hadnt actually checked the ini file so assumed wrongly.

[WEATHER_0]
GRAPHICS=5_light_clouds
BASE_TEMPERATURE_AMBIENT=17
BASE_TEMPERATURE_ROAD=-1
VARIATION_AMBIENT=0
VARIATION_ROAD=0

I did try some laps with this but also managed to get much lower track grip, I had issues getting front tyre temps up but some adjustments and this helped. I was only 1 second slower with 2.2% lower grip levels so possibly actually 1 second faster even if much more slippery, the more worrying thing is that even at this grip level my fuel useage went up and a full tank gets me 7.2 laps so with more grip I dont think pushing will make it on a 1 stop in the lotus. On the race nites though track grip starts lower and so early laps are a bit slower saving some fuel simply down to less grip needing to wait a bit longer for throttle on exit.

Yes, this is how I do it. I always leave the temp variations at 0. It's only the grip that is a little bit variable, by 1 percentage point up or down.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 10:42:56 PM »
Wally: I have been testing a little and I did not manage to do 7 laps. It might be my driving style is not the right one (as Marty said he could do 7 laps), but usually I consume a bit more when I get into the right pace. the best I could do was 6 laps plus until almost the last chicane.

If I remember correctly, you wanted extra fuel consumption only to make sure we had to do a pit stop. Perhaps then we might reduce it a bit to make sure it is not just a night praying it is going to be enough fuel to finish.

For this round, the fuel multiplier will be 4.0x.
Marty, can you please updated the practice server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 11:05:13 PM »
Ok I am just changing the fuel multi to 4.0 now then.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 06:39:41 AM »
Wally: I have been testing a little and I did not manage to do 7 laps. It might be my driving style is not the right one (as Marty said he could do 7 laps), but usually I consume a bit more when I get into the right pace. the best I could do was 6 laps plus until almost the last chicane.

If I remember correctly, you wanted extra fuel consumption only to make sure we had to do a pit stop. Perhaps then we might reduce it a bit to make sure it is not just a night praying it is going to be enough fuel to finish.

For this round, the fuel multiplier will be 4.0x.
Marty, can you please updated the practice server.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 07:54:06 AM »
I'm not sure why Spa needs a different fuel multiplier. The races are all about 30 minutes, so your fuel burn should be roughly the same.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 09:02:21 AM »
I'm not sure why Spa needs a different fuel multiplier. The races are all about 30 minutes, so your fuel burn should be roughly the same.
I believe it has a higher full throttle % than most tracks we tried so far.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 09:52:47 AM »

Same issues in modern f1 at faster tracks they need to save more fuel even though each race is pretty much the same distance of 300km. Monaco would use much less fuel the Monza or Spa, also the longer lap makes it more of an issue as with less laps over the same distance. I ran a race sim last nite on the 4.0 fuel and I think I needed 205 litres to complete the race. This is pretty much what all the other rounds have been in the lotus so far at 4.6x fuel. The main difference is the lotus only has a 120l tank but ferrari has 200, I wonder how close the ferrari is now to making it on no stops but the fuel multi could be made slightly higher if needed.

If it was allowed to not stop possibly guys in the ferrari could go a bit slower to save fuel and avoid a stop for a quicker net result avoiding a 35 second pit stop..

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 11:28:16 AM »
I tested the Ferrari too, and it won't be able to make it on one tank.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 05:45:30 PM »
Here is the server times on the usual link, I will try lower aero another day but I think in the lotus at least it needs a bit of aero still. Eau Rogue and Blonchimont are far from flat even needing to brake at Eau Rogue. I really cant see me running much less aero as it will only make those corners slower and in the end give less top speed, the only time less aero really works at this track is if you can take both of those flat at lower settings where it will actually give you a top speed boost.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver
Yeah, less aero gives less top speed due to Eau Rouge and Blanchimont.
(Maybe with more car control than me it may work)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 11:13:55 PM »
For me more aero is quite a bit quicker, I tried running less and gained .1 to les combes but lost 1.5 seconds the rest of the lap.

The key is more to find something that gives confidence in the car to push it quite hard, lower aero it was quite skatey to me through the middle sector longer braking distances and only 5kmh more with a bit less wing.

I ran a few laps in the ferrari too and seems they should be fairly close but in that I ran I think 7 5 aero, not much setup work where the lotus I ran a few laps lol. It is also quite likely the reason the fuel multi was too high is because 14 laps took me 32:40 to complete pushing fairly hard with only traffic costing maybe a couple seconds. I didnt actually tale notice of total time for races in other rounds but this may account for much of that. Still if Grat wasnt able to get 7 laps on a tank it wouldnt make any difference with the 4.6 multi as you still would need to get 7 laps in one stint in a 13 lap race.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:43:37 AM by marty »

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 10:16:01 AM »
Wally I might switch to the Lotus and give it another go.  :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 05:54:37 PM »
Wally I might switch to the Lotus and give it another go.  :)
OK, good to hear!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 06:50:18 PM »
Can I switch to the 98T? :D

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 07:00:15 PM »
yeeeeeaaaaaaahno.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 07:22:30 PM »

I think the only lotus's left are lotus 25's all the 98t's have been wrecked already.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal