Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R5: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R5: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat  (Read 16338 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S12R5: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat
« on: July 05, 2016, 11:44:06 PM »
2 x 17 laps, on the GP layout.

Weather Forecast (around 31 degrees and sunny).

I'll check later what the fuel multiplier will be, but it will probably be around the 4.6 mark again.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S12R5: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 08:56:39 AM »
Last nite I ran a few laps just in RSR pro mode conditions optimum grip 26/36 temps using my Spa setup with adjusted pressures. Seeing a few are struggling in these I made a video showing pedals input, I do use clutch on all shifts too in this but replay doesnt save the clutch info.

There may be some setups in the practice server already as there were quite a few laps made in this combo before the season. I will update my setup there later as If I have one there its my older set and the current one from spa felt quite good there. But there may need to be a few changes with the hotter conditions for this round.

I did load the prac server with 35c temps as thats what my weather forecast was but will adjust it in a couple days if the forecast changes but it should be a hit one. Main reason I ran some rsr laps was to see how the hot temps effect pace and setup. I also adjusted fuel burn back to 4.6× but havent ran any laps there so not sure if the little lotus can make it yet.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:58:29 AM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 04:54:34 PM »
I did some testing on the prac server, havent done much to my setup just adjusted for temps. Seems at higher temps this car is probably quicker here as at 98.5% grip with 35/45 temps I am only a few tenths off what I did at 26/36 and 100% grip. I put my setup up its a little pushy on entry so I will likely loosen it up a bit.

I did a race sim and fairly stuffed the gearbox early, in the stop I set it to fix and it was still damaged so thats a good thing. Maybe they fixed that repair bug at some point secretly. I think race 1 this season I used the repair to get a new gearbox but havent had any issues since so its the first time I tried and seems now it doesnt fix gearbox quicker then changing tyres.

With the extra heat at the end of the stint my left rear is pretty well done so tyres if it stays hot may be more of an issue then other rounds. Also at 4.6x fuel the lotus can do about 10.7 laps on a tank for me so 17 laps should be no issue for anyone on fuel.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 05:03:41 PM »
I've tried twice to repair "all" this season and the 'box has never been fixed.
One was last race and the other I can't remember, but it was early in the season.
(funny how the mechanics can fix the engine though, just not a gearbox)  :o

2+2=√16

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:38:03 PM »
Yes, I made this assumption aswell on Tuesday. I had all repairs selected and was assuming that my gearbox was going to be repaired in the pits. Each race coming back on track with a yellow box...

After the racing I was thinking about it, and thought I had made a mistake thinking that the gearbox was even a component that was to be fixed. The symbols look like suspension/body/engine (not sure on the order). This is in the pitconfig app.

But I don't remember, did the gearbox used to get fixed?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »
I don't think so.

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 08:24:49 AM »
I think I've worked out this sTracker thing.
I have to an offline lap before joining the server, then it works.
Bit of a pain having to do that every time though. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 08:29:43 AM »
Bug in AC timing that stracker has to work around.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 11:09:00 AM »

I rarely do offline laps, ptracker always connects for me. I see your last session showed the first 4 laps werent connected so its pretty weird.

http://52.62.170.191:50041/sessiondetails?playerInSessionId=16769#

Maybe you can leave a post for Neys in the ptracker stracker thread as it seems you have some sort of unique issue. I see also in your lap data for the recent laps that it isnt showing your ptracker version. Are you running 3.2.9?

Here is one of my recent laps from last nite http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapdetails?lapid=79029# see how it shows ptracker version for me but your has no version. I am seeing fuel load info on your laps though and that indicates a fairly recent ptracker.

Maybe you can try fully delete your ptracker folder and reinstall it but if you post logs in the stracker thread on the ac forum Neys may be able to see your issue.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 11:13:38 AM by marty »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2016, 03:53:05 PM »
Yeah, I'm running 3.2.9
I seem to have to update this regularly though. :-\

And it's not just a recent thing, like I've mentioned before, 8 out of 10 attempts don't connect.
(unless I do an offline lap after starting AC)

As to deleting it, is it just the pTracker folder or are there other files installed?
I prefer purely zipped files as I know what I'm installing, rather than the exe they use (for this very reason).

2+2=√16

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 04:12:29 PM »
Yes, it's just the ptracker folder in the apps folder that you need to delete really, there's the icons in content/gui/icons but that can stay if your just updating to a new version I spose.

I also just updated my ptracker and wasn't real happy to see an .exe file.... I don't want to see that becoming a norm.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 04:13:41 PM »
I think it may be best for you to make a post here http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ptracker-stracker-v3-2-a2b-track-spectating-chat-filter-swear-filter.13169/ or pm neys with your logs, I dont know of many others that have this connection issue and I have never had it. Its possible there may be some old stuff somehow left behind but Im sure Neys would like to see what may be causing your issues.

It could also possibly be some sort of firewall issue not allowing ptracker to connect to the server for you which I think is the most likely but being able to connect after an offline lap doesnt make sense.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 11:16:43 PM »
I'm a maybe for this one. Our crappy adsl is very close to the monthly quota and resets on Wednesday. I'll probably be capped by the time we get to race on Tuesday night :(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2016, 11:45:33 PM »
Just checked weather forecast and have altered the prac server to 27c from the 35 I had in an earlier forecast last week.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2016, 01:34:58 PM »
I've been lurking on the practice server the last 2 nights. 8 months off the game and the baby is at the moment sleeping more in the evenings, which I'm hoping means I can return soon! Perhaps just in the Thursday league to start with where I can't cause too much carnage. Good to see the same 'faces' in the praccy server. Meeeeeh!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal