Xtreme Gaming Network

G25/27 GTEYE spring mod

Author Topic: G25/27 GTEYE spring mod  (Read 28377 times)

Rolz

Re: G25/27 GTEYE spring mod
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 02:01:15 PM »

ok talked me into it... I've ordered one... might give me more control rather than the gentle big toe push I've been doing to get the balance right...  :P

Anyone splurge out on one of these bad boys?

http://www.perfectpedal.com/   :o

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2014, 03:30:33 PM »
One other thing with brakes in AC. There may be a random bug with the braking that needs the brake pressure to be fully depressed while in the pits from time to time. Not sure why it happens but occasionally I go out on track and the brakes are locking up with the slightest touch of the pedal. If I go back into the pits and do the "depress brake pedal fully" thing it returns to normal.

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 04:18:25 PM »
I have the GTeye spring, it is great, much improved and easier to modulate ABS, i left the gamma as it was.

Gratulin, the brakes on the g27 and g25 need to be depressed fully after powering on to initialise them an set the range, otherwise you get 100% for the little you press.. is that what you mean?

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 05:17:34 PM »
I have the GTeye spring, it is great, much improved and easier to modulate ABS, i left the gamma as it was.

Gratulin, the brakes on the g27 and g25 need to be depressed fully after powering on to initialise them an set the range, otherwise you get 100% for the little you press.. is that what you mean?

Yep. Perhaps you don't get 100% but definitely very sensitive. But not all the time and not necessarily for everyone?

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 06:32:00 PM »
I have GTEye and also have to fully depress brake pedal to calibrate.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 09:29:38 PM »
Well, my knees aren't getting any better so after using the GTEye spring mod I put my original G27 brake spring back  in.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm not used to it, but I don't know how you guys drive with the normal spring...  with the GTEye I instinctively knew where the lock-up point was before I was there.  But with the normal spring it's like you have to lock-up to know where the threshold is.  It's terrible.

But, I think I'm going to have to get used to it because my knees are screwed and it's either give up on racing sims or use the original spring.  Not sure what else I can do.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 09:38:48 PM »
Have you tried moving the pedals laterally? ???
I get knee troubles having my legs at certain angles, noticable in different cars.

2+2=√16

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 10:24:30 PM »
Have you tried moving the pedals laterally? ???
I get knee troubles having my legs at certain angles, noticable in different cars.

I've tried backwards, forwards and side to side.  Doesn't seem to make a difference :(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 12:06:05 AM »
Well, my knees aren't getting any better so after using the GTEye spring mod I put my original G27 brake spring back  in.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm not used to it, but I don't know how you guys drive with the normal spring...  with the GTEye I instinctively knew where the lock-up point was before I was there.  But with the normal spring it's like you have to lock-up to know where the threshold is.  It's terrible.

But, I think I'm going to have to get used to it because my knees are screwed and it's either give up on racing sims or use the original spring.  Not sure what else I can do.

Strange as I find the spring a little stiffer and much better for feel, but still nothing compared to any real cars. Sure Ive done more laps on the g25 then in real cars on track but its a bit weird your having so many issues with it.

Is it from a past knee injury that yours are effected so bad, maybe try adjust your seat position as it could just be your leg in a weird angle more then the stiffer spring.

Would be a bastard going back to stock spring but better pedals with load cells would surely be even worse for you then the modded g25. Do you get any issues driving the real car on long trips too or is it purely sim racing that stuffs your knee?

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 12:13:37 AM »
Never had any knee issues before.  And that's after years of cricket and various other sports.

Might go to a physio and tell him/her how intense sim racing is!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 07:14:25 AM »
Have you tried raising the pedals?

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 07:44:50 AM »
Have you tried raising the pedals?

The pedals are on the floor under my desk and I'm using an office chair.  I'm using a WheelStand Pro which I attach the pedals and wheel to.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2014, 08:51:15 AM »
As an alternative, have you tried the old squash ball under the pedal trick, as something in between? I've never raced with either mod, so I have no idea if they're comparable. The squash ball might be less force for your knee.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 09:16:44 AM »
Never had any knee issues before.  And that's after years of cricket and various other sports.

Might go to a physio and tell him/her how intense sim racing is!

Yeah you need to look after them knees bro!
Have you tried this type of seating position?
This is me from my Asian-happy-style-drift-sensation SIM days..

Don't let it get out of control Mr Threepwood. You kinda need your knees IRL for a very long time.

There are plenty of controller options. Many paraplegics SIM race. I'm sure there are even G27 mods.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2014, 10:05:44 AM »
I don't think the seating position is going to change much as it is just the pushing pressure that causes the issue.  I have tried lowering and raising the seat and adjusting everything to sit more vertical or more horizontal (as much as you can in an office chair and desk) but hasn't helped.

I might try Wally's idea of a rubber ball.  I don't so much need anything stiff, just something that reduces the linearity of the brake pressure as it is depressed with as little resistance as possible.

I think it's only been an issue because of the ridiculously long sessions I've spent with AC.  I blame Dick and Marty and the Superman Jump for making me have so much fun fluffing around for hours on end.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal