Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat  (Read 83916 times)

Rolz

Re: Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Silverstone_Circuit_2010_version.png

I can see about 500-600ms improvement for myself still on this course... I just need to get "Corpse" consistent and then workout if I need to drop down to 5th in "Becketts". And probably "Vale" brake consistency is difficult for me there... But I have dropped 3seconds over a few hours practice this weekend... And of course using Guybrush's setup...  ;D

I can smell a 2:01... but anything faster is at this stage beyond me...  :P
Just makes u itch to get out and practice practice practice  ::)

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2014, 05:06:47 PM »
just got back into this game after a few weeks off, have done 13 laps in prep  :-\
gonna need some practice for tuesday! but looking forward to it!

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2014, 05:11:55 PM »
Haven't had much practice myself... not even sure what lap times as I can't complete one without coming off lol

Will work on a set the rest of today and tomorrow night.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2014, 05:28:42 PM »
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Silverstone_Circuit_2010_version.png

I can see about 500-600ms improvement for myself still on this course... I just need to get "Corpse" consistent and then workout if I need to drop down to 5th in "Becketts". And probably "Vale" brake consistency is difficult for me there... But I have dropped 3seconds over a few hours practice this weekend... And of course using Guybrush's setup...  ;D

I can smell a 2:01... but anything faster is at this stage beyond me...  :P
Just makes u itch to get out and practice practice practice  ::)

I can take Copse flat, with what is essentially one of Guybrush's early setups, and that makes up some time. I actually drop down to 4th at Becketts. I find if I enter there too fast, I run wide (to the left of the track) and then lose some exit speed from Chapel. I think I lose some time exiting from Vale too - it seems to be easy to oversteer there.

I've been playing with AIM telemetry too. It's a great tool for comparing two laps. Guybrush, if you can put down a hotlap and then post up your My Documents\Assetto Corsa\aim\telemetry_dump.nkt file straight after the session, I can use that as a baseline lap. If anyone else wants to do the same, I can then do a comparison between your lap and Guybrush's and you will see exactly where you are losing time.

It looks like this. The bottom graph shows you the lap time delta between the two laps.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2014, 05:34:21 PM »
Sure thing Wally, I'll do a lap now and post that data.  I have changed my setup though, whether that fudges some of the comparison...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »
Have you worked out the suspension frequency histogram yet Wally? :o ???

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2014, 06:02:37 PM »
Have you worked out the suspension frequency histogram yet Wally? :o ???

You mean this bad boy?

This shows you the percentage of time that each damper spends in bump and rebound, and also whether one side is overdamped with respect to the other side (if the height of the "0" peaks are different left to right. Above, the rear left is damped slightly more than the right, because the peak is lower, but it's probably close enough here.

You can also see in the front dampers that they spend about equal time in bump and rebound, as the percentages above and below the 0 peak are roughly the same. It also shows you whether you need more or less fast bump/rebound - if you're aiming for symmetrical histograms, which is good as a rule of thumb, but not always true. E.g. in high downforce cars, you want more or less rebound than bump (not sure which, yet).

Also, if your peaks are too broad, it shows that you don't have enough damping.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2014, 07:12:18 PM »
Here is my aim data.  I was playing around with FFB settings though so there are quite a few laps just testing.  The final lap is the quickest - a 2.00.1

actually, it wont let me upload as the file is too big so I've put it in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gphmgjwa0fyta1z/telemetry_dump.nkt
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:42:58 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »
Here is my aim data.  I was playing around with FFB settings though so there are quite a few laps just testing.  The final lap is the quickest - a 2.00.1

actually, it wont let me upload as the file is too big so I've put it in my dropbox:

File doesn't seem to be there.

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2014, 08:43:21 PM »

File doesn't seem to be there.

Should work now.

Offline Enforcer-J

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2014, 10:47:14 PM »
Unexpected packets received!!!!!!!

300 attempts later...!!!! Still cant connect.

Anyone know of a fix for this connection issue? I can join a 300+ ping server with 20 cars but I cant get back into the xgn server :/

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2014, 11:14:35 PM »

Anyone know of a fix for this connection issue? I can join a 300+ ping server with 20 cars but I cant get back into the xgn server :/
We had one guy who had a lot of troubles. He was on Windows 8. Is that what you have?

Offline Enforcer-J

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2014, 11:26:30 PM »
No Im running windows 7. It appears to be a bigger issue since the last update and the same goes for the game not closing and having to ctrl/alt/del to close steam if I want to get back into the game again.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2014, 10:47:56 AM »

I take it that your Jason Madden we saw those 300 connection attempts while on the server lol. By any chance did you not put the password in or get it wrong?

I actualy saw your car parked on pit straight once and even saw a lap posted but not sure if you actually ever got in. We were going to give you a persistance award for number of attempts.

Also if your having issues with the launcher best to make the launcher in window mode by pressing f11. This fixed all my launcher issues and has no effect on the game itself which will still be rendered in full screen. If running very high res or triple screens the launcher has been quite buggy and I run both of those so window mode is my best option.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:54:18 AM by marty »

Rolz

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2014, 10:56:29 AM »
The final lap is the quickest - a 2.00.1

wow just wow...  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal