Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R2: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R2: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat  (Read 16683 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S12R2: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat
« on: June 14, 2016, 10:24:53 PM »
RACE RESULTS

No penalties. Race 2 lap 1, Jeremy and Hylas came together at turn 3, but it was a 50/50 side-to-side touch of wheels.

Round Points

NameQualRace 1Race 2BonusTotal
Marty104040292
Matthew1119383885
Phil.88363680
Grat7343475
Bacchulum6323068
Jeremy4303266
StanDaam3282657
Freezer2222448
Wally0242246
hylas5122845
Mael0261440
Bafs171182039
Chap1110201232
Rob0161632
Vipergod081826
Doobs014014
AJ010010

Congratulations to Marty on the clean sweep, taking maximum points.

Season Podium
1. Marty, 92
2. Matthew111, 85
3. Jeremy, 84

There are a few rivalries forming in the race results:

Rivals
 A rival is someone who crosses the start line in front of you most laps.

DriverRival
AJRob
DoobsRob
GratPhil.8
hylasBafs17
Matthew111Marty
Phil.8Matthew111
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:51:06 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S12R2: Brands Hatch Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 10:39:30 PM »
While we wait for Wally, enjoy the pre-race drama on AC's forum, involving your very own:

It all started here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/from-the-facebook.22763/page-584#post-701881

Note 1: I posted the embedded link to the video. The mods took it off and wrote (now deleted)

"EDIT MOD: no it's not. It would be nice if you guys don't try to hack you way and find unlisted videos. Do you always have to ruin everything? seriously?"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note 2: Aris then modified his post, but it orinigally said "I am angry [...] I do not know how but some *** managed to hack the linik of the video" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:42:42 PM by grat »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 10:43:02 PM »
While we wait for Wally, enjoy the pre-race drama on AC's forum, involving your very own:

It all started here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/from-the-facebook.22763/page-584#post-701881

Note: I posted the embedded link to the video. The mods took it off and wrote (now deleted)

"EDIT MOD: no it's not. It would be nice if you guys don't try to hack you way and find unlisted videos. Do you always have to ruin everything? seriously?"

lol Grat did you piss them off too, what was in the video?

Was it this video by any chance.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 10:51:27 PM »
Added the results to the 1st post...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 11:03:02 PM »

Note: I posted the embedded link to the video. The mods took it off and wrote (now deleted)

lol Grat did you piss them off too, what was in the video?

Was it this video by any chance.

Yes, marty. it was exactly that video.

In the end it was SurrealCar's fault, but Aris at the beginning evidently thought I was a genious of youtube or something. Go figure: it took me 10 minutes just to manage to post a comment on the video...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 11:13:12 PM »
Not a bad night for me.  Ran high aero just in the hope it would stay attached to the track!
R1 Got away clean behind the faster guys and tried to hand on for a few laps but soon found myself on my own in 7th where I spent most of the race.  Things were looking good but I dropped a wheel on the grass braking in to the 2nd last corner and was off letting 3 cars through and got home 10th.
R2 Similar story as R1, but a few laps in I had Grat chasing me down.  It was going well until we had a small touch at T6.  From the replay I might suggest Grat locked up a bit on entry which sent him straight on tagging my right rear.  Lucky for me I got straightened up and kept going.  From there I got home 9th.
I ran 12 lap first stints in both races but found the need to conserve the revs a bit to maintain enough fuel.  I actually ran out in R2 whilst in pit lane and only just made my box.
Bad luck to Grat with the contact, but a good nights racing. 

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 11:22:30 PM »
Not a bad night for me.  Ran high aero just in the hope it would stay attached to the track!
R1 Got away clean behind the faster guys and tried to hand on for a few laps but soon found myself on my own in 7th where I spent most of the race.  Things were looking good but I dropped a wheel on the grass braking in to the 2nd last corner and was off letting 3 cars through and got home 10th.
R2 Similar story as R1, but a few laps in I had Grat chasing me down.  It was going well until we had a small touch at T6.  From the replay I might suggest Grat locked up a bit on entry which sent him straight on tagging my right rear.  Lucky for me I got straightened up and kept going.  From there I got home 9th.
I ran 12 lap first stints in both races but found the need to conserve the revs a bit to maintain enough fuel.  I actually ran out in R2 whilst in pit lane and only just made my box.
Bad luck to Grat with the contact, but a good nights racing.
I watched the reply and I completely agree with you. My bad, sorry. It was my 4th attempt to pass you and locked the outside (!) front and understeered into you.

Looks like I learned the lesson (albeit the hard way), though, as my next 4 passes were clean, looks like.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 11:32:03 PM »
Qualy was real close and I think I was lucky to get away with pole just like last week, I havent had much luck with traffic in the second run and so decided to push hard early in the session to set a banker lap at least. I had a bit of an advantage here though as I put this up on my server for a few weeks prior to even having this combo come up as the possible next season.

Race 1 I got a reasonable start and managed to get a small gap early, I then just tried to hit apexes and leave some margin also short shifting a bit to save some fuel and possibly run 13 laps in the first stint. I had enough fuel at the end but decided to pit on lap 12 anyway as Matthew had already pitted and when I came out of the pits the gap that was 3 or 5 seconds had grown to about 7 so running the extra lap seemed to help a bit on the stop. From there I just tried to run consistent clean laps to the end, still quite a lonely race but its enough of a challenge just trying to run consistant quick laps.

Race 2 I had lots of understeer t1 and so had to lift a bit to avoid beaching it, Jeremy was close behind and unfortunately this caught him out a bit and to avoid contact he sent himself off track. In the race I wanted to push a bit harder but also try to squeeze out one more lap on the fuel, Matthew had put in some quick laps early so I pushed a bit harder to try break his spirit a little. I stopped lap 13 just making it on fuel and then tried to push on the last stint. I missed a gear into t2 on a couple laps nearly destroying the gearbox with a few laps to go so in the end I just made sure not to kill the car and bring it back. I was trying to see if I could complete race 2 in a faster time the race 1 but then I saw in results it doesnt show total race time anywhere.

Seems the guys getting blue flags are maybe beeing a bit too nice and costing themselves too much time being lapped.I think best to just run your normal pace but if someone catches you into a corner just hold your line and lift enough to give them the corner. There were some guys that were mid battle with others and they backed off so much it cost them a place, main thing to not do is blatantly block a car lapping you but it shouldnt cost people too much and they should be able to get on with their race.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 01:39:52 AM »
I was surprised with my Qual time. I beat my previous PB in the practice by 2 seconds. :O

Race 1, I got loose on T6 I think it was and poor Chaps had nowhere to go besides right up my backside. Sorry mate, I'm not sure how this effected your race, surely didn't help. I received quite a bit of damage and decided to run until lap 4 before pitting to fill the car and fix the damage. I stupidly didn't setup my pitconfig until I was on the grid for R1 and forgot to actually select to fix my car. I pitted, filled and left realising seconds later that the car was still heavily damaged... I might be one of the ones you were referring to Marty when giving up plenty of time to let you past. This was mostly because of the damage, I didn't want to risk any further troubles. In the end, I blew the gearbox on T5 of the last lap. :(

Race 2, Turn 3 of lap 1 I had contact with Jeremy. I thought I had given you racing room but looking at the replay. I probably could of moved over a bit more. This put Jeremy and I to the back of the field. One lap later, I binned it hard into a wall and received some heavy damage. So once again I was to pit on lap 4, fill it and fix it. This time I did fix the car and managed to get away with a 7th place. Better then I was expecting after the start.

Both races, I was away from mostly everyone. Chasing down Stan in the second half of race 2 was about the only close racing I had. Well done Marty on the max points!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 07:24:16 AM »
That was me who gave up a battle because of a blue flag, when Marty lapped me. I was amazed that we were being lapped! I had been having a great with Bafs, and when I saw the blue flag, I could see two cars close me, Bafs and Marty. I thought I recognised Marty's livery in the mirror, so let him past, but it was Bafs. Bafs kindly gave me the spot back.

I wasn't happy with the car at all. It felt very nervous in the corners, feeling like it was both understeering and oversteering. It felt like there was very little grip, even after softening the springs. I had heaps of wing to try to make it stick to the track, but it possibly slowed me down too much, as cars around me seemed to be much quicker. I was quite a bit off the pace of most other Ferraris.

I downloaded Phil's setup from The Setup Market app. I would recommend that app, as you can download and upload setups from it regardless of what server you're on. His gearing was very different to mine in the lower gears, which was possibly a lesson for me, but it felt too different to my setup and I didn't want to relearn the way the car felt on race night.

I had some good battles though, finishing 0.08 behind Mael in race 1, and having some close racing with Bafs and Rob as well. But the nervousness of the car took away some of the enjoyment.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 08:22:38 AM »
Well....
I'm not enjoying this series and will pull out.
 :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 10:12:27 AM »
Well....

Thats a shame Stan, but looking at the track schedule Brands was likely the trickiest combo by a fair bit and you can switch to a lotus after next round if the Ferrari isnt being so nice to you.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 10:14:59 AM »
Well that was fun and disappointing.
Qual isn't that important to me because I can't seem to make setups I can drive that have enough pace , but I still enjoy trying.

Race 1 started well and was travelling in 11th at the pit stop following Wally and Freezer (I think) but slowly losing touch.
I keep having sound dropouts every couple of laps I lose sound for a half second or so. Around lap 17 it distracted me one too many times and I lost my rhythm completely, I had an off, lost a couple of positions, it all went to shit and made another handful of mistakes.

I tried to fix the sound problem between races and ended up causing Assetto Corsa to freeze. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

I'm hoping I can get my shit sorted in time to get some decent practice in.

See ya next week
Darren

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 10:34:32 AM »
Well....

1    Struggle Street Racing Crew    
2    Golden Goats    
3    DA Racing
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 10:35:53 AM »
if Stan is pulling out I will go back to Scuderia Krahl if thats possible, if not I will be a goat :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal