Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R3: Silverstone pre-race chat

Author Topic: S8R3: Silverstone pre-race chat  (Read 37226 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S8R3: Silverstone pre-race chat
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 03:55:03 PM »
I heard from a reliable source that Ysu left because of the unfulfilled romantic tension between himself and said team-mate.  My reliable sauce works as the beautician behind the scenes at Team TKO and says that TKO prefer using a tanning foil as opposed to a solarium tanning bed.  That was all the goss I could get out of him before he had to pick all the green skittles out of Wally's weekly pamper pack.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 06:08:15 PM »
I heard from a reliable source that Ysu left because of the unfulfilled romantic tension between himself and said team-mate.

And gratulin's actions at vallelunga wouldn't have helped matters here.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 06:15:55 PM »
I heard from a reliable source that Ysu left because of the unfulfilled romantic tension between himself and said team-mate.

LOL. It's all lies, I tell ya.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 10:49:47 PM »

I'm pretty sure that was the last race Ysu competed in, I dont think he liked the blossoming relationship with a rival much.  :'(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 06:19:47 AM »
SATURDAY - Freezer has signed a new sponsorship deal with Shell, and taken delivery of a new livery. Freezer will be hoping that a new sponsor brings a better result than Zandvoort, where he struggled with tyre degradation, finishing in an uncharacteristic last position of 18th. In a sign of the grip difficulties he faced, Freezer was also handed down a 10 second penalty for repeated track cutting. After the race, Freezer said “My car was crap!  3-4 laps in the front tyres are shot, it won't stop or turn in and was like driving a boat.”

Freezer's new livery

New Tyres

Michelin have released a new tyre in time for the Silverstone round. The new tyre promises less graining at low speeds then the previous tyre compound. With the new tyre, Achilles Heel’s Marty has called for the use of tyre warmers to be scrapped, but XGN management has opted to retain their use to promote safer race starts.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 12:03:53 PM »
Still looks like a 2 stopper to me.
Hard tyres fell off from 96% to 88% on lap 9, losing up to 7sec/lap. :o

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 12:19:22 PM »
I havent ran any laps there yet but thats worse then they were for me over 10 laps at Zandvoort with 4.5x wear. I may need to double check the server when I get home as its possible I only changed fuel rate not wear from the zandvoort setting. :o Fair chance that I fooked it up I think.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »
I hope Marty did not fuck it up, otherwise all this is wasted. I did a few long runs and a pit-stop. It is actually tight. Without traffic my prediction is mediums 2 stops beats mediums 1 stop by 4 or 5 seconds only. 1 stop affords you to race with calm, but you have three laps on no rubber each stint. 2 stops you always have good rubber, but you need to push and risk to stay in traffic.... Undercuts are highly feasible, especially between two 1 stoppers.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2015, 05:26:41 PM »
Ok just got home checked the server settings and wear rate is at 4.5x but surely it couldn't have been me the buggered that up. I will change the server up to how it should be sorry guys but whatever strategy you planned should still work only better. :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 05:31:15 PM »
I have changed practice server to 2.4x fuel and tyre wear though having wear at 4.5x could be another way to give some strategy variations even if not forced a 2 stopper. So there may have been method in my madness that I nor Wally had considered.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2015, 06:43:26 PM »
So a 1 stopper should be possible. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2015, 09:02:46 PM »
Definitely possible. at lap 12 tyres where in the 96 or so %. With the tank getting empty you can still run at a similar pace you would run your first laps.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2015, 09:14:18 PM »
The 2.4x multiplier didn't happen by accident ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2015, 10:06:28 PM »
The 2.4x multiplier didn't happen by accident ;)

It may be more interesting with higher tyre wear rate to open the option for people to try 1 or 2 stop strategies.

Definitely possible. at lap 12 tyres where in the 96 or so %. With the tank getting empty you can still run at a similar pace you would run your first laps.

Last round was quite interesting as even then the 2 stopper by Jeremy was a much better option then my 1 earlier stop and longer second run. So it wpuld spice things up more if people do actually lose lap speed over the run rather then fuel burn and wear pretty much leveling off the pace.

Maybe not this season but can be something worth trying in a future one.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 11:24:06 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2015, 11:08:54 PM »

Maybe not this season but can be sonething qorth trying in a future one.
Yes, definitely, especially a GT3 season.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal