Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R4: Nurburgring GP pre-race chat

Author Topic: S8R4: Nurburgring GP pre-race chat  (Read 37668 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: S8R4: Nurburgring GP pre-race chat
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2015, 10:21:46 PM »
I did a couple of races on the "get your minorating" server that is overseas. Got hit by  warping car on 1st lap but still finished the 5 map race. Then got hit from behind on lap 1 in a 2nd race. Minirating now up to B :D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 09:35:46 AM »
So just to confirm Wally, we will be using the weather settings as on the prac server (so same graining)?  I plan on doing some setup work tonight :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 10:08:34 AM »
So just to confirm Wally, we will be using the weather settings as on the prac server (so same graining)?  I plan on doing some setup work tonight :)
Take a look at Tuesday's weather forecast in the first post. At this stage, race 1 is cold and damp; race 2 is dry. That's part of the fun of using the real weather - you don't know exactly what you're going to get until race day.

Also look at their track temp chart. Yes, track temp can be around 15 degrees in real life. Maybe you'll have to use harder tyres. Do you want to see what the  graining is like on hards with a very cold track?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 10:59:06 AM »
I think the hard tyres may be worse as they will be colder. Anyway, all good as it's the same for everyone (in the GX anyway).  Just wanted to be sure I'm creating a setup for those conditions in mind.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 03:24:32 PM »
I did a couple of races on the "get your minorating" server that is overseas. Got hit by  warping car on 1st lap but still finished the 5 map race. Then got hit from behind on lap 1 in a 2nd race. Minirating now up to B :D

To get a minorating running laps on the practice server should get you started and if there are others you drive close to for a couple races this should be able to get you to a or b. Also there is one of my servers that is for a b c d n, with n being unrated so anyone but a w (wrecker) rated driver should be able to get into it.

With the track temps I found hards pretty useless at colder temps due to them running cooler and graining more then the medium tyres.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 03:40:38 PM »
Hi guys,

the server got stuck at 0C for both air and track temp. I was there with rob and we tried to skip a few times and restart a few times more, but we were always getting 0C. Something seems to have gone wrong. Of course, in my immense ignorance, I have no idea about what it might be, but hopefully you guys can figure it out at some point.

Cheers!

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »
Can anyone tell me what might be causing this in the GTC.

Usually I am OK at not having the backend spin out and with TC enabled its even easier but it seems that on two corners I have this weird behaviour when I trail brake a bit more then normal. If I go into ford curve or bit curve (i hope i have the names right) my backend spins me around 180 degrees.

I've tried a few different setups and some don't seem to do it as much but I can't figure out what would cause it. Is it the diff power and the other setting that cause this? Brake balance?

Monday night and I haven't managed to get even five laps in without spinning out on one of these two corners. Help!  :-[

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2015, 04:53:34 PM »
Have you changed the setup at all Phil? I've done a few laps on a couple of different nights with the default setup and haven't noticed this issue. I've turned the TC off as it was annoying. I got used to not having it in the GX, though the ABS is noice!

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »
This is my setup here, I've been trying all sorts of setups with TC enabled or diabled. I tend to leave ABS on because I lock up too easy when its off.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=06293568638367886920

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2015, 06:08:30 PM »
It could be a combination of the tyres not getting hot enough and rear graining.  Turn on the physics app and check the "Grain R" value - it's a percentage between 0 and 100 (as most percentages are!).

Check ride height isn't too low and decrease the rear ARB, soften rear springs and put more negative camber on the rear.  Also lower the rear tyre pressures, especially for the cold.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 06:12:33 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2015, 06:30:01 PM »
As of right now, the forecast for 10am Tuesday is "pissing down", so I've set the practice server to that.
13:00 is looking 14 degrees and damp.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2015, 06:58:16 PM »
Sorry Wally but I won't be able to make it tomorrow night. The Old Boy is returning from his trip to the home country Italy and I'll need to get him from the airport.  He got upset when I mentioned the word 'taxi'.  ??? ::)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »
Sorry Wally but I won't be able to make it tomorrow night. The Old Boy is returning from his trip to the home country Italy and I'll need to get him from the airport.  He got upset when I mentioned the word 'taxi'.  ??? ::)
Thanks. Maybe try ”chauffeur” next time.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2015, 07:34:49 PM »
It could be a combination of the tyres not getting hot enough and rear graining.  Turn on the physics app and check the "Grain R" value - it's a percentage between 0 and 100 (as most percentages are!).

Check ride height isn't too low and decrease the rear ARB, soften rear springs and put more negative camber on the rear.  Also lower the rear tyre pressures, especially for the cold.
Hi GB: is there a way to check if I am bottoming out? Car feels fine quite low, but I have some strange behaviour on some corner where I would like to keep the front more loaded...

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2015, 09:03:30 PM »
Just had a go on the practice server. Looking forward to some ice skating tomorrow  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal