Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R5: Baskerville Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R5: Baskerville Post-Race Chat  (Read 20696 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S13R5: Baskerville Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 10:58:06 AM »
There I did run into the back of Joe lap 1 t2, he just slowed much more the I thought he would relative to the field but still my fault for running into him.

I'm not sure I even noticed :o

Ended up going wider than I wanted and was being overly cautious about putting a tyre on the grass as I lost count of the number of times I did it pushing in practice.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 11:59:30 AM »
Good points about defending the inside or the outside, Marty. If I'm defending on the inside, I tend to hug the inside real tight so I don't end up moving across into the path of the car attempting the pass. Depending on the next turn that's coming up, that sometimes ends up with me being able to keep my position.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 01:10:45 PM »
PC is fixed, I'll see you all next round.

I went and bought a PSU today, no more performance problems ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 01:46:38 PM »
PC is fixed, I'll see you all next round.

I went and bought a PSU today, no more performance problems ;)
Excellent. I need my rival back :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 05:36:09 PM »
Race 1 public noob server
Race 2 dodgem cars
Race 3 wreck fest

fixed for me lol

I never liked this track from the start, and with 20 odd people racing, it proved me right. The fact people could overtake on the grass on the back straight and falling into the great abyss underneath shows how beta this track really is. Being hit from every angle and squashed etc led to a lot of frustration on my part, so apologies to everyone I slammed into or put out by my own undoings.

My mind wasn't completely in it after being sandwiched and knocked about a fair bit trying to make my way through the chaos of race 1 lap 1. Couldn't get a clean lap together and lost confidence after numerous unforced and forced errors. On many occasions I just felt like quitting but kept going saying it's going to get better when it only got worse haha Race 2 and 3 were no better for me really, need to watch the replays to see exactly what happened but it was more of the same, and being lapped each race was the final straw.

Bring on a proper track like SIlverstone :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 07:22:46 PM »
I quite liked Baskerville.  There aren't many small tracks in AC so it was good for a change and I enjoyed the close company.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 07:57:03 PM »
Yes, it's good to mix up a variety of tracks, fast and slow, flowing and tight. It's all a test of temperament and skill.

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 10:16:08 PM »
I don't mind it for some fun with a max of about 10 people, on the weekend I had some great races on the practice server that were close and yet no dodgem fest either. It's just not as polished as some of the other mod tracks, why can't any decent modders make some aussie tracks for ac? Eastern Creek also looks half finished.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 08:32:10 AM »
I don't mind it for some fun with a max of about 10 people, on the weekend I had some great races on the practice server that were close and yet no dodgem fest either. It's just not as polished as some of the other mod tracks, why can't any decent modders make some aussie tracks for ac? Eastern Creek also looks half finished.

I think Baskerville is one of the better mod tracks. Shame that cliff edge along the back straight is still there. Other then that its only the small pits that are an issue.

Racing in a big field there can be fun, they just need to show a bit more respect for everyone else on track and this can happen anywhere. It can be good or bad depending on the people but also being a less used track, many may not have known. With little to no practice for some it turned out pretty much as I expected it would with a fair bit of carnage.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 09:11:20 AM »
I did have a good nights racing but I think the closely packed grid contributed also as from launch we were all nose to tail....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 11:01:22 AM »
It's not very far from the start line to T1, which always makes racing tricky.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2016, 11:19:05 AM »
I had some of the best close racing I've had with xgn but as I was starting pretty close to the front i missed all the carnage.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2016, 01:48:08 PM »
After watching some of the F1 and V8 action maybe we expecting a bit too much if the goal is zero contact?  ;D

But i agree the track is one of the better mods, the cliff edge is a shame but by the time you fall off it your race was probably ruined already.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2016, 02:22:00 PM »
But i agree the track is one of the better mods, the cliff edge is a shame but by the time you fall off it your race was probably ruined already.

Nah, would have only lost 1 position and almost held it before dropping off  :(

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016, 05:37:33 PM »
Yeah wasnt a great track for the 370 lol, race 1 i was going ok being a bit conservative in 9th behind joe when he went slower than i thought mid turn 2 and i gave him the slightest nudge that sent him off so i waited and ended up 12th, race 2 i was more aggressive and ended up 4th with no issues. Race 3 i got caught behind the ben rob spin not knowing where they were going so darted to the outside and let 5 cars past trying to re enter lol had a good battle with freezer most the race and got back to 4th.
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal