Xtreme Gaming Network

Ringmaster 3 - Formula Abarth

Author Topic: Ringmaster 3 - Formula Abarth  (Read 48523 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Ringmaster 3 - Formula Abarth
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2015, 10:21:32 PM »
WIP Setup, built for comfort not for speed.

Thanks Guy, will give it a go
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2015, 11:04:05 PM »
Probably already seen but just in case.

PS. I still find it takes too much concentration for me to do practise, then qual then have to face another 3 laps of the race.

Overall time on track is pretty much the same as any other race night. I think you are just succumbing to ”Ring Fever”.
Yeah. Definitely need that cream. I think I previously had a better "attitude" to the Ring. I am out driving myself therefore crashing. Need to go back to driving within my ability.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2015, 07:25:25 AM »
Don't. Touch. The kerbs.

Death becomes her.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2015, 09:59:07 AM »
Probably already seen but just in case.

PS. I still find it takes too much concentration for me to do practise, then qual then have to face another 3 laps of the race.

I haven't seen that one before.  Really nice.  Casual, smooth, and pretty darn accurate. :)

For me there are a couple of corners that I know I'm not taking right, either missing the turn-in point and subsequently the apex, or turning in too early.  But these are bad habits learned in , and die hard...
Hmmm...I'm not smooth nor accurate and definitely not casual! I think I have discovered why I am off Nords at present :)

The tricky thing is driving within your comfort zone nords is quite cruizy. But then go well beyond that for pace and it becomes hard work. I know GB will be quicker then me again so I need to push harder to hang on hopefully force him into an error or use the draft to cruise on behind til the final straight moto gp style.  :D

I tried a few drunk laps last nite and thats a challenge in this car. Made for some brave outside passes on Rolz but then id miss a brake zone and have an early race end lol.

Tyre choice is interesting you could use all 3 and they all have their strengths at some point. My setup is quite drifty so its lots of sideways action through the slower bits but be a touch late on the correction and its in a wall. Hence my issues after some drinks lol.

I will post my setup here when I get home but I forgot last nite though it should still be in ptracker.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:06:01 AM by marty »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2015, 10:38:34 AM »
WIP Setup, built for comfort not for speed.

Thx Guybrush

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2015, 10:59:36 AM »
Marty - care to share ur setup? I'm 20 seconds off ur pace...

Please??  ;D
At least you're better than Stan's 14:38.743.

Hey I've just gotta work on a few corner exits and I'm there!!  :P

Started from scratch with setup, all about wings and gear ratios here to start off with, do half a lap then tweak, and repeat, and repeat, then load up Marty's set at the end, jump in it and gain 20kph's easily in sections... Where ma goat!!!  :-X :'( :-X

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2015, 11:25:45 AM »
There are two tricky corners in these.
* adenauer forst
* ex-muhl

The weight transfer and camber usually get the car quite loose.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 11:53:58 AM »
Has anyone noticed any issues with connection over the last couple days. I havent been on too much but we did have 10 or so on the trackday server without issues. Thanks to a tip Rolz gave me in pm I have managed to drop server bandwidth usage a fair bit. Seems someone was doing the old brute force attack lol.

Servers have been pushed back out to 20hz where they were down to 10hz while I was away. Also with MR local auth join lags havent been an issue but it could be possible some may face connection issues.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 04:02:38 PM »
ex-Muhle is my bogey corner in any car. :(
But I can't take the Karousel in this one. >:(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2015, 07:13:03 PM »
It would be good to try your setup, Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2015, 08:02:23 PM »
@Marty - tried the one u have on stracker and it really doesn't work for me... it's bouncing around on the ground... I can't see how you got a top speed of 230kph with it as I was barely able to get 220kph

I'm working lifting it a little and using my gear ratio... still can't see me getting under 7:20  :o

Will just work on consistency I think...  ::)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2015, 08:07:01 PM »
I've started using horse tranquillizer hoping to break my 14.38....  :-X :-[ :-X

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2015, 09:38:32 PM »
@Marty - tried the one u have on stracker and it really doesn't work for me... it's bouncing around on the ground... I can't see how you got a top speed of 230kph with it as I was barely able to get 220kph

I'm working lifting it a little and using my gear ratio... still can't see me getting under 7:20  :o

Will just work on consistency I think...  ::)

So is the setup on stracker even when I am not there or did you get it while I was in. Wont be home tonight but will jump on tomorrow nite.

Top speed may have a fair bit to do with exits onto the fast sections, there really isnt too much you can do with setup. But if mines bouncing around your probably using kerbs and they are a big nono in this car here.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:40:27 PM by marty »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2015, 09:41:49 PM »
Yeah, your setup's there when you're not Marty.

2+2=√16

Rolz

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2015, 10:33:22 PM »
Top speed may have a fair bit to do with exits onto the fast sections, there really isnt too much you can do with setup. But if mines bouncing around your probably using kerbs and they are a big nono in this car here.

Re-reading my comment I sounded a little blunt and I apologise... wasn't my intention - I relish the opportunity to use ur setups as they tend to work really well for me :)

By bouncing I meant it feels like I'm bottoming out...

Definitely don't touch the curbs with this car... So not worth it...

As Bacchulum said, setup is there when ur not...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal