Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 3: Monza Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 3: Monza Race Chat  (Read 99992 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Round 3: Monza Race Chat
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2014, 01:05:28 AM »
Are we using FreeJoin for XGN for Tues nite racing? I have also tried it on my server but it seems to disable collision detection allowing cars to drive thru each other when on track... I've not been able to figure out why yet. It adds so many positives... but this is a serious negative.

The collisions was a bug in the latest AC build not freejoin related, they just released an update to fix this.

- Launcher: optimizations for ultra high resolution and triple screen setups
- Launcher: GPU memory usage limit
- Fixed no collisions in multiplayer

Freejoin isnt needed for the race server as the full field is prebooked, I agree freejoin is great and I will need to jump on your server next time I see it running was fun the few races I did.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2014, 08:22:12 AM »
Great to see Kunos working so fast on fixes.  I'm running at 2560 x 1440 so hopefully the fix to ultra high res works as well.

It could have been because there were only another 1 or 2 cars on the server but turning off the tyre temp app seemed to help with frame rates a little.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2014, 10:32:35 AM »
I'm having problems with the AI on this track, at 100% they are too slow even if I slow down for them at the start.

Is there a way to make an AI line ourselves? Can someone make a AI file that might be faster? The number one AI was lapping Id guess at around 2:05 - 2:06's @ 100% skill.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2014, 11:32:57 AM »
I'm having problems with the AI on this track, at 100% they are too slow even if I slow down for them at the start.

Is there a way to make an AI line ourselves? Can someone make a AI file that might be faster? The number one AI was lapping Id guess at around 2:05 - 2:06's @ 100% skill.
They are pretty hopeless here. What you can do is make sure they're using the same setup as you. Create this folder:

Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\setups\bmw_m3_e30_gra\monza

and put your setup in it. Doesn't matter what it's called - they'll use the one setup that's in that folder.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2014, 11:36:55 AM »
Thank you Wally, I was thinking that when I was racing them if they used my setup or the default.

I'll give it a go now thanks.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2014, 01:52:59 PM »
Great to see Kunos working so fast on fixes.  I'm running at 2560 x 1440 so hopefully the fix to ultra high res works as well.

It could have been because there were only another 1 or 2 cars on the server but turning off the tyre temp app seemed to help with frame rates a little.
I just did some testing of framerates and turning off ALL the Python apps resulted in increased FPS. I am now getting over 50fps in the pits and between 70 and 100 around the circuit. Coming back passed the pits it goes back to 50-60 fps however. Seems that the Python apps hit the FPS. Not sure if this was the case before? Built in AC apps don't have the same effect since they are C++ I think.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2014, 02:01:47 PM »

You can make a new fast line AI fairly easily if you enable dev apps within the Assetto Corsa config ini. Then you use the app to make a new line and giving them a custom setup would help too.

I have made some AI for new tracks but they still have a pretty major issue with any very low speed corners. The first chicane at Monza even I have issues with lol so I dont think AI will have much hope there. The best I have managed is on tracks without very slow corners to get them within a second of my pace but any hairpins or first gear corners they will lose quite a but of time.

If you make a specific one in one car it may work better just for these but struggle more with other cars. Also the AI arent so precise so through the second chicane where you need to be centimeters off the kerbs on both sides the AI will end up hitting these quite a bit I think and have pretty big issues.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »
Nice pit crew sign you have there Marty.  :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2014, 05:21:32 PM »
LOL
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2014, 06:04:11 PM »
Lol wtf, how did that go from my bedroom wall to my pit? think I will need to make someone else a nice sign now.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 06:05:58 PM by marty »

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2014, 07:38:06 PM »
I'm currently 6 seconds faster in the DTM..Doesn't feel right. That's what I'm starting in right wally!?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2014, 08:30:51 PM »
I'm currently 6 seconds faster in the DTM..Doesn't feel right. That's what I'm starting in right wally!?

I hate to break it to you, but everyone starts in the Group A!

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2014, 09:18:15 PM »
Just borrowed your setup ;) ta. 0.319 behind you and and out of fuel just before finish line on the parabolica. Getting there!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2014, 09:24:32 PM »
Would you guys suggest putting the diff lock at 90%?  From what I can tell it puts more power down during cornering with marginal grip?

It shouldn't make a difference but for some reason when it's higher the rear also seems more likely to step out during coast into a corner??? (this isn't the diff coast setting).

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2014, 10:10:20 PM »
The power diff lock locks the diff earlier if you put it higher.   If you do that, it'll have less oversteer under power, but when it goes, it goes completely (both wheels will break tracion)
The coast diff will lock under braking, again, earlier if it's higher.  The effect is, again, more understeer, but this time on corner-in.

There is sometimes a third one, an overall lock, but other than that these are exclusive, they should not have effects crossing over into the other's domain  - unless the code is buggy, I guess :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:12:01 PM by Bird »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal