Xtreme Gaming Network

How I work out the car allocation

Author Topic: How I work out the car allocation  (Read 43326 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: How I work out the car allocation
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2014, 05:15:34 PM »

Ah but that's just for fun, isn't it! ;)

And let's be honest, that cobra is a menace at higher speeds...
So you keep telling us :))

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
Always interesting to hear what people want to get out of the races. Closing up the field with handicaps brings different skills than just speed to the fore, like consistency, patience and battling cars more. Personally, I hate nothing more than just hotlapping in a race without seeing other cars. I much prefer sitting on someone's bumper looking for a pass.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2014, 08:49:23 PM »
Always interesting to hear what people want to get out of the races. Closing up the field with handicaps brings different skills than just speed to the fore, like consistency, patience and battling cars more. Personally, I hate nothing more than just hotlapping in a race without seeing other cars. I much prefer sitting on someone's bumper looking for a pass.

Nothing is stopping you from slowing down and joining me at the back..  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2014, 11:01:53 PM »

Nothing is stopping you from slowing down and joining me at the back..  ;D
I seem to remember racing an orange 240R last round...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2014, 11:40:21 PM »
I passed that Orange Dick wagon last race too, and I wasnt lapping it was for position  :o Position 20 to be exact but the orange wagon was cutting the grass at the time and no I didn't push it over there.

Also funny in that race my best was 1:17.121 while dick did a 1:17.843 with the race best Rob with a 1:16.852 so dick was within a second of the fastest lap in that race which I think is a good effort by his Dickness.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2014, 09:47:33 AM »
I passed that Orange Dick wagon last race too, and I wasnt lapping it was for position  :o Position 20 to be exact but the orange wagon was cutting the grass at the time and no I didn't push it over there.

Also funny in that race my best was 1:17.121 while dick did a 1:17.843 with the race best Rob with a 1:16.852 so dick was within a second of the fastest lap in that race which I think is a good effort by his Dickness.

It is fun racing against some big names. I find it funny how I'm nervous around some people lol. It's a peer thing.
I like to race you guys but I notice I hold yous up a bit. So I eventually 1/2 yield..

Like I was saying. I just needed 2 or 3 more races and I would have been right on pace

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2014, 10:06:40 AM »
I have noticed that they hold each other AND ME up sometimes so I now hold my line, give some racing room and try not to worry anymore.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2014, 10:39:55 AM »
Yeah, we all want a fair battle. I prefer if guys don't just yield because you're on their hammer. Make 'em fight for it. It's better practice all round.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2014, 10:59:17 AM »
Exactly as Wally said;  if someone is legally behind you (made a mistake, etc) then you hold the right to your position, there's no need to give it up.

Blue flag situations are the only exception.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:42:12 PM by Bird »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2014, 12:34:12 PM »
Exactly as Sally said;  if someone is legally behind you (made a mistake, etc) then you hold the right to your position, there's no need to give it up.

Blue flag situations are the only exception.

Sally is right, just cause a faster racer comes off. Doesn't give them an auto pass to barge through us slower guys or just pull out cause they see Dick Forrest.
It happens quite a lot.
I will race you faster guys for as long as I can. It is great practice for both parties. I know people say I should practice against AI but I think the AI are pathetic racers.

Blue flags. Is it a blue flag situation when faster cars are trying to pass for race position? or only when a car is being lapped?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2014, 12:42:57 PM »
Not Sally, Wally...sorry!  I should re-read my posts, but this was such a short one I thought there can be no biggies.

By "Blue flag" I meant lapped. 
And yes, AI are usually not very entertaining.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2014, 01:58:11 PM »
I think next season, I might try just having say 3 different GT cars, maybe half or a second apart in lap times, and use the car allocation formula. That way, the field will be closed up a bit, but there will still be sort of natural groupings, or classes if you like  e.g. the faster guys will all be in the slowest cars (but not so slow that they have no chance of winning, but will perhaps bring the front pack back a little closer to the middle pack). The benefit may well be better performance with less models, less learning new cars, although you could still change cars during the season. Thoughts?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
Car buying/renting...then the option to change cars is up to the racer.  (as long as he finishes fairly low)
Just sayin' ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2014, 02:48:29 PM »
Nobody yielded for me and I think I had to pass Gratulin a few times last race too, last thing you want is people yielding except for maybe the ones that took you out of the lead could yield in a redress thingy  ;)

I couldnt get by Bird when I got behind him but luckioy I could get by some of those a little further back.

Re season 4 in gt cars I think would work quite well. On my server I set them all up at times from the evora gtc, the gt3 cars and m3 gt2 along with p4/5 which is kind of in between gt2 and gt3. We should be getting the mercedes gt3 and 458 gt2 with the next update and possibly some more by the next season.

Would be a good mix of cars. Also I think lotus 2 eleven gt4 car which should be similar to the gtc giving a few cars to choose from and maybe 3 to 4 seconds per lap between gt2 and gtc/gt4 cars. With the gt3 pretty much in the middle of those and would make a fun mix of cars with enough room to close the field up a little.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2014, 03:11:42 PM »
Car buying/renting...then the option to change cars is up to the racer.  (as long as he finishes fairly low)
Just sayin' ;)

I'm not a big fan of having to think or strategise too much, TBH.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal