Xtreme Gaming Network

April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance

Author Topic: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance  (Read 109531 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2015, 09:06:22 AM »
Will add you Gratulin, field is getting close to full shame its only 24 grid spots here and 32 at the tourist version which you cant really race.

Practice server still has my regular damage at 100% which I will drop back to regular league 60%. Its definatly not a place you want to have any damage as I had a silly spin on lap one damaging front aero. This cost me about 15 seconds per lap so keeping the car clean nice will be way more important then squeezing every 10th from each corner. If a mistake costs that much time plus possible pit repairs people will need to drive at their comfortable pace. Also avoiding contact on t1 and 2 will be very important as it makes a long race especially if you need to do at least 3 laps before your stop to make the distance on fuel.

The fuel calculation seems to work as intended and I got exactly the same fuel burn as predicted in the mp4. Also with any aero damage fuel burn is much higher so you may want a little more fuel just incase.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2015, 09:11:36 AM »
Honestly I've made it around a few times without wrecking my car. I'm well off the pace though.

It's going to interesting to see how spread out the field gets. Might not even know the top 5 until marty has paperwork...
or will p tracker take care of that live?
(Haven't installed it yet)

Ptracker/stracker will do results live and all stats and timing info will be up on the results site. With ptracker it also shows how much time is spent in pitlane.

One thing with this track is there arent many passing locations on the nords layout so you may need to follow someone for 5 minutes before hopefully getting them on the long straight. This is where the GTR and other very fast cars get their advantage and the gt2 cars do get hurt badly but they are much quicker in the twisty sections.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2015, 09:36:57 AM »
Well I don't think I made it around once without crashing last night.

Seeing as the race will take forever is it worth starting it a bit early,  like half an hour?  Also thinking that you may need to look at the session end delay after the winner finishes as others are likely to be quite a few minutes behind - especially those with damage!

I dont think this is a GB track as he doesnt know how to back off and I dont think you will ever learn the second half of the lap if you dont make it there.  ;D

Its definatly not a track to over commit to corners, also you dont want a setup thats very unstable. That GTR took off like a rocket but I didnt think it was going to make the corners which it didnt.

Yep, it's just too tempting to give it hell, especially with TC off in the Nismo, hanging the back end out and all.  Having said that, I think when the race comes around I'll just tootle around behind everyone else and not crashing will be my goal.  It's easy to throw it around in a practice race when it doesn't really mean much.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »
GB "just tootling around". That I  gotta see ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2015, 01:24:17 PM »
That means he'll be 0.5 s off the WR pace, not 0.1s off :D  (/minute)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2015, 05:26:45 PM »

I think it will be WR or wall, he is very quick through the first sector. I have yet to see him drive the second sector and pretty sure he hasnt seen the small carousel yet.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2015, 06:29:39 PM »

I think it will be WR or wall, he is very quick through the first sector. I have yet to see him drive the second sector

I am yet to drive the second sector.  Tell me there isn't a third?!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2015, 07:12:23 PM »
I normally skip the second sector and go straight to the third.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2015, 07:13:45 PM »

the 1st sector is the carpark..... right?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2015, 07:15:09 PM »

the 1st sector is the carpark..... right?
Yup. That's also the third sector.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2015, 08:03:28 PM »
I hope Guybrush has realised the track goes beyond the 3 sectors of the gp track.  If not turn left just before the Superman jump there you will find the other 20km of track. ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2015, 07:31:05 AM »
Last nite Rob was having trouble joining the practice server crashing as he was joining. I wonder if by any chance you had some gt sound mods installed. There was an update yesterday and this supposedly broke sound mods. It may be worth trying a steam cache verification.

I wonder if anyone else has had issues as its a pretty large track with 24 cars loaded it could be running out of ram or vram causing the crash.

If its a ram issue and your running more then 4gb of system ram, a 64bit os would help. Ac is still only a 32 bit app limited to 4gb ram total but within a 64bit os it can have the full 4gb while os and background process can use some of the other ram if available leaving the full 4gb still to ac. If your system only has 4gb total then best to turn replay size to minimum and minimize any background applications and this shpuld help and may allow it to run.

On the nite also if not each car is selected thenthis would use less memory and may help some of the lower spec setups.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:36:17 AM by marty »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2015, 02:27:29 PM »
I'd like to enter a McLaren in the GT3 class please Marty.
If it fills up bump me, this is only in case my new PC shows up in time. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2015, 02:57:33 PM »
Looks like I'm out for next Tuesday Guys. My clunky old computer just does not like Nords Endurance.

Marty, thanks for the suggestion but I deleted all the mods and sounds after I installed the DLC, and I am running medium to low graphics settings.

Its strange as (off-line) I can run multiple laps in at least 3 different cars (that's all I tried before my patience ran out) at the Tourist and normal Nords no prob, but AC crashes at exactly the same place (within metres) whenever I try to run the Endurance version. I thought there might be something wrong with the Endurance track files so I immediately did Steam Integrity check, but everything was OK.

Have fun guys, should be a great night.

rob

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2015, 03:27:52 PM »
Yeah sign me up marty, im leaning towards the z4 I have never driven it anger and its one of my fav gt cars lol
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal