Xtreme Gaming Network

S35R6 - Sakhir

Author Topic: S35R6 - Sakhir  (Read 13686 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S35R6 - Sakhir
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 06:42:50 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 07:21:07 PM »
Power outage  :'(

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2020, 07:37:38 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2020, 10:23:40 PM »
Results are up. Well done to bueller on the dominant performance in both the Utes and the Supercars.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2020, 10:42:01 PM »
Well I did a bit better than usual in the Utes after once again qualifying 8th with a PB :)  Had a solid battle with Bradc where on the second last lap
I was able to get by and grab 6th spot.
Race two was going quite well climbing from 6th to 3rd by lap three and I had pretty good pace.  Mael was just in front but only a short time later a downshift saw the engine gone.
Was going to be locked in the pits for the next hour so I bailed.  Disappointing as a likely good result went begging.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 11:05:16 PM »
Had a really great race tonight going from 12th to 2nd. Lots of good clean racing. Think I went from 12th to 6th in the first 3 corners. Glad it wasnt me that popped and engine tonight but doing it in the pits is something special  ;D

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2020, 01:29:48 PM »
Well, a pretty average start for me...again...lost a position...again. Turn 3 (this shortcut turn) was a pita because this massive A-column in the ute is so big. So for me it was pretty much guessing my line there...worked sometimes...and sometimes not so well. Was it as bad using VR or in the Ford?
When doing my first couple of laps after downloading this track late in the afternoon yesterday I thought 'What the heck!', changed camera view for the first time to what seemed like roof view just in order to see where I'm actually going. Yeah, changed back because I thought that's like cheating...still better driving blindly...haha.
Bueller was in his own league...yeah, can't really say much more about that...must be car of course ;). No, Bueller, don't prove me wrong :)
This track is certainly challenging, but on the other hand I found it a bit boring actually...doesn't make much sense I guess. Gotta take them as they come of course...all good.
Just judging by the track map the next one looks like fun.
Cheers
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 01:43:04 PM by killagorilla »

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2020, 03:30:10 PM »
The track was a bit of a pita but I kinda liked it, some tough sections and two versions again was cool. Couldn't use any more than half brake pedal at 9/10 gp or it would lock up and flat spot all the way to the outer curb. With my single monitor I've always tried to adjust seat position of every car about the same (tin tops) A pillar just showing on the edge and a slither of dash across the bottom of the screen to maximise my view and keep some consistency with all cars. The Ute needed the most adjustment of all the cars I can remember, moving forward a fair way and left a bit. Was a good night, while I didn't really get to battle anyone, aside from fastest lap with Joe. I really put the pressure on myself to stay as consistent as possible and not blow my engine, I came close a few times in practice. Thanks guys good fun as always.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2020, 04:25:49 PM »
With my single monitor

If you're going that fast with a single monitor, don't get triples!

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2020, 04:38:56 PM »
that was an interesting night. I managed to always be close to someone and have someone close behind me, but never fast enough to actually try anything. Like Killa I found the A-pillar way too thick meaning finding the entry to the short cut was more guess work than skill. During the ute race I made a good start but moved slowly backwards as people recovered and then found the same fate in the supercar race. The first couple of corners in the supercar race were awesome, being in the middle 3-wide was extremely hard but respect was given by all involved and the 3 of us made it without a scratch. I managed to catch and pass able leading up to the pitstop however I think that was more about his rears than my skill. Sadly the corner 9-10 sequence gave me the shits all night as I struggled to get the car stopped and turned in any sort of 'quick' fashion. I ended up running 1 lap too long on my first tyre set and exited the pits as able flew past. From then it was just a matter of stalking able but never really getting close enough to try a pass. Yes there were a couple of 'chances' however had I taken them we both would have ended up in the sand.....Oh well, at least I didn't blown an engine  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2020, 04:53:29 PM »
I wasn't feeling too confident about the Supercars race, because in prac I was sliding and locking up all over the place. But I backed it off in the race, took some corners much slower, and in the latter stages was careful not to torture the engine too much, and was pleasantly rewarded with a 3rd. I had half a chance to pressure Joe in the 2nd stint, but he slowly pulled away.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2020, 04:17:35 PM »
Glad it wasnt me that popped and engine tonight but doing it in the pits is something special  ;D

Want a bit more of a laugh? The day before in ACC I was having my best GT4 race yet. Pitted early with the hope of under-cutting Wally and the pack he was racing.

Judged the entry speed perfectly (Pit lane speeding penalties in ACC), adjusted the fuel a bit and started looking for my pit box......nothing, nada, not box anywhere. Realized my pit box was one of the first ones and I've just cruised by it. Had to reverse for half the pit lane, predictably overshot it and messed about getting in position. So half a minute later the finally started my mandatory tire change.

Finished about 10 seconds behind Wally  :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2020, 05:13:34 PM »
Glad it wasnt me that popped and engine tonight but doing it in the pits is something special  ;D

Want a bit more of a laugh? The day before in ACC I was having my best GT4 race yet. Pitted early with the hope of under-cutting Wally and the pack he was racing.

Judged the entry speed perfectly (Pit lane speeding penalties in ACC), adjusted the fuel a bit and started looking for my pit box......nothing, nada, not box anywhere. Realized my pit box was one of the first ones and I've just cruised by it. Had to reverse for half the pit lane, predictably overshot it and messed about getting in position. So half a minute later the finally started my mandatory tire change.

Finished about 10 seconds behind Wally  :(
Good times...

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »
Haha. Karma for laughing at my misfortune 3 weeks in a row. I may have accidentally clicked buy on a new GPU yesterday so should be able to max ACC out  ::)

Also rtx 2070 super up for sale soon  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2020, 12:06:57 PM »
Haha. Karma for laughing at my misfortune 3 weeks in a row. I may have accidentally clicked buy on a new GPU yesterday so should be able to max ACC out  ::)

Also rtx 2070 super up for sale soon  ;D
Mondays are calling you...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal