Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run 7/3 - Nissan Silvia @ Mosport

Author Topic: Fun Run 7/3 - Nissan Silvia @ Mosport  (Read 2737 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Fun Run 7/3 - Nissan Silvia @ Mosport
« on: March 01, 2023, 09:29:39 AM »

Car: [DOWNLOAD]
Track: Mosport 2021 (Canadian Tire Motorsports Park)

Optimal tyre pressure: 30/22

Races will be 11 laps.

The car has adjustable turbo - dial in a setting that won't try to kill you!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 08:48:36 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Run 7/3 - Nissan Silvia @ Mosport
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 08:48:19 PM »
I can't drift to save my life - I got a bit more out of the car by "de-drifting" the default setup and returning it to more like a normal car (with only 40% turbo). But the tyres like to be hot. So it will be interesting to see who goes where, setup-wise. And who can actually drive this thing fast.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 06:42:21 PM »
Whoa, understeer, oversteer, cant stop . . . !!!    With the turbo turned up if feels like the track is to small for this car :) :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 07:01:19 PM »
Whoa, understeer, oversteer, cant stop . . . !!!    With the turbo turned up if feels like the track is to small for this car :) :)
I turned the turbo way down, but you can crank it on the back straight.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 06:44:17 PM »
Sorry gents but I won't make this one.
I also won't make next week as I am away.
Have a good night....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 09:59:35 PM »
This car felt a bit untameable at first... but the racing between Joe, Mael and myself actualy turned out to be pretty good. We stayed fairly close, had some side-by-side racing through corners, played "who can get on the turbo quickest" coming out of the corner onto the back straight. There's certainly scope for mistakes to shake up any outcomes. Sweaty work...

It definitely helps to have a way to toggle between 40% turbo for general driving and 100% for blasting down the long straights... unless you're Mr Super Throttle Control Mael who can drive this thing on permanent 100% turbo. I used JoyToKey to set up a toggle to send either 4 or 0 to the game to toggle the turbo.

Look how close our best lap times were.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 10:08:27 PM »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2023, 08:29:42 AM »
It does feel like handful, but the racing was close and good. Turbo added some extra fun. Another season contender for sure. I'd definitely set up a toggle like you did should we race it again as pressing the turbo up/down buttons 12 times down the straight every lap was a bit full on  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal