Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 3: Mugello Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 3: Mugello Race Chat  (Read 74062 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Round 3: Mugello Race Chat
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »

Nice video Marty. Can you trim it down a bit and post a link to it in the AC videos thread? Just a bit from the start (to show the size of the field) and then some of that good three-way racing around the 10 min mark. Put some blurb about the XGN Australian AC league - it's all good promo material.

Marty has done very well again!  I'm sure everyone want's to see more dick though!... right??

I'm slowly getting together highlights of the season for a clip. I hope to get together sometime in between now and the next 10 years.
I get sidetracked..

Maybe Marty can throw together a few highlights from other races to show off XGN's racing skillz.?
But please, no more recruiting fast guys!!! lol

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2014, 03:27:06 PM »

Here are my lowlights and highlights from race 1 in a video.
[youtube]TLQuyhG0hO0[/youtube]

Nice video Marty. Can you trim it down a bit and post a link to it in the AC videos thread? Just a bit from the start (to show the size of the field) and then some of that good three-way racing around the 10 min mark. Put some blurb about the XGN Australian AC league - it's all good promo material.

I actualy started a thread for xgn league videos in the official forum this morning, I will do up a highlights video showing some bits of past racing in a short 2 minute or so video to music maybe tonight. I think I have replays from season 1 too but the replays were much jumpier and also they only recorded the ends of the races.

The thing that takes most time is finding the best bits from the races and why I made that one with just my race as too much was going on elsewhere.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »
I am uploading a video from my highlights from race 2, like Marty if I was to search and grab every ones highlights, I reckon that would be a day in the chair in it self, then editing etc it would be massive  :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2014, 03:46:29 PM »
Good work. You can use the position chart in the race results, looking for where the lines cross over. Then you can see that someone's made a pass on lap X.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2014, 03:50:04 PM »
Is that $160 a month?
No, read it again.  It's clear IMO:  $200 (sorry, not $160 anymore) for  12GB data with a year expiry.  It also rolls over if you refill it before the expiry.

That's pretty over the top. I think telstra deliberately screw up other providers by keeping them away from using their equipment. I think it's only iinet who have started laying their own data cables?
This has little to do with cables on the user end, it's 4G (wirless)  - altho I suspect it feeds into the Telstra fiber at some point for speed.  But I've no knowledge of the underlying architecture.

I'm assuming 4G uses towers and satellites? satellites have some 20 second latency?
it's communicating via towers as far as I know.   As I said, the latency of said technology is around 60ms as measured at my place (or if you go optus it's closer to 120ms), 20 would be great, it'd be better than my ADSL, which is around 30-40ms.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:52:06 PM by Bird »

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2014, 04:04:34 PM »
Race report,

I applied my one hour of practice last week and a solid hour before Qualifying started, I can do this because the track is fresh in my mind from last season. I took my setup from last week and ran 14 and 8 wings iirc.

Qualified mid pack for race one, got a decent start and drove around circulating, Had the run in with Marty, got back on and drove around eventually catching Gratulin with what appeared on some well used rubber, I waited for a mistake but it never came from him. Came home in 7th (3rd 7th in this series, I asked God to give me sign 3 weeks ago ;))

Race two was an epic first 5 laps for me, I put a little video together as the racing was heaps fun and as I would expect in the real life series with drafting etc. A bit of cat and mouse happening between myself and Rolz, swapping positions a few times, at one stage I nearly combined my front nose with Gratulins gearbox, he scared the crap out of me braking harder than expected but I managed to avoid it and only lose one position. Came home in 5th.

Cant wait for pit stops to come in.

Top racing from my view point, clean starts by the field and I wish I had some extra time for this series but enjoying it just as much none the less. I also think all the new guys to XGN are fitting in beautifully, everyone seems to be gaining valuable race craft as the weeks progress.

Well done to the winners and Guybrush needs to put on some weight I think  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2014, 04:26:38 PM »
Look forward to your video Glen. I just thought of an easier way that we could put together a weekly highlights video. If everyone were to save their replay file and if they had something they though was worthy of making the reel. Simply trim the replay file to the good bit or bits in seperate files and upload it somewhere. Then it woupd be easy for someone to get the best bits and also cars still look best if using your own replay file rather then other cars which do sometimes move in strange ways.

If there was to be a selection of clips within a few days of the last race I could quite easily make a short highlight reel for each race and round to upload. A bit more exposure and we could guarantee full grids each round and maybe even have 2 divisions if numbers warrant it.

A way you could run multiple divisions would be to get all people available for the round to post a laptime on RSR and then the grids could be split top and bottom for each round. This would help bring the racing even closer maybe giving half points for the guys in the second division and so points could be combined for all.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2014, 04:34:43 PM »

....at one stage I nearly combined my front nose with Gratulins gearbox, he scared the crap out of me braking harder than expected but I managed to avoid it....
Ha ha! I blame you for tailgating me and making me nervous :)

Seriously, I had that corner (turn 4?) totally wrong the whole week and never realised it until you almost tapped me so sorry for the incorrect early/heavy brake. Seems everyone else was simply lifting there? I seemed to pull away in turns 2 and 3 so never had anyone on my tail through turn 4 until you showed up. I heard Rob, I think, calmly explain his cornering technique halfway through the race after he almost got tail ended :)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2014, 04:40:12 PM »

....at one stage I nearly combined my front nose with Gratulins gearbox, he scared the crap out of me braking harder than expected but I managed to avoid it....
Ha ha! I blame you for tailgating me and making me nervous :)

Seriously, I had that corner (turn 4?) totally wrong the whole week and never realised it until you almost tapped me so sorry for the incorrect early/heavy brake. Seems everyone else was simply lifting there? I seemed to pull away in turns 2 and 3 so never had anyone on my tail through turn 4 until you showed up. I heard Rob, I think, calmly explain his cornering technique halfway through the race after he almost got tail ended :)

Yes turn 4! it's in my video  ;D

I lightly braked there and dropped to 4th gear iirc, the faster guys were probably living life on the edge just lifting with no brakes  ::)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:44:11 PM by Glen73 »

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2014, 05:23:15 PM »
[youtube]nyXEMdigCmQ[/youtube]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2014, 05:46:33 PM »
Nice video Glen, looks like you had a good battle all race there. You may want to add the video to this thread I started in the official forums too http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/xgn-com-au-league-race-videos.13408/

One thing with these cars for me is driving them is not necessarily the most thrilling thing but racing them in a good large field is a blast.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2014, 05:56:18 PM »
Nice video Glen, looks like you had a good battle all race there. You may want to add the video to this thread I started in the official forums too http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/xgn-com-au-league-race-videos.13408/

One thing with these cars for me is driving them is not necessarily the most thrilling thing but racing them in a good large field is a blast.

Added   ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2014, 06:26:36 PM »
Great stuff! You've got a lot of steering input going on there. Is that how you drive, reflected in the replay?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »
Great stuff! You've got a lot of steering input going on there. Is that how you drive, reflected in the replay?

Yer not sure, just the way I drive I guess. I don't seem to use as much tire as most so maybe I create less friction. I know it looks manic at times but I am actually quite relaxed  :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2014, 08:40:46 PM »

Yer not sure, just the way I drive I guess. I don't seem to use as much tire as most so maybe I create less friction. I know it looks manic at times but I am actually quite relaxed  :o

Looks like you prefer a setup thats a bit understeery, will save the rears and quite likely your fronts go off before rears unlike me in this car running softs its always the rears that go first.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal