Xtreme Gaming Network

Racer Introductions

Author Topic: Racer Introductions  (Read 328881 times)

Offline slideways

• View Profile
Re: Racer Introductions
« Reply #195 on: February 29, 2016, 10:26:43 AM »
G'day to all at XGN. 60yr old from Adelaide. Simracing for about 15yrs or so. rF/rF2/NR2003/GSC/RBR/AC/PCars. Haven't done a lot in AC (100+hours) and haven't ventured online with it yet. Kinda got put off with the high pings and not much local action. As I don't own the Dreampacks that also limits me. Still trying hard to really like this sim so decided to put rF2 away for a while and commit to some serious race time. I prefer to race road cars on the shorter tracks but will have a go at anything that isn't an openwheeler.
My nicks these days are:
AC: slideways
PCraps: ttb57
rF2: thetokebloke
Wouldn't mind joining in for some laps sometime. Not the fastest around but always try to keep things clean and fair.

EDIT: Forgot to mention hobbies:
Simracing, making home brew, drinking homebrew
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:42:06 AM by slideways »

Rolz

« Reply #196 on: February 29, 2016, 10:39:50 AM »
welcome slideways :)

Hope to catch u online - there are a few servers where you can catch most of the guys here online XGN practice server or Marty's servers.
(or shameless plug my FTW ones :P)

There is a Tuesday and Thursday racing league that u can get into :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 29, 2016, 11:24:06 AM »
Yes, welcome slideways. We often do use DLC content, but not exclusively. I'm sure you'll be able to find a race. Thursday nights often use mod cars and tracks; Tuesdays less so.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 29, 2016, 01:06:02 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye open for the server.  ;D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #199 on: February 29, 2016, 04:19:57 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye open for the server.  ;D

Howdy slideways, I like your demographic/s! 
Thursday is always the place to be, :)   We have a great group of racers, growing as time goes on.  Flexible enough to restart a race if a problem occurs, delay a while while someone needs to reboot, but fun and enjoyable 'serious gentlemanly racing".
We have just moved to longer races for the first season for a year, for some change, and along you come... but give it a go, we would like to see you there. (we finish early :) )

everything you need is the first posting in this thread.

Filter on line for "XGN Marty" you find all of us :)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 04:27:26 PM by Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 29, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »
Ok, so I'm gonna need Dreampack1 for this. No biggee. Whilst I prefer short tracks I do like Longford and Bathurst (I'd race Bathurst in a shopping trolley) and pretty much any street circuit. Not a big fan of the modern GP style circuits but definitely don't mind loooong races. 3hrs+ are a blast.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2016, 01:45:44 PM »
Hi XGN,

I've been sim racing with the ARSE guys for a couple years now and I feel like I still have free time for more racing. So I thought I would sign up here and see if I can get into some racing over here as well.

I'm not in front of my home pc atm, but I can get my GUID provided soon. I'm assuming current series are being run as I write this, I might start with your fun nights (Thursday?) and sign up for the next series when it comes up.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2016, 01:59:45 PM »
Hi XGN,

I've been sim racing with the ARSE guys for a couple years now and I feel like I still have free time for more racing. So I thought I would sign up here and see if I can get into some racing over here as well.

I'm not in front of my home pc atm, but I can get my GUID provided soon. I'm assuming current series are being run as I write this, I might start with your fun nights (Thursday?) and sign up for the next series when it comes up.

Your in luck Hylas!  New Tuesday night season is about to start this Tuesday which I believe there are over 22 sign ups for.  See the Tuesday night forum subsection.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 01, 2016, 02:17:05 PM »
Heya Hylas!!
Is this on the back of your bitchin form on Wednesday night!!
Welcome dooode  :D

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2016, 03:08:10 PM »
It's been on my mind for a while now, but it may of been a helping hand in thinking I need more close racing. I might be addicted :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 01, 2016, 04:59:24 PM »
It's been on my mind for a while now, but it may of been a helping hand in thinking I need more close racing. I might be addicted :)

Is there anyone that's not addicted?  If there is, shame on you!

Offline DanielG

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2016, 11:39:06 PM »
Hi all,

I've been peer pressured into joining here by a few of you (Marty & GB I'm looking at you).

Some of you will have seen me randomly poking in and out of the servers from time to time, decided it's probably overdue for me to join and say hello.

Little about me... 25 years young, no kids (yet, thankfully) and have been into sim racing for probably over 10 years - just never done it very consistently. I seem to go through phases where I'll play it a lot and then not touch it for a month. I studied civil engineering, however work in the telecommunications sector as a Project Engineer doing mostly project management, but a decent amount of hands on site work (mostly within data centres) as well which sees me travelling to Sydney and Brisbane from Melbourne quite often.

I also dabble in some sprints/track days in real life in my  '03 RenaultSport Clio (Silver - http://danielgphoto.com/clio/140914/) which was my daily and now my track car, with an E46 M3 as a daily (http://danielgphoto.com/m3/190715/). As it may be apparent, I also do a bit of photography!

Quick video from my first time to Phillip Island a couple of months ago -
Have since gone quicker doing a 1:57.8551, but probably won't be able to get back out there until June now.

Anyway that's probably enough - I'll get into entering the Tuesday league now and hopefully start to see you all a bit more often :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2016, 11:57:13 PM »
Hi DanielG, happy to see you here. Welcome. Have a look at this season's calendar: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1385.0 .

Rolz

« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2016, 06:03:29 AM »
welcome :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2016, 08:09:09 AM »
Hey Daniel, welcome. I raced with you last night. Great pace! I'll PM you some details.

Ps, that's a great video. Clear, steady vision and good sound, and the overlay is cool too.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:14:43 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal