Xtreme Gaming Network

Ringmaster 3 - Formula Abarth

Author Topic: Ringmaster 3 - Formula Abarth  (Read 48518 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ringmaster 3 - Formula Abarth
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2015, 09:54:14 AM »
Can`t believe my lack of commitment on this track,i have probably completed 3..maybe 4 laps in the last 2 weeks???  I usually crash after 2 minutes ...all the time  hahaahaaaaa

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2015, 10:16:21 AM »
Can`t believe my lack of commitment on this track,i have probably completed 3..maybe 4 laps in the last 2 weeks???  I usually crash after 2 minutes ...all the time  hahaahaaaaa
It's hard... I'm putting in some practice this morning and I haven't completed one lap yet without putting it into a wall. A real problem I have is direction changes on chicanes, especially uphill ones, where the rear always wants to get light and loose and spin me around. I can't seem to get rid of that with setup changes, like damper changes etc. I think I'm going to have to back off the speed a fair amount just to complete the race in one piece.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2015, 10:16:28 AM »
Don't worry, I still haven't done a flying lap.  :-\  I've probably done a dozen outlaps though!

Rolz

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2015, 10:19:51 AM »
I'll be very surprised if many will finish the race without a little bit of paint missing! :P

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2015, 11:50:33 AM »
I went into therapy last week and I am now driving Nords again without ending the session  psychologically damaged...

I have even completed a couple of clean laps...

Given my typical gap to the leaders on a 1:30 lap is about 1-2 seconds I reckon I should be about 15 seconds behind the leaders. So my target should be a 7:20 but backing off to survive I reckon a 7:30 would be pretty good.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »
I went into therapy last week and I am now driving Nords again without ending the session  psychologically damaged...
I kill a goat for you Gratulin... is all I can do...   :-X :-\ :-X

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2015, 02:50:28 PM »
I'll be very surprised if many will finish the race without a little bit of paint missing! :P
Paint....  I think you will find these far more susceptible to steering damage if you glance a fence.

Rolz

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2015, 05:44:48 PM »
So my target should be a 7:20 but backing off to survive I reckon a 7:30 would be pretty good.

Far out... I'm in a zen state to get 7:27  :o
I've gotten 7:28 about 4 times now... but that's on the edge for me...
Would say to take it safe I'd back off down to a 7:40... but then if you take it safe you make mistakes as well... bah!  :-\
Plus lack of real traffic experience has me concerned... every time there are ppl around I seem to choke... on this track especially...

Another thought for all to ponder... isn't DLC3 due out on the 15th?
I know we are ahead of the release, but isn't our evening when it gets released in Europe?
Or more morning of the 16th?

Could it impact our race night?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2015, 06:02:46 PM »
If the timing is funky, I might have to update the server at the last minute, but we'll be alright.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2015, 10:54:03 PM »
RSR RANK

The time to beat is now 6:58.  ;D

This car is pretty planted... but very prone to damage.

I did run a few laps on the server but once I got a bit tired and lost a little concentration I started to drive like a total muppet. Will be interesting on the nite as the draft can help you hang on to others. But driving close to the limit a slight error will be a nice smack into a wall so if all pushing quite hard it will be a survival of the toughest.

I ran a couple laps in optimum pro mode for RSR and its quite a bit different with more grip and higher temps and there is probably another 4 seconds in that if pushing and nailing all the tricky sections. Not likely for me to manage that however. The practice server setup is quite prone to graining as keeping temp in the tryes is not easy and so by lap 3 it is quite a different beast to lap 1 on all the tyres.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2015, 08:35:42 AM »
Well played Marty!!  :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2015, 12:37:15 PM »
I missed that before. Well done Marty!

Rolz

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2015, 12:53:29 PM »
wow - that's awesome Marty

I'm too rough on my tires to last on mediums over 3 laps... down to 95% and sliding around...
Hard's work well for me, but I sacrifice the extra grip... an probably a few seconds overall...

;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2015, 01:16:21 PM »
Just to depress everyone...I think Marty was on Hards - at least the set he shared had Hards.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2015, 01:59:34 PM »
I think in general for this car, hards are the always the best compromise between wear and grip.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal