Xtreme Gaming Network

AI_DEFAULT.INI

Author Topic: AI_DEFAULT.INI  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
AI_DEFAULT.INI
« on: June 02, 2021, 01:43:44 PM »
For those who didn't already know, when using AC offline saving your best setup as ai_default would result in the AI using that setup for any future races on that track.

What I have discovered is that the Final Ratio is not loaded from that setup, however in Vanilla AC the AI are able to change this whilst running in a practice session.  :o

With CSP that seems to be broken and the AI is stuck with the default ratio which is often far from ideal, especially with only one gear such as in my Kart.  >:(

Further to my woes the AI can only change the final ratio if it hits the rev limiter and activates it.

I tend to have a lot of overrun available with simulated points/valve bounce to stop the engine grenading.

Most of my cars come from a time before rev limiters were anything more than the above.

In the Kart, where I discovered this, the limiter was at 14000 but at 666 Hz so in fact it was never activated long enough to cut the engine at all.

14000 was there so you could judge from calculated top speed what gear to use for a particular track. The over run was for a track with a slightly longer straight but enough twisty bits that gearing for the straight left you bogged down on the rest of the track, also allowed a bit of slipstreaming, as though the power dropped pretty sharply from 14000 the tow would allow you to pull the extra revs.
Damage was set to 14600, as free revving, you could get there but the motor was making naff all power.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
Re: AI_DEFAULT.INI
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 03:41:54 PM »
Filed under "interesting, pity it is wasted on me".

Love your work  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal