Xtreme Gaming Network

S42R1 - Top Race V6 at Autódromo Provincia de La Pampa

Author Topic: S42R1 - Top Race V6 at Autódromo Provincia de La Pampa  (Read 6150 times)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
Re: S42R1 - Top Race V6 at Autódromo Provincia de La Pampa
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2022, 12:09:05 PM »
I reckon I'd do less damage with the loctite, my soldering skills suck.
Improve your skills and fix it. :) Have you got a pic, maybe someone could come up with a lateral thinking solution that might prevent your extreme fix?

How can it not be fixed with gaff or a zip tie? That's unpossible.
I hope you get it fixed.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2022, 12:31:55 PM »
If you need to keep your finger on it, I'd hot glue a paddle pop stick over it with something behind it to apply the pressure to the button, rather than fill the button. It's easier to remove and you should be able to fix it eventually when you find a button replacement.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2022, 02:56:17 PM »
I filled the gap between the button and the housing with 406 (industrial super glue) and backed that up with gaffa tape.
If that fails, I'll use Wally's suggestion and just completely remove the switch and hard-wire it permanently on.
Hopefully all this is temporary, I'm working on a budget for a replacement, CSL DD, but that may take some time to accrue.

2+2=√16

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2022, 04:06:31 PM »
I filled the gap between the button and the housing with 406 (industrial super glue) and backed that up with gaffa tape.
If that fails, I'll use Wally's suggestion and just completely remove the switch and hard-wire it permanently on.
Hopefully all this is temporary, I'm working on a budget for a replacement, CSL DD, but that may take some time to accrue.
The Gaff will not fail. Hope it stays solid for you, because these cars aren't bad to drive... I still cannot drive them. :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2022, 06:37:27 PM »

We need picture of a Rube Goldberg machine type contraption to fix the problem. Maybe a automaton powered by the sound of a engine starting?   :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal