Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat  (Read 84237 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »
The final lap is the quickest - a 2.00.1

wow just wow...  :o

Im not fighting for pole position thats for sure, may get me far enough from my team mate so I dont take him out. No idea what other qualy and race pace is going to be but it should be quite interesting. I tried a race with AI and at the back of the grid the draft is quite large and also the Guybrush car is very easy to pass with AI driving it. The real one I normally need to nudge a bit to get by but the AI just gives an invitation then moves aside nicely.

We have moved from Home Hardware to Marlboro major sponsors for this season so bigger budgets and pressure to perform or I will get dropped.  :D

Offline Enforcer-J

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2014, 12:10:35 PM »
Unexpected packets received!!!!!!!

300 attempts later...!!!! Still cant connect.

Anyone know of a fix for this connection issue? I can join a 300+ ping server with 20 cars but I cant get back into the xgn server :/

I take it that your Jason Madden we saw those 300 connection attempts while on the server lol. By any chance did you not put the password in or get it wrong?

I actualy saw your car parked on pit straight once and even saw a lap posted but not sure if you actually ever got in. We were going to give you a persistance award for number of attempts.

Also if your having issues with the launcher best to make the launcher in window mode by pressing f11. This fixed all my launcher issues and has no effect on the game itself which will still be rendered in full screen. If running very high res or triple screens the launcher has been quite buggy and I run both of those so window mode is my best option.

Lol yeah that was me!

I did get in and complete a few laps before logging out to change controller settings but then couldnt get back in so no, not a password issue.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a go :)

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2014, 03:55:29 PM »
Wally,

Well its confirmed I'm off to Melbourne for a 2 day course tommorrow which means i'm out for race 1. :(
Not overly happy about missing race 1 but thats life.

See you at Race 2.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2014, 04:09:25 PM »
Wally,

Well its confirmed I'm off to Melbourne for a 2 day course tommorrow which means i'm out for race 1. :(

See you at Race 2.

I'd be upset about having to go to Melbourne too..

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2014, 04:09:32 PM »
Wally,

See you at Race 2.

OK, no worries. Enjoy your course.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2014, 04:35:10 PM »
Wally,

See you at Race 2.

I'd be upset about having to go to Melbourne too..

Too true but the only good thing about Melbourne is its a long way from Perth, I do like Perth but would be scared to go back knowing the sort of characters they allow to roam the streets freely these days.  :o

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
Too true but the only good thing about Melbourne is its a long way from Perth, I do like Perth but would be scared to go back knowing the sort of characters they allow to roam the streets freely these days.  :o

Come on now... Guybrush hasn't been over here in ages,

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2014, 05:03:03 PM »

;D
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2014, 05:48:33 PM »

They could never prove anything...

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2014, 06:05:30 PM »
Lol. ... So Wally does my replacement for race 1 rack up points for team Cain toad? ... Hey gotta ask

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2014, 06:50:03 PM »
Lol. ... So Wally does my replacement for race 1 rack up points for team Cain toad? ... Hey gotta ask
Yep, that's how it works.

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2014, 07:07:18 PM »
Are we sure Darren it out this season?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2014, 09:43:20 PM »
I haven't heard otherwise.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2014, 10:42:29 PM »

;D

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »
Just can't get any consistency going on this combo... I've built my race set on hards so going to softs is nqr for qual. PB is a 2.04 so still plenty of time to find. Tyres especially the fronts  cool after about 5 laps or so so need to push harder and harder which causes the errors to appear and then lap times go out the door. Need to find that consistency and go at 95% for the races.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal