Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run Dec 4th ('The Gratulin Cup') Format and Sign up...

Author Topic: Fun Run Dec 4th ('The Gratulin Cup') Format and Sign up...  (Read 51117 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Fun Run Dec 4th ('The Gratulin Cup') Format and Sign up...
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2014, 08:55:58 PM »
Ran some laps in the Alfa, easily as bad as it gets in terms of physics. Not sure how many have driven it with a shifter but its pretty much impossible to downshift without locking the wheels, not sure if its the same driving it with paddles. Using the clutch on downshifts just means it wont go into gear at all but doesnt help with the locking wheels and no idea what sort of rpm you need to be in to avoid the wheels locking a I tried everything. The only thing that works is to downshift when going slow enough that you should be one gear lower, I didnt even dare trying to get into 2nd gear anywhere as getting into 3rd is hard enough. When I would want to go to second is the only time I can get into 3rd from 4th.

Anyway after tomorrow night I cant imagine me ever wanting to drive it again, this shows how poor the rip mods can be. For a fun night its good to drive some poor content for a test but a season in something like this no way for me.  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Fun Run Dec 4th ('The Gratulin Cup') Format and Sign up...
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2014, 10:05:11 PM »
That's the idea of the fun run - to see what the new mod cars are like. Pity the Alfa turns out to be an unauthorised rip.

I noticed the same thing with downshifts as well. I played with the diff and coast to tame it a bit. However, I'm not sure whether or not this was a "feature" of 60s sports cars? Some were pretty bad!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:06:48 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »
I was just using the sequential shifter for the Alfa, and I had no problems shifting at all. No assists. That should be equivalent to using paddles. Maybe that's the go for this car.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2014, 06:13:22 AM »
For me the handling of both the Alpha and the Lambo are way off and I get the gear locking in bothaas welluunless as Marty says you wait to slow down to that gear and then change down to it.  For me it doesn't seem to matter how high I rev match the wheels still lock a bit -  mainly going into 2nd.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2014, 08:36:46 AM »
I did get lockups with paddles and a healthy blip.  Hence my post earlier that I can't slow the car down properly.  I just couldn't articulate the problem well enough :)  You need to shift very-very late.   While it does not seem to make sense, I haven't driven the original car...

Offline RPM

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2014, 08:39:26 AM »
I found the Alpha almost impossible to downshift also.
I normally use paddle shifters for everything but the Alpha, Lambo and Cobra forces me to use a H shifter?
The Lambo was driveable but tip toeing around Barbagallo struggling with downshifts was a handfull.
How do the car allocations work, cause i not bags a Alpha!!

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2014, 10:48:48 AM »
I found the Alpha almost impossible to downshift also.
I normally use paddle shifters for everything but the Alpha, Lambo and Cobra forces me to use a H shifter?
The Lambo was driveable but tip toeing around Barbagallo struggling with downshifts was a handfull.
How do the car allocations work, cause i not bags a Alpha!!

hehehe *evil laugh* 
Okay we have found the the 2 newer cars a little 'interesting' to drive... but we will have a go at running them, it is a change and FUN.

Fantasy time ON:

I like to think that I'm offered a drive of someone's car and I have to get it back in good shape and drive it the way it came out of the shed.
Fantasy time OFF.

No all cars are nice... I remember the new owner of Peter Brock's winning Holden powered A30 said it would not drive it again as it was a uncontrollable death trap!

We will be running a min of 3 * 10 lap sprints, everyone must drive each car at least once. :)
Who knows maybe the Lambo will out do the nice handling Cobra???
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:50:26 AM by Flattop Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2014, 01:37:40 PM »
 Hi Bruce,
Can we nominate our car choice before tonight? if so I would like,
First Race Lambo, second Alpha and third Cobra.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »
I did get lockups with paddles and a healthy blip.  Hence my post earlier that I can't slow the car down properly.  I just couldn't articulate the problem well enough :)  You need to shift very-very late.   While it does not seem to make sense, I haven't driven the original car...

The funny thing is you need to shift very late but in a straight line, if you shift while turning the car straightens like its locking front wheels or something but that doesnt make sense. It is quite predictable in the way it will do it every time but its the exact opposite thing that youd want while turning in. Locking rears and getting loose is bad enough but straightening mid corner forcing you to use more lock along with brakes that lock when you just think about using them adds to the "fun" quite a bit.  :D

Still its just a fun night and we can have "fun" driving cars that are crappy just trying to figure out how to deal with them. The lambo seems a little odd but its not terrible and can be driven, just the alfa maybe ok to drive to the shops just not so good around a track.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2014, 04:34:41 PM »
Hi Bruce,
Can we nominate our car choice before tonight? if so I would like,
First Race Lambo, second Alpha and third Cobra.

sounds okay to me roo... done.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »
Thanks Bruce,  Had a lot of fun :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2014, 10:14:04 PM »
it was indeed a good fun night :) thanks!

Offline Aiman Haziq

• Karts are the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2014, 10:23:35 PM »
Great fun with these cars :D.. though I dont like the Alfa , seems too much of some rushed conversion and slicks are way too grippy for it imo and drives weird for me. Miura is actually good for me , Well you have to drive slow in that because it uses old street tyres while cobra and alfa use more modern street and slick tyre. Barbagallo is amazing , look foward to race this track again one day :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal