Car for season 41?

Norma
2 (20%)
GT4
5 (50%)
TA2
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Season 41 car poll  (Read 7125 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 41 car poll
« on: January 27, 2022, 07:44:39 AM »
You can vote for more than one car.

The Norma and TA2 options would probably be 3 sprints, maybe with some kind of grid reversing.

The GT4 option would have some of the slower cars we tried removed and BOP applied to the rest. It would probably be 1 sprint + a longer race with a pit stop.

Norma

GT4

TA2
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 10:00:19 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: Season 41 car poll
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 10:37:24 AM »
You might have the next three series' right there.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 10:43:15 AM »
Yep, they're all good in my book.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 10:57:49 AM »
I've been looking at potential BOP for the GT4's, and times are all over the place, i.e. there's a wide spread in each car, with lots of overlap. There is no car that was always faster than, or slower than, another type of car. So I'll probably resort to a success ballast system just in case one car is too overpowered.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 04:35:16 PM »

It's a no for the TA2 from me.  :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 05:02:36 PM »

It's a no for the TA2 from me.  :(

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 08:00:09 PM »
I've been looking at potential BOP for the GT4's, and times are all over the place, i.e. there's a wide spread in each car, with lots of overlap. There is no car that was always faster than, or slower than, another type of car. So I'll probably resort to a success ballast system just in case one car is too overpowered.

Hey Wally you're not considering the Car Rental system for the GT4's? Could make for some interesting racing and Season strategies.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2022, 10:19:46 AM »

Hey Wally you're not considering the Car Rental system for the GT4's? Could make for some interesting racing and Season strategies.
Not really. It's quite difficult to rank the cars, as different drivers are getting quite different lap times out of them.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2022, 04:02:33 PM »

Not really. It's quite difficult to rank the cars, as different drivers are getting quite different lap times out of them.
According to the AI, the rankings are:

Supra
Ginetta
McLaren
Alpine

:o

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2022, 08:07:10 PM »
I used the same AI driver (in a custom championship), and he did exactly the same lap time in the Supra and the BMW. So either that means the cars are all very close in potential, or you can't put much faith in the AI to compare cars.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 09:53:59 PM »
Bump: Get your votes in. The season will start probably in a couple of weeks' time.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2022, 08:34:08 AM »
Any thoughts on this idea.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2022, 08:43:49 AM »
How do you see that working points wise? It would have to be the same total points on offer Tue and Thu. You just use stracker scoring, don't you? I can do the same points system on Tue.
And I would include the Bend :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 08:56:43 AM »
Missed all the fun runs so not sure I'll vote, but we did a GT season 2 seasons ago so would be good to do something different

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 09:37:28 AM »
How do you see that working points wise? It would have to be the same total points on offer Tue and Thu. You just use stracker scoring, don't you? I can do the same points system on Tue.
And I would include the Bend :)
I had some more thoughts about this. It might not feel fair to compete against other drivers from another night, especially if there's less drivers on one night, which makes it easier to get more points. or fairness and simplicity, I'd probably prefer to leave the comps separate. But I'll take opinions from what everyone else thinks too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal