Xtreme Gaming Network

Bucket list: future season ideas

Author Topic: Bucket list: future season ideas  (Read 82247 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Bucket list: future season ideas
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2016, 11:24:36 PM »
Patrick Mareks'  BTCC Nissan Primera  (latest version) might be worth a look   ;)

We did a season in the early days (or was it a mini-season thing?), but I must admit I wouldn't mind giving it another go :)

+1 also for the 1M, manual and little rockets... was looking at buying the 135i, but then the wife got pregnant, so I stuck with the mini-van :P
I think it was just 1 fun run, at the 3 Silverstone layouts.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2016, 10:58:47 AM »
”So stuff qualifying. Line them up in reverse championship order. The fastest have to come through the field.”

Could be an interesting idea. Have qualifying for round 1 only. Then skip qually in future rounds and have starting order for race 1 in reverse championship order, then race 2 in reverse order of race 1 result. This would work best for slower, less error prone, cars.

Or, depending on how it pans out accident-wise, only reverse the top half.

One thing we can do is accident wise give grid penalties along with points penalties. So the lap 1 collisions may get a points penalty and also have to start at the back of the grid next race.

Same with anyone causing a collision during the race and not redressing make them start last next race no matter current season order. You dont really want those causing collisions being given an advantage and starting up front.

This will also keep the cleaner and fairer guys further up the grid. If the others that may be down on the season order want to get to start near the front of the pack then they will need to drive cleaner too.

Results show all collisions and if anyone had a contact they want a ruling on they can mention what lap number and I can post a basic video up and there can be some discussion on the incident. With Wally deciding if the person warrants a grid penalty or not.

This could be done fairly easily with a seperate race incidents thread. I dont expect too many incidents to come up as its still only 2 to 5 at most most races that could be flagged. Also seeing more incidents being discussed no matter who the driver is may make all more aware of how best to avoid them in future races.

Rolz

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2016, 11:25:53 AM »
would actively need race stewards then... I'm willing to put my hand up to assist - when I'm not involved in anything of course :)
(if you are able to put up those awesome incident replaces Marty)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2016, 12:03:06 PM »
I am in with Rolz. I don't care about anybody being penalized, but I actually really enjoy the discussions and the replays.

And I agree there is always something to learn. For example, looking at yesterday's replay, I can see I was focusing too much on keeping ample distance from Phil ahead (both longitudinally and transverse). This made me go fairly slow on those two corners and might have put the guys behind in a bit of a tricky position.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2016, 01:38:34 PM »
would actively need race stewards then... I'm willing to put my hand up to assist - when I'm not involved in anything of course :)
(if you are able to put up those awesome incident replaces Marty)

I think we dont really need live race stewards as its still very hard to see everything as it happens. All incidents can fairly easily be observed post race. A dedicated discussion thread on these will help everyone. The end decision should still just come down to Wally though the discussion in general should help form a consensus. There will be many clear cut incidents but then also many you really cant give blame to either driver. There will always be mistakes and you wont ever stop this and anyone can make a mistake.

The key is if someone is making more then their fair share of errors effecting too many others negatively its best to let them see this and they may change their behavior and show a little more care in traffic. Otherwise they will keep starting at the back of the grid which may be incentive enough to lift their game a little.

Going by history of decisions everyone will also see clearer what is accepted behavior and what isnt so then all will be closer to the same page in terms of racing.

Still we should never discourage actual racing but simply try and reduce the number of silly and careless driving incidents.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:31:34 PM by marty »

Offline trackmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 12, 2016, 10:51:41 AM »
How about a season or race with the new Jap Pack being released.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2016, 12:46:17 PM »
How about a season or race with the new Jap Pack being released.

I'd be keen, unless they feel too similar to the current Toyota.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2016, 01:26:18 PM »
Do we have a date on its release?

Rolz

« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2016, 01:30:54 PM »
May think... going off the billboards in Blackcat track

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2016, 03:01:49 PM »

We are glad to confirm that the Mazda brand has joined Assetto Corsa and will be represented by some of its most iconic models: the first-generation Miata and the brutal and awesome 787B will be added to Assetto Corsa as free updates later this year. The 2015 MX-5, MX-5 2015 Cup and the RX-7 will be part of the upcoming Assetto Corsa Japanese Pack, available on Steam by May 18th. The most-wanted pack, including a number of vehicles requested by the community, will feature the new Mazda MX-5 road/cup car, the RX-7, the 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo, the Nissan GT-R 34, the Toyota Supra in three versions, and the Toyota AE-86 in two versions. The production team is working hard to complete the work on physics, graphics and sounds, with the aim to produce an unforgettable, massive Japanese pack to be crazy about. The same package will also be available on console after its launch.

I cant imagine the r34 GTR feeling anything like the gt86, if it does there is something very wrong going on there. About the only car fairly similar to the gt86 will be the stock miata which is also a well balanced low powered rwd car.

Rolz

« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2016, 03:47:59 PM »
I'm certainly looking forward to it :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2016, 05:09:10 PM »
I would have needed a change of pants if they had announced Suzuka.  But there seems to be some very interesting cars in that pack.  I was in love with the RX-7 when I was a lot younger - something exotic about a rotary.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 12, 2016, 06:01:03 PM »
I heard somewhere Suzuka seems to ask a silly amount of money to license it and why its not officially in too many games/sims. Pcars have a version of it but miss the last chicane entirely to avoid being done on copyright. Only f1 games seemed to have officialy licensed versions though I think some of the console racers especially gran tourismo I think did have it as would be expected from a Japanese dev studio. My next trip to Japan will be for 3 or 4 weeks so I hope to get out to Suzuka while I am there and would be great to get a lap in. I did a lap of Monza last year but on a bicycle so not exactly a hotlap but did the gp and old oval layout but the track was only open for rental bicycles the day we were there.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2016, 04:03:49 PM »
Would it be possible to run a multi-class series similar to the WEC format but without the endurance part?

The Mazda 787B would be the LMP1 equivalent. This will be a Kunos car come May 18. Then we could chose a suitable race car to approximate the performance difference between the real LMP1 and GTE classes. This probably cannot be a modern GT3 class because the Mazda 787B was built in 1991. I have trialled a selection of lower end race cars around Silverstone International to compare. Of those the most suitable seems to be the Mercedes 190E which is also a 1990s era race car.

Mazda 787B ~1:00
Mercedes 190E Evo II WR 1:12

How would this work?

1. We could allocate a limited number of Mazdas (for example 5) which would be assigned to the top 5 drivers from a set of trials similar to the WEC qualifying. We could use the Wally/Phil time trial app to determine this. Silverstone International is also a good circuit for the time trail.

2. The Mazdas must take responsibility for overtaking the Mercedes using the same rules as WEC. ie the slower car can hold their line but must not block. This will add an element of chance to the faster cars' racing.

3. There could be 3 trophies. 2x class trophies and 1xoverall winner. Points allocated for overall winner would be allocated by race position irrespective of class at each race.

Tracks?
Silverstone
Spa
Le Mans
Nurburgring
Mexico?
COTA?
Fuji?
Shanghai
Bahrain

? Mod track quality??

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2016, 04:37:50 PM »
Would it be possible to run a multi-class series similar to the WEC format but without the endurance part?

The Mazda 787B would be the LMP1 equivalent. This will be a Kunos car come May 18. Then we could chose a suitable race car to approximate the performance difference between the real LMP1 and GTE classes. This probably cannot be a modern GT3 class because the Mazda 787B was built in 1991. I have trialled a selection of lower end race cars around Silverstone International to compare. Of those the most suitable seems to be the Mercedes 190E which is also a 1990s era race car.

Mazda 787B ~1:00
Mercedes 190E Evo II WR 1:12

How would this work?

1. We could allocate a limited number of Mazdas (for example 5) which would be assigned to the top 5 drivers from a set of trials similar to the WEC qualifying. We could use the Wally/Phil time trial app to determine this. Silverstone International is also a good circuit for the time trail.

2. The Mazdas must take responsibility for overtaking the Mercedes using the same rules as WEC. ie the slower car can hold their line but must not block. This will add an element of chance to the faster cars' racing.

3. There could be 3 trophies. 2x class trophies and 1xoverall winner. Points allocated for overall winner would be allocated by race position irrespective of class at each race.

Tracks?
Silverstone
Spa
Le Mans
Nurburgring
Mexico?
COTA?
Fuji?
Shanghai
Bahrain

? Mod track quality??
I'd like to try something like this. Depending on numbers, we could even split the field 50/50. Or we could do a qualifying round in the Mazda, and then take the top group of similar times as the LMP1 class, whether it's the top 5 or whatever. We would have to time the race distance so there is actually some lapping. Some pitstops would mix the field up too.

I wonder how the C9 compares timewise?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal