Xtreme Gaming Network

Poll: Season 15 Cars

Poll

What car do you want to drive in season 15?

Ferrari F138
14 (35.9%)
Tatuus Formula Abarth FA01
5 (12.8%)
Praga R1
20 (51.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Poll: Season 15 Cars  (Read 42482 times)

MG

Re: Poll: Season 15 Cars
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2016, 07:32:21 AM »
No mate haven't tried the turbo version but I do agree it would be harder to drive with all the added electronic etc, as it is I don't have enough buttons. My point was the the F138 isn't easy for ME, I have had only 3 races with AC and they were in that weak as you know what McLaren GT3 car.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2016, 08:40:25 AM »
Yes the car isnt exactly easy its just more maneagble and useable for more people I think. If you tried the Porsche 917/30 at 100% boost last week you would find the f138 fairly straight forward after that  ;D. That other newer turbo f1 car is also much trickier on throttle with I think less aero and much more to manage around a lap so it takes a fair bit more to understand along with a bit more challenging to drive.

There are also the older f1 cars which I think conpared to the f138 take a bit more driving effort like lotus 72d and ferrari 312t we ran in a season earlier.

F138 wpuld be a great fun season just unfortubatly I will be having some fun in the snow on a US canada 4500km roadtrip during the season so will be missing all but maybe the first round.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2016, 09:57:51 AM »
The Praga has also had a physics update in 1.11.1. It might be placebo effect, but I find it a little more lively on track now, sliding a bit more.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2016, 03:04:07 PM »
Has the new tyre model now as well.

MG

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2016, 06:40:08 AM »
When does the poll close? What ever car wins the poll is the car we will be using...yes? If not what's the point in having a poll!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2016, 08:12:18 AM »
When does the poll close? What ever car wins the poll is the car we will be using...yes? If not what's the point in having a poll!
Very shortly after a couple of practice races in the two contenders, the Praga and the F138, on the next couple of Tuesdays. People might change their minds once they race in the cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2016, 11:17:31 AM »
I'd actually prefer these to the Praga:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rsr-formula-3.8040/

I know it's a mod car, but we ran the Renault 3.5, and this is very good as well. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »
I'd actually prefer these to the Praga:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rsr-formula-3.8040/

I know it's a mod car, but we ran the Renault 3.5, and this is very good as well. :-\
I drove that car recently (there's a thread about it somewhere here), and I found that car very dull and boring.

I would love to try this on one of our 2 testing nights. Maybe we can have 2 cars to try on the same night in seperate short 30 minute no pit stop races then do the same the following week?? I figure if we start about 1 hour earlier than the normal time (still don't know what that is actually 😳) we could have enough time to complete both tests, although for any WA guys it could make it a touch hard but there are always compromises that can be made.

This week we do the Praga with a 20 minute practice...quail then 30 minute race then straight into the same format with the Renault 3.5, afterwards chat about them on TS.

Then the following week we do the same with the F138 and maybe the Ferrari 2015 turbo version (can't remember it's proper name)? It would be a good guide to test these two back to back! As hardly anyone has voted for the Formula Abarth I thought maybe we could try the Ferrari F1 turbo.

Just throwing some ideas around...opinion Wally??

Qualifying is always at 8:30pm eastern daylight savings time, with a long practice session before that. The server's usually up around 6:00pm. That time suits people across a range of timezones.

I'm not going to add more cars to the mix now - the poll's been running a long time already and the start of the season is drawing close. If you have ideas for a season, post them here: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1572.0

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2016, 12:27:38 PM »
I drove that car recently (there's a thread about it somewhere here), and I found that car very dull and boring.
Go faster! :P
Easy to drive, hard to drive fast.

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2016, 01:45:18 PM »
Go faster! :P
Easy to drive, hard to drive fast.

Yeah I posted recently when they updated it, and agree with you there Wally.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2016, 04:37:57 PM »
I'll close the poll 6:00pm Wed Jan 4, after we've done a practice race in the F138.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2016, 11:25:56 AM »
... and the Praga sneaks in front again.
Probably courtesy of some absentee votes.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »
... and the Praga sneaks in front again.
Probably courtesy of some absentee votes.

Praga has a good social media campaign and following, also I think some are realizing the f138 is much harder work then the Praga. Maybe those guys should try the sf15t and then go back to the f138 and find out how much simpler the older car is then last years f1. Praga will produce closer racing but then also less passing unless there is a track with long straights so keeping the small tracks for slower cars theory will just make it more follow the leader.

In the F1 passing is never easy but with mixed strategy racing, tyre conservation and simply more tricky car to drive closer to the limit it will created more changes of position even if most of them are passing cars playing in the sand not actual moves.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2016, 01:21:57 PM »
Yeah nothing to do with you telling GB to vote for it ay :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2016, 01:35:04 PM »
Yeah nothing to do with you telling GB to vote for it ay :)

Surely not but in the end the vote system means as much as the Aussie puppet democracy (AKA constituanal monarchy) give the peasants a feeling they have a say with a vote but if it disagrees with the Monarch AKA king Wally then its vote is final and the poll never existed. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal