Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday 28th Fun run Suggestions

Author Topic: Thursday 28th Fun run Suggestions  (Read 14272 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday 28th Fun run Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 03:01:40 PM »
Standard one
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 04:14:15 PM »
I think the NSX-R is best for racing.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 04:21:36 PM »
Thats the one I have up

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 09:26:48 PM »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 07:21:57 AM »
I enjoyed the Honda more. The Camaro felt a bit bland. It was just a pity in the Honda that after starting well, I overshot my braking mark at the hairpin 3 times and binned it in the gravel each time.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 08:30:08 AM »
With you on that one Wally, it was predictable,  but like so many of the gt3 thingies,  a bit lacking in fun.
The Honda had times within 2 seconds, would be a good candidate for a season.
Thanks phil,  a fun night.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 08:32:36 AM »
I enjoyed the Honda more. The Camaro felt a bit bland. It was just a pity in the Honda that after starting well, I overshot my braking mark at the hairpin 3 times and binned it in the gravel each time.

Yeah I agree but the honda's street tyres were unpredictable. Needed R compound tyres and stiffer springs

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 09:24:40 AM »

Yeah I agree but the honda's street tyres were unpredictable. Needed R compound tyres and stiffer springs
Humper, did you switch tires to the semi slicks last night?

The track was way better than I expected. Don't know what the issue was with the walls. People seemed to stick to them if they just tapped the wall!!

I had a good race in the Honda really enjoying the balance of the handling and seemed to have less issues with the braking than others - I just jammed on the brake pedal and let ABS do it's thing. I ran wide on the T1/2 sequence and ended up down the field but somehow everyone else fell of the track as well. Wally kept ahead for a while until his 3rd beaching. Phil got bored and pulled over I think to observe what was happening behind. I suddenly ended up 1st for some reason until Phil decided to go racing again and quickly overtook me.

Race 2 was a restart-fest. I think the first few corners are way too tight for the Camaro's power and size ;) In the end I got tapped into the wall at the hairpin and got stuck so just stayed there. I didn't realise I was blocking the whole track LOL!! Should have just risked reversing out from the wall.

I agree that the Sareni Camaro was a bit bland - a bit like the Corvette C7 / C6? I had hoped that it could form the basis of a V8Supercar style season. But I think not. Have o wait for that mod that is on it's way.

The Honda was fun to drive and I think with one of 'our' fixed setups it may provide p even better racing. There is an S1 'fictional' version of the NSX-R mod that is probably better suited to race tracks. It would be good to do a short season in that after the 'multi car' season planned for next season.

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »

I didn't think there was any option to change tyre on the honda so I was just using the default tyre (whatever that was). Seemed very inconsistent to me and I ended up doing a lot of early braking just to be sure I was going to get through the corner.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 10:03:17 AM »

I didn't think there was any option to change tyre on the honda so I was just using the default tyre (whatever that was). Seemed very inconsistent to me and I ended up doing a lot of early braking just to be sure I was going to get through the corner.
That's a real bummer! The semi slicks transformed the car. Try it out offline when you get a chance to compare lap times from last night.

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 10:06:52 AM »
The Camaro was like all modern cars, too refined to be a real drivers car. That said, you've got love that power! And the corners certainly came up fast.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 10:08:05 AM »
Ha, I just ran the Honda on whatever the default tyres were too.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 10:08:21 AM »

That's a real bummer! The semi slicks transformed the car. Try it out offline when you get a chance to compare lap times from last night.

Opps  :'(

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 10:13:30 AM »

Opps  :'(
Scratch that! I was getting confused with the S1 version of the mod. There was no tires option for the version we ran last night.

Sorry for the confusion - I'm having a bad morning after being away for the week.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal