Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 3: Monza Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 3: Monza Race Chat  (Read 99921 times)

Rolz

Re: Round 3: Monza Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2014, 03:26:28 PM »
I also noticed quite a big performance drop with this build, any onscreen app is killing SLI and frame rate take more then a 50% hit same when the text for lap times is coming up on screen as I cross the line. Need to find a way to turn that off as Im going from 170fps to 40fps at random points which is far from ideal.

ok cool, it's not just me!  :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2014, 03:49:34 PM »
Well I had a go with Guy's setup and muffed a few corners and was 0.1 off my PB with my bumble setup... that one I was in Zen mode hitting all the corners like a demon... can't wait to get more practice in...

saw Guy, and Marty on the track and oh boy ur fast  ;D

Since the update anyone else having their ac.exe crash on exit?

Also noticed a few times I had serious FPS drops to 24... where usually I'm at 80 at the same spots...
Didn't see and CPU spikes or IO hits so wondering if maybe server was doing anything...

The crash on exit I found if you window the launcher is avoided, just press f11 in the launcher to make it windowed mode and it will stay that way. This wont effect ingame as it will still be rendered as you have it setup, there seems to be some major issues with MSI afterburner and the launcher too atm so if it wont launch at all set the OSD off or exclude assettocorsa.exe.

With SLI each build has been a battle between text and apps, sometimes they are fine other times they kill it, smoke has also always been an issue for me and I can only run it on very low with 2 titans lol.

Here is an updated version of my setup as the one posted a few posts ago must have been much earlier, I made lots of changes when in a session with Guybrush last nite but forgot to save my final setup. This is stiffer again and can get lots of time through the first and second chicane. The Lesmos are a bit sketchy and the last chicane it does quite well, parabolica just cant outbreak yourself.

With this setup I just ran a couple laps and made a very messy 2:03.4 so I think in the 2:02's is quite possible. It is a near complete opposite to Guybrush's setup but can get nearly the same lap times so there are a few ways to skin this cat.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »
Hi, am I in for this round? Not sure since I can't get onto the server. Thx

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »
Yes, you're in. I've just restarted the practice server with corrected grid.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2014, 04:09:52 PM »
I notice the team logos in the pits are still showing up next to the wrong car..

i'll be updating mine to a picture of Justin Bieber...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »
I also noticed quite a big performance drop with this build, any onscreen app is killing SLI and frame rate take more then a 50% hit same when the text for lap times is coming up on screen as I cross the line. Need to find a way to turn that off as Im going from 170fps to 40fps at random points which is far from ideal.

ok cool, it's not just me!  :)

Yep I'm finding on the entry to Ascari my comp starts chugging which stuffs up my braking... Well that's my excuse anyway.

I'll try turning my apps off.  I've also noticed that cars have a more noticeable reflective varnish look to them which can look like the cars have white stripes on certain parts of the bodywork.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2014, 04:47:47 PM »
white stripes

Yep cool band indeed.

This kinda white stripes on the other hand.. paint job is bad enough without the over polish.. Kinda thing I wish my girlfriend did.... :o

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2014, 04:48:34 PM »
Yes, you're in. I've just restarted the practice server with corrected grid.

Good news. Thanks. Just tested and server access is ok.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »
Is it a possibility that this week will be postponed? Not sounding good.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2014, 04:59:42 PM »
Is it a possibility that this week will be postponed? Not sounding good.
I imagine we can give it a go anyway, and if I don't do well, we can re-run the round.
Hopefully they'll have a 0.20.1 out pretty quickly, like they've done with some of the other releases that had bad bugs.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2014, 05:20:45 PM »
Sounds like a good plan Wally  :)

I managed to run consistent mid to low 2:03's on the server just then driving the absolute wheels off the thing only to be a second behind Gratulin still, I think I will get my DTM back for the next round for sure as I cant see me beating any of them this round.  Maybe they may all take eachother out so we definitely need collisions back on for the race or I have no hope at all :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2014, 05:26:58 PM »
Don't under estimate how slow some of us are marty, but it's more likely we'll just hold you up where you can't pass. :P

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2014, 06:20:51 PM »

I managed to run consistent mid to low 2:03's on the server just then driving the absolute wheels off the thing only to be a second behind Gratulin still, I think I will get my DTM back for the next round for sure as I cant see me beating any of them this round.  Maybe they may all take eachother out so we definitely need collisions back on for the race or I have no hope at all :)

Yeah - must say I enjoyed that - small things etc etc. :)

But the race will be different. Race pace is still a lot slower to hotlapping...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2014, 09:21:20 PM »

Yeah - must say I enjoyed that - small things etc etc. :)

But the race will be different. Race pace is still a lot slower to hotlapping...

That was my race pace I will need to go 100% every lap but I know the DTM tyres arent as good as the group A's not much chance doing a race on the softs in the DTM but should be possible in the group A. Could make for some interesting racing with the Group A's quicker in the corners but DTM having the grunt down the straights and then once tyre wear kicks in we will see how people deal with it then.

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2014, 11:53:59 PM »
Are we using FreeJoin for XGN for Tues nite racing? I have also tried it on my server but it seems to disable collision detection allowing cars to drive thru each other when on track... I've not been able to figure out why yet. It adds so many positives... but this is a serious negative.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal