Xtreme Gaming Network

S36R1 - Hockenheimring

Author Topic: S36R1 - Hockenheimring  (Read 12563 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S36R1 - Hockenheimring
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2021, 10:25:47 AM »
The reduced damage doesn't affect the tyre wear.

I had some good racing with Freezer most of the night. Our cars' front and rear bumpers seemed to be magnetically attracted a few times. The braking differences between the Alfa and the BMW didn't help there.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2021, 10:54:54 AM »

Race 1
AbleArcher hit bradc in the rear corner in a tight corner, but I don’t think it was clearly anyone’s fault. AbleArcher was braking slowly up the inside; bradc turned in on him a bit (on the racing line) – racing incident.

Did you happen to save a replay of this Wally? Reason being I'd like a 2nd look at it as that was a really weird incident and I certainly didn't expect to get turned around. Before the braking zone we were side by side and just before I braked I used my look left button and it appeared as if I was clear, so hence I remained on the racing line and turned in....I'm not disputing your decision, but would love a look at it because I don't know how to replay stuff on my pc - I'm sure I've not ticked a box somewhere... :-[

The 2nd race wasn't much better for me despite making some set up changes which improved my lap times. I must have been on the only down hill section of the start grid (lol  ;D) because as soon as I pushed the clutch and selected 1st gear the car moved forward.....I think I'd got to about 6th on the opening lap only to be 15th after the drive-thru and then I think I got back to 11th for the flag. The last 5 laps on worn out tyres were a lot of fun as it felt like I was catching the next group fighting of AGK, Rob and co but I could never quite bridge the gap.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2021, 11:40:21 AM »

Race 1
AbleArcher hit bradc in the rear corner in a tight corner, but I don’t think it was clearly anyone’s fault. AbleArcher was braking slowly up the inside; bradc turned in on him a bit (on the racing line) – racing incident.

Did you happen to save a replay of this Wally? Reason being I'd like a 2nd look at it as that was a really weird incident and I certainly didn't expect to get turned around. Before the braking zone we were side by side and just before I braked I used my look left button and it appeared as if I was clear, so hence I remained on the racing line and turned in....I'm not disputing your decision, but would love a look at it because I don't know how to replay stuff on my pc - I'm sure I've not ticked a box somewhere... :-[

The 2nd race wasn't much better for me despite making some set up changes which improved my lap times. I must have been on the only down hill section of the start grid (lol  ;D ) because as soon as I pushed the clutch and selected 1st gear the car moved forward.....I think I'd got to about 6th on the opening lap only to be 15th after the drive-thru and then I think I got back to 11th for the flag. The last 5 laps on worn out tyres were a lot of fun as it felt like I was catching the next group fighting of AGK, Rob and co but I could never quite bridge the gap.
Yes, I'll upload the replay tonight.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2021, 02:47:35 PM »
Fun races. The alfas out front were quick but was good to see the different advantages and disadvantages of the cars. Hopefully will provide some mixed results at different tracks.

I managed to get into mid 52s by the middle of the 2nd race. Didn't really do much practise and didn't even try the Merc or alfa so just ran default setup and mediums for qually and race. Looks like I may need to try some tinkering to keep up this season.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 08:03:03 PM by Joe »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2021, 07:21:43 PM »

Race 1

The 2nd race wasn't much better for me despite making some set up changes which improved my lap times. I must have been on the only down hill section of the start grid (lol  ;D ) because as soon as I pushed the clutch and selected 1st gear the car moved forward.....I think I'd got to about 6th on the opening lap only to be 15th after the drive-thru and then I think I got back to 11th for the flag. The last 5 laps on worn out tyres were a lot of fun as it felt like I was catching the next group fighting of AGK, Rob and co but I could never quite bridge the gap.
Yes, I'll upload the replay tonight.
Here's the race replay:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gufty-7y4VoH7IVcnSo01NVaMdRnn3Nc/view?usp=sharing

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 08:25:03 PM »
Good night of racing.  Got to one spot up to 5th at the start but then start but then had Joe behind for many laps putting on the pressure.  Eventually he got a run down the back straight and was through.
Race two found myself with behind Wally with about a one sec gap until lap 12 so it was tight.  Unfortunately I had that moment around lap 8 when you suddenly think, "Is he braking early, or am I braking late" either way it was an oh shit moment where pressing the brake harder only made it worse  ::)  Thankfully we both pushed on, but then it happened again a few laps later and we dropped a few spots as a result (my bad).
Definitely like these cars, the slight differences make for good racing . . . just need to find a bit more speed!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2021, 10:38:49 PM »
Race 1, 1 lap too long.
Race 2, 2 laps too long. :-X

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal