Xtreme Gaming Network

S37R4 - Lime Rock

Author Topic: S37R4 - Lime Rock  (Read 4422 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S37R4 - Lime Rock
« on: April 27, 2021, 10:56:22 PM »
We've had a different polesitter each round - this round it was Dietmar's turn. Brad wins the round with a 4th place and two wins, stretching his championship lead. AGK moves up two places in the standings to 9th.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
bradc   53
AGK   43
Wally   34
Bacchulum   34
AbleArcher83   34
killagorilla   29
ab156   27
Dietmar Raath   27
Phil.8   27
Rob   26
Freezer   24
Dave O   19
Mael   15

Penalties
Race 1
The opening lap incident was really caused by killagorilla moving across to the other side of the track and into the path of Brad, in breach of the “keep to your side of the track in the first 2 corners” rule. 80 kg penalty ballast for next race.

Season Standings
1. bradc, 165
2. buellersdayoff, 139
3. Wally, 122

3 sprints of 20 laps at Lime Rock [download]. Weather is mild, in the low 20's.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 10:45:57 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
Re: S37R4 - Lime Rock
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 03:39:18 PM »
Hi Wally
I cant join the practice server (game crash)......
I am wondering if anybody else has this issue or am i special.... ;D
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 05:33:47 PM »
Server needed a kick in the guts.  :-*

Remote Desktop also complains of an expired certificate!
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 07:37:10 PM »
I just restarted the server. I haven't tried it yet though.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 06:06:13 PM »
Server's up.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 07:02:34 PM »
I'm going to be away two weeks at a time now, new job. Bit of a bummer for racing, I'll miss tonight and next week but I'll definitely get on every third week.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 07:38:41 PM »
I'm going to be away two weeks at a time now, new job. Bit of a bummer for racing, I'll miss tonight and next week but I'll definitely get on every third week.
That is a bummer.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 10:46:18 PM »
Results are up - round win goes to Bradc.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 09:44:27 AM »
Mixed results for me... race 1, I got punted off track on lap 1, sent to the back. I did have fun making my way back to 7th, passing Archer in a drag to the line which I only managed courtesy of Archer's ballast.

Race 2 was good and clean, missing Archer after the Dietmar crash by a bee's dick. In the closing laps, I ran wide at turn 1 with two wheels on the grass, gifting 2nd place to AGK.

Midway through race 3, I was chasing Brad and Archer, and managed to pass on the inside at turn 1 for the lead, when Brad ran wide and took Archer with him. Unfortunately Brad tapped my rear corner after the pass and sent me off into the barrier, as good as last again.

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 11:28:53 AM »
Race 1 managed not to get caught up in the first turn mayhem. Found my self in 4 having a good stoush with ab156 and AGK.  ab156 and I had a coming together at turn 1, have not seen the replay
for race 1 so not to sure if ab or myself was at fault. Lap 12 touched the
barrier of death on the uphill, broken windscreen and very bad suspension for rest of the race.
Not an easy last 5 laps, with Wally just piping me on the post for 7th.

Race 2 got into 4th place following the the Dietmar/Bacchulum show, till Dietmar
hit the barrier of doom. He and Bacchulum speared in and I was not
as lucky as Wally getting a broken windscreen and slight suspension damage.
I was suprised when Dietmar/Bacchulum rejoined so quickly from the pits, less
than 30secs.

Race 3 Pole Position...... odd palce to start the race. Had fun holding
everyone up till the start of the 9th lap when bradc had had enough and
got the elbows out. Managed to stay in 2nd place til lap 16 but under
pressure from ab156, I was over driving the car and was back to 5.

Looking forward to RiverSide next week.
Does anyone have the replays for race1 and 2 content manager decided only record
Q and R3.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 12:21:15 PM »
Have to admit I forgot about the 80kg ballast and got quite frustrated in not getting the expected lap times in qualification and race 1. Still had fun chasing Rob who clearly was not having fun on the last corner.

Race 2 was better, some good battle including bump drafting my team mate  :)

Had to bail on race three as after 2 days of rain and no sunshine our household batteries were looking a bit flat. It is surprising how much power a PC, 3 screens, speaker system, pedal and wheels consume. It is by far the biggest consumer of electricity in the house  :'(

Congrads Brad, another dominant performance.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 02:32:47 PM »
A rock solid three 9th places for me last night  ::)  I didn't have any off's, so consistency was on my side, just not pace!!
Race one was good with DaveO chasing me all the way to the end.  Race 2 Mael tried to improve my speed with a little push
from behind :)  and I had a short lived battle with AB at one point however Race 3 was pretty lonely.
Struggling this season as the old slidy boat thing not really my style  ;D ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 07:30:14 PM »
Here's my near miss of the Dietmar/Bacc/Archer crash

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 09:48:49 PM »
That was a really tough night. I found driving this track you needed to be both Jeckle and Hide. In the opening part I felt I needed to be really controlled and patient, but in the latter half I found I needed rag it to make a good time. With these cars being so extremely close around here it was extremely difficult to pass, turn 1 was about the only place I could pass.

The start of race 1 was rather messy, which others have already mentioned. I had no real clue what happened in turn 1 but as I was pinging and ponging all I could think about was how the hell was I going to recover.....some how I managed to get back to 4th and scored the pole for race 2. Bacchulum, I’m sorry I couldn’t comment on your message during the race, I was concentrating so hard that driving and talking at the same time felt like it was near on impossible. I certainly appreciate the sediment, because Dietmar was epically quick.

In race 3 I had a great battle with Ablearcher for many, many laps and it was a lot of fun. Our cars were so close to being equal it was extremely difficult to work out where to make a pass, despite looking at various different lines there really was only one corner (turn 1)  where a pass looked possible. Eventually I was able to get to the inside of the track for turn 1 (after a couple of unsuccessful attempts on the outside) but ran about half a car width off apex in the corner and Wally saw an opportunity and went for it. On the exit of turn 1 as I was drifting off the corner and made the lightest of contacts with Wally as it looked like he was slightly slower off the corner and he went off. In any other car you could have called this avoidable but in these tanks once you’ve committed to a line there is no way to quickly change direction.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal