Xtreme Gaming Network

F1 Qual Challenge - Austrian Grand Prix

Author Topic: F1 Qual Challenge - Austrian Grand Prix  (Read 14033 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
F1 Qual Challenge - Austrian Grand Prix
« on: June 20, 2015, 05:07:32 PM »
Hi all,
This is a bit of an experiment to see if there is interest...
Cheers
Gratulin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would be good to race the F1 cars on the same F1 track on the same weekend the races are held. However, these cars are so difficult to drive let alone race! Therefore, it might be good to simply run a hotlap competition. This will give a chance to try out the current F1-style cars in Assetto Corsa on the actual F1 tracks and compare our lap times with the real times from the same weekend.

The F1 Qual Challenge will run as one continuous Qualification session until Sunday night just before the Formula One race starts. Laptimes will be reported in stracker.

Let's see who's on Pole by Sunday Night!!!!
Can we match or beat the real F1?
Which of these cars is the quickest?

STRACKER
Laptimes

SERVER
AUS XGN Formula One Qual Challenge

TRACK
Red Bull Ring Spielberg

CARS
Mercedes W06 (FormulaCorsa Mod)
Williams FW37 (FormulaCorsa Mod)
Mclaren-Mercedes MP4/13 (Virtua Simulazioni Mod)
Lotus Exos 125 Stage 1

DOWNLOADS

Red Bull Ring Spielberg download  <--- UPDATED VERSION 0.8

F1 2015 Mercedes Hybrid W06 1.2 download
F1 2015 Williams FW37 1.1 download
McLaren MP4-13 1.0 download
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:29:30 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: F1 Qual Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 05:23:58 PM »
Good idea Grats.  For me the Formula Corsa cars are junk so if I have the chance to hop on it will only be in the VZ or KS cars.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 05:33:23 PM »
Good idea Grats.  For me the Formula Corsa cars are junk so if I have the chance to hop on it will only be in the VZ or KS cars.
I tend to agree with you but give the FormulaCorsa car one more go.They just updated the physics and I'd be interested in your opinion.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 05:49:54 PM »
Sounds fun. Will give it a few laps later.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 06:45:01 PM »
Well if it's true to life we should all suffer major turn-in oversteer (going on P1 & P2). :o

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 07:34:14 PM »
Well I turned off damage so we can't emulate McLaren  ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2015, 08:12:27 PM »
Ron Dennis will be on the phone to you soon, asking how that's done. ;D ;D

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2015, 08:25:27 PM »

No damage you also cant replicate Kimi's flatspot yesterday either, I still think damage is too soft in AC even at 100% and flatspots should be tyre ending on a proper one at speed.

For me though I really hate running any sim with damage off or any of the sim settings reduced, maybe I am on my own there but any time I jump into a server with no tyre wear, fuel use or damage I just leave.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:28:17 PM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 08:31:49 PM »

Still wouldn't help them as they are the only team that would consider a Renault engine an upgrade atm.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 08:38:38 PM »

Still wouldn't help them as they are the only team that would consider a Renault engine an upgrade atm.
Yet Honda has still made more progress since Melbourne than Renault has! :o :-X

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 09:11:46 PM »
I think a pimped out Civic would still beat the f1 car in a race, maybe lose a few laps early but it would keep going unlike the Mclaren Honda which only races in short stints. Kind of how Alonso refused to fuel save early last race and gave it everything, no point saving fuel for the finish of the race if there is no chance of making it.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 09:51:35 PM »
Ran a few laps before the real thing and have set a reasonable time in the McLaren.

I did a few in the Mercedes, and it's not too bad, but still isn't up to the same standards as the McLacka.  It also did this weird thing where it was like I got stuck with the handbrake on - as if the power went on it or something.  Quite strange, and I couldn't fix it, so thought I'd change car.

It's a nicely done circuit.  I think it would be fun in some of the slower cars on a Thursday night.

Marty I saw you had this combo up on your server, but I'm not sure you have the latest track as I kept getting a checksum mismatch and I had hacks disabled.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
F1 Qual Challenge
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 10:27:33 PM »
Same thing happened to me in the Mercedes - like handbrake stuck on. I think it is the battery like in the P1. Going back into the pits didn't fix it for me either.

EDIT: if you change the wings it sets boost to 50% sometimes. Just hit 0 to make sure it is on 100% boost. I also did CTRL-T and CTRL-A to make sure those we correctly off. This fixed it for me.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 09:51:04 AM by Gratulin »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 10:22:37 AM »
Ran a few laps before the real thing and have set a reasonable time in the McLaren.

I did a few in the Mercedes, and it's not too bad, but still isn't up to the same standards as the McLacka.  It also did this weird thing where it was like I got stuck with the handbrake on - as if the power went on it or something.  Quite strange, and I couldn't fix it, so thought I'd change car.

It's a nicely done circuit.  I think it would be fun in some of the slower cars on a Thursday night.

Marty I saw you had this combo up on your server, but I'm not sure you have the latest track as I kept getting a checksum mismatch and I had hacks disabled.

Had an older version running I noticed you try to join and thought hacks but went searching to see if the issue was server side instead. Fun track done quite well and pushing is not that easy here, I think into the 1:09's is quite doable but very commited at every corner to do it and so hard to put a lap together.

I havent tried the other cars yet but will dl them just to see if I can knock GB off, on my server there is a small field setup for qual and race. The older version seemed a little performance heavy and I saw a few guys get what seemed to be warps due to bad game performance.

I will give this challenge a run just to push GB into the 1:08's.  ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 11:43:27 AM »
Ran a few laps needed a few to knock GB off for now, was so close to the 1:09 but just missed it. Had delta for mid 1:09 but so hard to nail t1 t2 and the last two turns in the same lap.

Also just noticed this cool feature in stracker where you can do a lap comparison to others, me vs GB here only with experimental build so I need to update my servers.

Clearly hes running less downforce or maybe hes just less scared off speed then I am. It does show the higher aero setup is clearly faster in the higher speed corners but loses out a little at the top end.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:53:16 AM by marty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal