Xtreme Gaming Network

Oct 14 Fun race

Author Topic: Oct 14 Fun race  (Read 42430 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Oct 14 Fun race
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2014, 05:53:22 PM »
Dick, it's the Robins... c'mon man! This is the moment we've been waiting for our whole lives.

I've also posted my highly complex and technical setup for the Robin in my dropbox ("setup" thread for those who are new).

oh, I'll be there for the Robins. I think i do have brands hatch. I know for sure I don't SK top gear track though.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2014, 05:59:27 PM »
Marty I just smashed your Robin record on your server and then it went down.  I'm thinking it can't keep up with the Robins.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2014, 06:05:27 PM »
Server went down as I just put up the first server with Brands Hatch and GT cars, I hope it shut down before record was smashed but that can be dealt with later on anyway.

First post updated with more info and first qualy delayed to 8pm Melbourne time for those backwards with daylight savings.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2014, 06:12:42 PM »
Server went down as I just put up the first server with Brands Hatch and GT cars, I hope it shut down before record was smashed but that can be dealt with later on anyway.

First post updated with more info and first qualy delayed to 8pm Melbourne time for those backwards with daylight savings.

nah don't delay guys! Bacchulum needs his beauty sleep... Desperately.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2014, 06:15:50 PM »
Shouldnt be very long as races are quite short just a little longer qualy session to get people to get the hang of the newer tracks if they havent ran them before.

Should be about 30 min at each track maybe a couple more in the robbins which may be race 2 instead of 3. Assuming I dont stuff the server and dick doesnt keep voting to restart sessions should be done by 9.30ish and we all have had our fun fix.

I have Downloaded Wallys cool AC log parser so should be able to get some results up for the round, I think the robbin races will be all over the place as many will be forced to pit multiple times.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:25:14 PM by marty »

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2014, 07:31:07 PM »
You should mention to everyone that bumping and grinding is encouraged in the Robins.  No twerking though.

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2014, 11:21:37 AM »
Lots of fun last night, even got the chance to win a race due to marty and guy coming together at top gear korea! The robins were well um  fun and the f40 is mental!

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »
I liked the foliage in the Top Gear Korea track but the layout is pretty ordinary I thought.

Baskerville was fun but would be nigh on impossible to pass in a serious car and race.

brands Hatch is a keeper and worth running in a series.  Judging from YouTube clips it looks quite faithful to the real one as well.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2014, 02:23:53 PM »
I liked the foliage in the Top Gear Korea track but the layout is pretty ordinary I thought.

Baskerville was fun but would be nigh on impossible to pass in a serious car and race.

brands Hatch is a keeper and worth running in a series.  Judging from YouTube clips it looks quite faithful to the real one as well.
I think baskerville is perfect, you can pass just like at any other track.
Brand Hatch is an OK version, but not good.  It's like a compressed version of the track, too steep undulations, too short straights...some corners are barely recognisable to be honest.

Oh; and I agree about the TG track, while it has all sorts of corners it's flat like a saucepan :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2014, 02:48:52 PM »
Was a fun night, I did caoture all results and used Wally's method to get them into the cool layout. Just didnt have anywhere to upload the data in html, was pretty late by the time I tried playing with blogspot which I setup an account. Didnt see how to upload the data to it but im sure its quite simple just like me.  ;D

Track wise Brands is quite fun but not being very familiar with the real layout I can only take birds word for it saying its a bit off the scanned version.

TG korea I like as it reminds me of a small club circuit and a much better layout then the brittish top gear track at least. I found it very hard to pass there and followed guy all race taking him out twice then letting him back.

Baskerville I really like, probably more passing then normal there though most due to people flipping a robbin or being flipped as me and Bird did to eachother most laps. Even in the f40's being quite a handful and a tricky little track there were lits of drivers making mistakes and quite a few passes done clean and fair.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2014, 03:18:52 PM »
if you wish send them to flattops.email AT gmail.com I can host them on google.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »
I swear I came 5th in the 1st Robin race. More importantly, I beat Marty and the Robin master himself, Guybrush.
The BMW where kinda dull compared to the F40 and Robin, which are surprisingly similar. In that they have two rear wheels.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2014, 05:08:35 PM »
Sorry I was a no-show, but I've been really stuffed this week. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2014, 05:48:22 PM »
Sorry I was a no-show, but I've been really stuffed this week. :(

We really needed you there Bacchs. It was very amateur last night. I'm sure if anyone can keep a robin on 3 wheels its Bacchulum

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:45:18 PM by Flattop Bruce »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal