Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R3: Brands Hatch Indy Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R3: Brands Hatch Indy Post-Race Chat  (Read 6807 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S13R3: Brands Hatch Indy Post-Race Chat
« on: August 16, 2016, 10:01:44 PM »
RACE RESULTS, CHARTS AND RIVALS

Clean starts, no penalties or incidents.

Round Points
Jeremy    71
Matthew111    66
Phil.8    66
Bacchulum    64
hylas    53
EdWood    52
Freezer    51
Grat    51
Wally    51
Marty    49
slideways    41
Insomniac    40
Mael    39
Hornbag    30
Dave O    28
Joe    28
Rob    28
Bafs17    23
Flattop    21

Congratulations to Marty, Jeremy and Matthew on the race wins, and Jeremy on the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Matthew, 136
2. Jeremy, 129
3. Marty, 128

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 10:47:00 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S13R3: Brands Hatch Indy Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 10:13:35 PM »
Fun racing tonight, some good close racing. Shame my PC crashed race 2 which kind of took me out of the round even after getting a win in race 1.

Race 3 with the format change was still fun and I went as hard as I could with some great battles along the way. I think it was contact free too but will need to check results as there were some close and sketchy passes as I needed to try and get through asap and hope to not lose too much time to the guys up front. Being the only one really starting reverse grid was always going to make it hard with leaders pulling a gap I would never make back and best laps for the top 4 or so were all very close.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 10:18:17 PM »
Terrible but fun. Is that possible?

R1 wasn't doing too badly, made one small slip in first few laps which let a couple of the faster guys though. Lap 14 got a draft on Slideways coming out of T1 and got inside him for T2 but there was contact and we both spun out. After that still had some good fun racing.

R2 on lap 3 or 4 Bacculum overtook me late on the straight cut right across the front end me, had to lift to avoid contact but missed my brake marker and went out into the gravel. Worst place to be out and had to wait for the whole field to go past. Good fun racing again after that. Got Rob, then Dave O, then a few laps later lost those places again going too deep into T1 and getting on the gas late.

R3 was pretty bad. Gave Hornbag a tag from behind on T3 in lap 1 (sorry dude), spun me out but think he was fine. A couple more spins after that, slowed down to let some lapping cars through, then spun off on T1. No way I was gonna catch anyone after that so called it a night.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 10:57:21 PM »
Race 1 was a good result for me, finishing 6th. Good race, with some good racing between Matthew and Hylas near the end.

Race 2, I forgot to load my setup, so I had too much fuel and I could see that the tyre pressures were off, especially on the left front. At one stage, Grat got squeezed to the left in front of me by someone in a black car. I braked as soon as I saw trouble, but still clipped the rear corner of Grat's car, sending him into a spectacular sideways slide across the grass and back onto the track that somehow missed everybody. Again, I was close to Hylas at the end.

Race 3 was good, starting and finishing in 9th, with 0 contacts. I got a great start off the line but couldn't quite get past Freezer, running out of room so easing up. Freezer and I ended up having a great battle over the last 7 laps, with me unable to pass in some good clean racing.

A really enjoyable night.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 11:34:58 PM »
Looking at results points wise not a good round thanks to the dnf r2 but at least I managed to gain the most spots in race 1 and 3 with no collisions in either of those races.

Of the 2 races still its funny that race 3 was more fun even though I won race 1. The start of race 1 was a bit more hectic but the last couple of spots were kind of handed to me as both Bachulum and Jeremy just ran wide at t1 handing those spots over without needing a battle.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 11:57:18 PM »
Once again surprised in that there didn't seem like many opportunities to pass on this track but once the races got under way there was plenty and very clean.
R1 Got away well and worked up to 5th but a big lag spike saw me flung off the track.  Managed to work my way back from down the back to 9th.
Cant remember all the details but  despite numerous side by side racing moments I had very little contact all night.  The usual suspects charged through but I was able to make them work pretty hard to get past which was great.
Will be away next week for Imola which is a shame as the Supra might have had the legs there.  So that's it for the Supra, bring on the second half of the season. 

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 09:47:24 AM »
Didn't have the greatest night. Ended up last early on in 2 races but managed to battle back for a reasonable result considering. Minorating scores aren't up for last night for me but I reckon I took a fair hit. Felt like I was inside a pinball machine there for a while. Congrats to the winners and podium guys.

Yet again I forgot to save replays so I don't know whether I caused any of the contacts. Apologies if I did.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 10:24:20 AM »
Through lack of fuel, crashes and gravel traps I finished 12th in all three races  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 10:31:33 AM »
Didn't have the greatest night. Ended up last early on in 2 races but managed to battle back for a reasonable result considering. Minorating scores aren't up for last night for me but I reckon I took a fair hit. Felt like I was inside a pinball machine there for a while. Congrats to the winners and podium guys.

Yet again I forgot to save replays so I don't know whether I caused any of the contacts. Apologies if I did.
You can see your contacts (even a rub counting as a contact) in the race results. You weren't the best; you weren't the worst.

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 11:08:16 AM »
Wasn't a bad night for me considering I was starting from the back for the first two races. I feel like I battled against Wally for most the night, every race I feel like we are always close, even last season I feel we spent a lot of time trading places. It's good having some close battles each week with you. Also spent many laps battling with Freezer last night too. Good fun!

Cya's at Imola ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 11:29:40 AM »
Wasn't a bad night for me considering I was starting from the back for the first two races. I feel like I battled against Wally for most the night, every race I feel like we are always close, even last season I feel we spent a lot of time trading places. It's good having some close battles each week with you. Also spent many laps battling with Freezer last night too. Good fun!

Cya's at Imola ;)
You're officially my rival.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 02:43:52 PM »
Just watched race 1, I think I need a penalty, (although it would be ineffectual just as points), for my lack of redress for bafs at turn one lap 5!
I was the one that elbowed off, and all I did was "sorry to see you off track", I thought we were just both sliding but, i corrected, and gave you flick off.
baf, really sorry mate.

Before I realised my gaff which took the shine off it,  I enjoyed race 1, for most laps and turns maintained my race line without blocking per se, and only lost 10 spots.  A couple of times I compensated for others on my hip and went the wrong line, but better than yet another problem.

Race 2, after re-entering after saving the replay, I nonchalantly jumped on the grid, and then the thought, man, what skill I had on this track had flown out the window... then I realised, default setup!  I was swamped and heaps of easy overtakes given away!  I did pickup a PB with perseverance, and then ran out of fuel 2 turns from home! :)

Taking points off won't effect my season, think up something that bafs should have, maybe swap points for race?
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 03:12:49 PM »
That's generous of you Bruce, but a guilty conscience is penalty enough for a lap 5 infringement :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2016, 03:13:45 PM »
then I realised, default setup!

Think a few of us did it. Default setup and default fuel load!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal