Xtreme Gaming Network

XGN news

Author Topic: XGN news  (Read 7325 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
XGN news
« on: August 20, 2016, 06:15:29 PM »
SATURDAY -  XGN series coordinator Wally Masterson, currently driving a Nissan Skyline in the XGN "Jap Pack" series, has been spotted driving a variety of GT2 cars at several European locations. Wally has been spotted in the Ferrari 458 GT2, the BMW M3 GT2, as well as the Corvette C7R.

"The cars are capable of fairly similar times, although some BOP ballast would be needed to make a fair series," he said. "The Ferrari and the Vette are reasonable close, but the Beemer is a little slower. The cars feel a little different to drive.  I think drivers would be able to choose a car they are comfortable with."

When asked if he was planning the next XGN series, Wally said it was one of the options he was looking at. "I'm also driving similar GT style cars, looking at other options." he said.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: XGN news
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 06:31:27 PM »
Geez. Typical non-answer you get from F1 ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 07:39:53 PM »
Geez. Typical non-answer you get from F1 ...
:)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 10:13:30 PM »
Wally has not been seen in any cars without a roof at all has he ?
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 10:25:41 PM »
Nope, all tin tops.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 10:27:54 PM »

Ive had my investigators tailing this Wally fellow and also seen him fooling around in these.

I havent driven the GT2 machines lately but I remember they used to be fairly close, maybe the beamer just needs a bit of setup work.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 10:33:07 PM »
Rumor also has it Ferrari may have ran out of cars during his test as they now have a garage full like this.  ;D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 10:42:36 PM »
ouch

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 08:56:31 AM »
Good detective work, Marty.

@Phil, I might take the Lotus 2-11 GT4 out for a drive later on.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
:) i do like that car

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
Good detective work, Marty.

@Phil, I might take the Lotus 2-11 GT4 out for a drive later on.

Have we done ktm xbow and 2-11 yet, the gt4 I think is in a solo class in AC but the stock one with the ktm have always been very close. There will likely be more gt4 cars to come soon but I dont kow if that 2-11 gt4 is a true gt4 as its well behind the masserati.

Looking for open cars test the f138 its quite nice and nowhere near as challengin as the sf15t. The Aventador I think is about the best car in ac atm even more fun on hyper road tyres then the track tyres so worth a test.

Unfortunatly numbers in the old f1s were a bit low so not sure if modern fq wouod do much better. The Praga could be interesting also the fxxk but maybe save that for when P1gtr also hits and they could likely race with 599xx and Zonda R.

The GTE GT2 are pretty close and easy to drive so could be some good racing. I think if looking at RSR times though the BMW just isnt as popular and that could be why its slower in your data. Last time I drove them there was not much in the 3 and I was always quickest in the bmw.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:10:46 AM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 11:37:20 AM »
One thing that could be helpful is put up a couple polls to see what class of cars people would want to race and the type of formats.

I remember there was talk of mixed class racing and if doing gt2/gte you could probably split the season into 2 classes by adding the Sauber c9.

Let people choose which class they want to race. C9 is a silly quick fun and challenging car with gt cars quite a bit more approachable. This way there could be 2 seasons in one and spice the racing up a bit.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 01:16:50 PM »
I will do a poll as always. I'm just looking. We're still only half way through the Jap season. If you have any suggestions, add them to the wishlist thread.

Repair the BMW GT2, I'm only looking at my own times so far. I'm slower than the other 2 in the Beemer.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 08:04:03 PM »
 :-\ is it a sign talking about your self in the 3rd person?

I'll take a vette! :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline trackmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 08:00:28 PM »
Missing tonight sorry guys. Have fun

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal