Xtreme Gaming Network

S11R6: Vallelunga Classic post-race chat

Author Topic: S11R6: Vallelunga Classic post-race chat  (Read 17870 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S11R6: Vallelunga Classic post-race chat
« on: May 17, 2016, 10:10:32 PM »
Well first up, congratulations to Marty, who won the championship.

The season podium is:

1. Marty, 321
2. Matthew, 312
3. Jeremy, 311

Close at the top!

The team championship goes to Struggle Street Racing Crew.

1. Struggle Street Racing Crew, 623
2. Golden Goats, 518
3. Aleph Null Ltd, 489

RACE RESULTS

Penalties: Race 1, Freezer (-4 pts) for hitting the back of Bird (+4 pts).

Round Points
Jeremy      66
Marty       62
Matthew111  62
Bird        59
hylas       51
Grat        49
Phil.8      49
StanDaam    49
Bacchulum   48
Freezer     46
Mael        44
Bafs17      44
Rob         43
Wally       41
Chap111     35
Doobs       35
Dave O      32
Vipergod    15
Flattop     15
slideways   12

Congratulations to Jeremy, Bafs and Marty for the race wins, and Jeremy for the overall round win.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:51:12 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: S11R6: Vallelunga Classic post-race chat
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 10:35:12 PM »
Wd gents!

I had a blast in these races, especially the 1st with the close packs.  Then I got very lucky early on in the following races, managed to make up a bunch of positions on the first few laps in both.   But then it usually has settled a bit, and it was just hotlapping. 

Got a few bumps, dealt out a few myself, it's all good fun ;)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 10:36:23 PM »
Thanks for the season wally, was fun, until the last 2 weeks, when my luck ran out and in the last 6 races I had one clean race, rest I ran into already smashing cars or was run into. My results are a lotto which I couldn't bring myself to look at last week and defiantly wont bother this week lol :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:41:32 PM »
Thanks Wally and all for another fun season, the cars I am not a huge fan of but the racing was great all round. Early this round I was a bit too cautions early and then just got stuck behind lots of guys I really struggled to get past. Was fun trying but it was a very tough place to pass but id be surprised if I didnt get the hunter award the first couple of races as I barely remember a lap not stuck in someones rear across the line.

Last race I figured id try and finish the season off with a bang and went 100% from the green to the end, had a big go 3 wide past a few early and managed to avoid any significant bumps and got to the lead around lap 5 then just tried to keep Matthew and Jeremy off the fastest lap. Well done to them both for making it a real battle to the last race and for winning the team champs.

All did well this season and there wasnt anyone that I had any real issues with only getting caught up in a couple of incidents the entire season so thats a credit to everyone as the racing was real close all season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 10:51:41 PM »
More race results in the first post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 10:59:42 PM »
And here are the final SEASON STATS

Best average finish: Marty, 4.4
Most wins: Matthew, 4
Most podiums: Matthew, 9
Most fastest laps: Marty, 8
Most consistent: Matthew, 3
Hunter: Marty and Matthew, 5
Hunted: Bacchulum and Freezer, 3
Busiest: Jeremy and Matthew, 3
Loneliest: Rob, 4

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 11:09:25 PM »
Mixed night for me. Race one was solid if unspectacular as planned. Race two started the same but during an ambitious pass in T1 I suddenly found myself flying off track   :( . So started race three from near the front which turned to the front as result of a good start. Hoped to have a bit of time to build a gap before the aliens forced their way passed everybody. Sadly i was surprise to have Marty pass me on lap 5 with the rest not far behind. Tried to make life as hard as possible for them but the lightest of touches to the rear of the car ended my run. Apologies to Bird whom I hit in my attempt to turn the car around, the stupid Toyota just does not have enough power to light up the rear wheels. 

Really enjoyed the season, thx Wally.

Congratulations to Marty for winning the Championship.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 11:20:05 PM by Mael »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 11:14:49 PM »
I thought it was one of the best seasons we've had for a while. You always seemed to be in the thick of the action, with lots of close pack racing. The reverse grid format and the slow, predictable cars really helped with that.

The car itself was a little sluggish, often feeling liked it bogged down without a 2.5 gear, but you could still get it a bit sideways so I didn't mind it overall.

The racing was excellent overall, I thought. Given the closeness of the cars and the reverse grid format, this was real "rubbin' racing", and pretty clean mostly.

My races tonight were action packed as always. Race 3 was a bit of a shocker though. I got turned around with a rear hit on lap 1 and sent to the back of the pack, with some gap to the second last car. I fought all the way back to 10th over the next 6 laps only to get caught in someone else's loose moment and sent back to second last. It was such hard work to pass that was a bit of a frustrating see-saw. But I still had fun :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 12:12:00 AM »
Here is a short video of my first lap of the last race, kind of amazed I had 0 contacts this race as I decided to take some extra risk so credit to all around me for good close and clean racing.

Race 1 my average gap to the car ahead was .25 lol so no idea how I managed to sneak in the fastest lap in that hectic traffic. I had a bit more breathing room race 2 with average gap to car ahead of .45.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 08:09:56 AM »
Geez, you were flying at the start!

How many TV's do you watch at once? :)

Another great vid. Thanks.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 08:20:04 AM »
... Apologies to Bird whom I hit in my attempt to turn the car around, the stupid Toyota just does not have enough power to light up the rear wheels.  ...

No probs, mate!  I did not lose any positions I would not have lost anyway, I feel (the one to Grat)

Just don't call it stupid, this is the best car I've ever had!  And it can easily do donuts, I don't know what you're talking about. :D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 08:29:21 AM »
Geez, you were flying at the start!

How many TV's do you watch at once? :)

Another great vid. Thanks.
Hehe my thoughts too, always impressed with your videos, not too mention your driving prowess.
I just stay that close,  always worried about sliding, which happens  ;D
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 08:33:00 AM »
A great season Wally, although there are comments on the car, everyone had fantastic racing opportunities.
The reverse grid system guaranteed pole for me and really brought out my best racing trying to get every apex, make tough hut fair for the racers to overtake me.
The slower cars helped my slower driving :)
Thanks to all.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 09:02:19 AM »
Have you got yours yet bird
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 09:05:44 AM »
Fun season!! Heaps of very tight, close racing. Very forgiving car worked well for the reverse grids I thought.

Good racing last night, my best being race 3. I started up the front, got a good start and made my way into 2nd. I was surprised to see Marty behind me after about a lap, as his video showed!! Ended up getting passed by the Marty, Jeremy, Matthew gang then settled into 4th and watched the team mates battle it out for 2nd in front of me. Good stuff!!  :P

Cheers for running another brilliant season Wally!! Appreciate your work.
And congrats to Marty, Matthew and Jeremy for taking the top spots.
 :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal