Xtreme Gaming Network

April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance

Author Topic: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance  (Read 110116 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2015, 06:12:23 PM »
I think with this track it would be good if you could learn it in sections.  So if you could somehow concentrate on the first few km's, and then once that's done move onto the next few km's, etc.  I wonder if someone could cut it up and make it a point to point format for each section.

Thats how you learn it you get through the first section then to the next section and so on, if you overdrive and keep crashing then you will never learn the second half of the lap.  ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »
I did that at first.
I was sick of the first sector before I leant the last. :-[

2+2=√16

Rolz

« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2015, 06:25:34 PM »
so will there be a practice server up before the weekend? I have a few hours spare and was thinking I'd see if there would be online... driving online to single always yields different results for me.

Weird but true...

Edit - Found Marty's... now to find the password :-P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2015, 06:46:02 PM »
Ive added the pass to the 2nd post, surley not many non xgn guys will be visiting this forum, or at least I hope not.  ;D

Offline paps

• Never Trust A Hippy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2015, 08:00:27 PM »
This looks like fun,

Could I please reserve a Mclaren for the race?

Cheers
paps

Offline glynn

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2015, 08:06:39 PM »
hi guys glynn here I would like to come have some fun in the c7r please

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2015, 08:48:50 PM »
Heya Glynn (look out.. he fast!! ;D). Good to see you n Paps  :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2015, 11:06:31 PM »
Ok Glyn and Paps will be added to the entry list, I will need everyones GUID to set the server for the nite. I will get the current list off Wally but if any new guys are here can you pm me with your Guid thanks.

Also guys try and get Ptracker installed before the nite amd use the latest version, the guys running an older version of ptracker are showing incorrect splits and track checksum. 2.6.8 is needed with v1.1.4 of AC to work properly.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ptracker.3509/download?version=8731
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:19:32 PM by marty »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2015, 06:59:24 AM »
Well I don't think I made it around once without crashing last night.

Seeing as the race will take forever is it worth starting it a bit early,  like half an hour?  Also thinking that you may need to look at the session end delay after the winner finishes as others are likely to be quite a few minutes behind - especially those with damage!

Offline paps

• Never Trust A Hippy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2015, 07:39:21 AM »
Ok Glyn and Paps will be added to the entry list, I will need everyones GUID to set the server for the nite. I will get the current list off Wally but if any new guys are here can you pm me with your Guid thanks.

Also guys try and get Ptracker installed before the nite amd use the latest version, the guys running an older version of ptracker are showing incorrect splits and track checksum. 2.6.8 is needed with v1.1.4 of AC to work properly.

Thanks Marty,

I have the current version of pTracker already installed, but I'm not sure where I find this GUID?.. ???

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2015, 07:44:34 AM »

Thanks Marty,

I have the current version of pTracker already installed, but I'm not sure where I find this GUID?.. ???

It's in your race.ini under My Documents/Assetto Corsa blah blah....
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2015, 07:45:14 AM »

I sent you a PM Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2015, 08:09:59 AM »
Well I don't think I made it around once without crashing last night.

Seeing as the race will take forever is it worth starting it a bit early,  like half an hour?  Also thinking that you may need to look at the session end delay after the winner finishes as others are likely to be quite a few minutes behind - especially those with damage!

I will make the session end time very long so it should give all that want to finish a chance to do so. Race itself is only about an hour and half so quite similar to regular race nites, will do a 30 minute qualy which will give people a chance for at least 2 hotlaps. You need 18 minutes just about to get in a single lap. Start time any earlier and it may effect our West Aussie guys.

I dont think this is a GB track as he doesnt know how to back off and I dont think you will ever learn the second half of the lap if you dont make it there.  ;D

Its definatly not a track to over commit to corners, also you dont want a setup thats very unstable. That GTR took off like a rocket but I didnt think it was going to make the corners which it didnt.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2015, 08:10:25 AM »
Put me down please Marty in the Z4.

Not sure I will be able to make the full 10 laps but maybe if I take a rest break after each lap I could make it to the end :))

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2015, 08:58:53 AM »
Honestly I've made it around a few times without wrecking my car. I'm well off the pace though.

It's going to interesting to see how spread out the field gets. Might not even know the top 5 until marty has paperwork...
or will p tracker take care of that live?
(Haven't installed it yet)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal