Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: Silverstone International Chat

Author Topic: Round 2: Silverstone International Chat  (Read 77487 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Round 2: Silverstone International Chat
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2014, 03:48:17 PM »
Let go back to the 1st chicane at Imola. Just cause it's still fresk in my brain.. How for out would you say you stop acceleration? Do you coast before applying breaks?

No no no, never coast!   It's either braking or accelerating, anything in between is lost time.  I've started braking (for T1) just before the left-kink.  Applied throttle slightly after the car has started turning in (small throttle) and increased it to full by the 2nd part (right-hander) apex. Or if/when I took too much curb, then afterwards - but that's time lost right there.

Coming back to "no no no, never coast!" - I have to stay off the throttle in Stowe for a while until I get the front end of the car turning into the corner. Is this because you should have continued braking longer into the corner and then get onto the throttle? This is what I am trying to do but invariably come off the brake too early or brake too much.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »
I'll agree with you both.
There should never be 'coasting' between throttle and brake (and no overlap either) but sometimes 'coasting' between brake and throttle (re-application) is beneficial in settling the car, allowing you to re-applicate the throttle quicker. ;)

But all this is starting to get into 'style', for I know Bird and I disagree on the throttle/brake overlap issue. 8)
Listen to all, believe none until you've tried for yourself. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »
Cough yer, uh hum..... I'm doing 10's  8)
LOL
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2014, 05:19:31 PM »
Cough yer, uh hum..... I'm doing 10's  8)
LOL

Well Im doing 9's  ;)

I just tried some laps in the GRPA using Darrens setup and got 1:11.861 in the GPA and 1:09.865 in the DTM though both have quite a bit of room for improvement. I actually am struggling to get much more speed out of the softs in the DTM as I am only .7 slower on the hards after 20 laps and the softs are gone in about 5. May try and work some of his differences in setup towards my qualy setup in the DTM to hopefully gain a few more tenths closer to the WR laps.

With the coasting and brake overlap I think there are times in some cars where either is a benefit and I tend to adjust my style to suit the car quite a bit. With coasting in these cars I tend to a bit at sections like Aqua Minerali, or turn 4 Silverstone international where late braking just unsettles the car so better to come in smoother and stable then all out of control and if this means coasting to lose .05 to gain a much better exit then I will coast.

Im mostly a right foot braker but there are some corners in some cars where I will left foot brake on entry while on throttle to get the nose in without lifting off, also some real cars dont always give you the choice so I have pretty much got used to both methods but right foot still is my preferred style.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »
Hey Bird, you'll know, what's the max rear tyre temp.?
I got bored at 215C....  ???

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2014, 07:30:07 PM »

LOL, how would I know?  But I'll try next time I need something to do :D  215 is a good effort I guess. 

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2014, 08:06:32 PM »

LOL, how would I know?  But I'll try next time I need something to do :D  215 is a good effort I guess.
Whenever I'm in the pits and someone is doing doughies, more than likely it's you. ;) ;D
(that's with Group A mediums BTW)

2+2=√16

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2014, 09:41:05 PM »

Whenever I'm in the pits and someone is doing doughies, more than likely it's you. ;) ;D
(that's with Group A mediums BTW)
fair enough :D

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2014, 06:25:47 PM »
I see in this thread you guys are throwing down 9s...

Well I'm doing 7s....

2:07s  :P

Now come on. Seriously I'm doing i'm doing 1:15s quite consitant... ok shut up. It's not fast but I'm getting faster. 1:14 PB.

Been running a bit rich though.

Well, that's what doughnuts do to fuel consumption.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2014, 06:48:28 PM »
Are you any good at videos Dick? it would be really good to have a video-ist in the league.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2014, 07:05:56 PM »
Are you any good at videos Dick? it would be really good to have a video-ist in the league.

My poor old CPU can barely cope. it's too old to use the nvidia shadow play. well that's pretty much what the error tells me. Think I need 3.2ghz CPU. i'm 2.4
 I've had very poor results with free stuff. But yeah It's something I would enjoy doing.  :D
And the jerky replays from other cars pov. probably half bad code and half my old computer causing it?

I do some RL editing from time to time so I'm into it. I have too many hobbies.  ::)
Good at it? Pfft I wish.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2014, 10:16:21 PM »

I can make some videos from league races but with my issues last round I didnt even save the replay files, think I have everything sorted now so hope the only issues will be my lack of driving skills in the future races and not also dealing with technicle issues which were quite annoying to say the least.

Also the 500MB replay size limit means there will onoy be end of race footage until kunos does something about this.

Here are a couple of AC videos I made earlier but can make some actual race edits featuring race highlights
not just my own car.  ;)

[youtube]w-DZSiIqVno[/youtube]

[youtube]fWXJdC23--8[/youtube]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2014, 11:19:50 PM »
Nice. Some nice catches in there. That would be great if you had the time to put some race highlights together. Its never going to be as smooth from other cars as your own car, but it would still be good to mix it up a bit. Videos are good promo material too, with the appropriate tags.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2014, 08:54:08 AM »
What do you use to capture with Marty?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2014, 10:03:31 AM »
What do you use to capture with Marty?

NV shadow play works fairly well for me now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal