Xtreme Gaming Network

The Bend

Author Topic: The Bend  (Read 11866 times)

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: The Bend
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2021, 11:09:27 PM »
No, wasn't this weekend, yet to book the day

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2021, 02:11:42 PM »
ah, sorry, I obviously misunderstood the chat on Thursday night.. I thought you were book for Friday.

::)

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2021, 01:43:41 PM »
Went last Saturday and had a great time. Did about 40 laps on AC the day before (it was the West Cct) so sort of knew the way. It was in a road standard mustang with upgraded brakes, only used 2 gears (3rd & 4th) but was quite an eye opener. As a bloke at my age, I haven't driven at speed for a long time so I wasn't used to the G forces whilst cornering and braking. Also got to a speed I would never have been my entire life
(204kmh) down the straight, although on a wide straight didn't feel that quick. They also do rides as a passenger in a Porsche 911 GT3 racer so might try that later as I would imagine the G forces would be considerably greater. Made me realize that we really miss the g forces in our sims.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 01:53:26 PM by gawaterman »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2021, 02:17:42 PM »
Went last Saturday and had a great time. Did about 40 laps on AC the day before (it was the West Cct) so sort of knew the way. It was in a road standard mustang with upgraded brakes, only used 2 gears (3rd & 4th) but was quite an eye opener. As a bloke at my age, I haven't driven at speed for a long time so I wasn't used to the G forces whilst cornering and braking. Also got to a speed I would never have been my entire life
(204kmh) down the straight, although on a wide straight didn't feel that quick. They also do rides as a passenger in a Porsche 911 GT3 racer so might try that later as I would imagine the G forces would be considerably greater. Made me realize that we really miss the g forces in our sims.
It sounds like fun. Braking at the end of the long front straight would have been interesting.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2021, 03:30:51 PM »
It sounds like fun. Braking at the end of the long front straight would have been interesting.
[/quote]

Not really, as it has abs, the instructor just told me to brake as hard as possible, which I did, and it just braked really well. Mind you he was telling me when to brake, so maybe if it was up to me and I braked a lot later might have been more interesting.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2021, 05:18:34 PM »
Did you manage to scare the instructor GW? ;D
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2021, 06:08:54 PM »