Xtreme Gaming Network

S38R2 - Eastern Creek

Author Topic: S38R2 - Eastern Creek  (Read 13343 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S38R2 - Eastern Creek
« on: June 30, 2021, 09:24:28 AM »
Round 2 belonged to Dietmar, with a clean sweep of everything. Joe did second best, with 3 second places.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
Dietmar Raath   61
Joe   48
Bacchulum   42
Freezer   28
Wally   26
Phil.8   22
ab156   20
buellersdayoff   16
AGK   14
Mael   1

Penalties
None.

Season Standings
1. Dietmar Raath, 61
2. Bacchulum, 56
3. Joe, 48

Round 2 is at Eastern Creek (Gardner). The races will be 11 laps.

Restrictor for this round, for the top 5 with the biggest average race winning gaps:

Bacchulum 16
Dietmar 8
Freezer 5
Seanus 4
killagorilla 3

The practice server should assign you the appropriate restrictor.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 10:32:53 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
Re: S38R2 - Eastern Creek
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 11:55:26 AM »
I cannot grab the track says quota exceeded for the file. I grabbed a version of EC from RD (I think?) but it doesn't seem to line up with the server. I have tried the install to CM button on the download page on ASClub and it says the same error in CM.

edit - managed to find the file through the season 32 race 4 thread. http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=2812.0

Also I might need someone to tell me what settings/options to use with PLP in CM. There are a few things I am not sure about. Use start lights? Penalty values etc.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 12:37:18 PM by Sin »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2021, 01:15:09 PM »
Also I might need someone to tell me what settings/options to use with PLP in CM. There are a few things I am not sure about. Use start lights? Penalty values etc.
Does that mean you got the app working now? You don't have to (and in fact shouldn't) change any settings. You just run it, put it wherever you want on the screen, and then just leave it. It basically reports track cuts to the server, as well as showing you a warning when you've cut the track and gained time.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 01:40:06 PM »
I got the track installed. However the PLP when unzipped (7zip) says "Warnings: There are some data at the end of the payload data", I cannot see the flag icon (I am guessing that is what it is after watching an install vid on youtube) and although the app shows checked in both the CM and AC generic versions I cannot get it to show in the apps selector RHS. Sorry to be a pain.

I am the edit master - Edit - Extracting via 7zip app via start menu instead of right click on file extract to "name of archive" seems to have done the trick. Dropped into AC folder and checked via CM and AC vanilla and the app now show the PLP as selectable in App Manager RHS in game. I will shuddup now.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 01:51:27 PM by Sin »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 02:07:28 PM »
I got the track installed. However the PLP when unzipped (7zip) says "Warnings: There are some data at the end of the payload data", I cannot see the flag icon (I am guessing that is what it is after watching an install vid on youtube) and although the app shows checked in both the CM and AC generic versions I cannot get it to show in the apps selector RHS. Sorry to be a pain.

I am the edit master - Edit - Extracting via 7zip app via start menu instead of right click on file extract to "name of archive" seems to have done the trick. Dropped into AC folder and checked via CM and AC vanilla and the app now show the PLP as selectable in App Manager RHS in game. I will shuddup now.
No worries - with PCs there's a huge amount of ways things can be different or go wrong!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 02:09:08 PM »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 03:58:15 PM »
The restrictor is a bit of a bitch, 'cause I didn't win because I was fast, just because I made no mistakes. :(
I'll wear it, though if you guys drive cleaner I'm screwed. :o

2+2=√16

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 04:02:38 PM »
Ditto, but with bells on.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 04:12:08 PM »
The restrictor is a bit of a bitch, 'cause I didn't win because I was fast, just because I made no mistakes. :(
I'll wear it, though if you guys drive cleaner I'm screwed. :o
Well, the end result is that the field was spread out in front. The guy that wins is the guy that takes the least time, whether it's through pace or consistency. The little bit of restrictor will make it a bit closer. The restrictor will go up and down round to round anyway.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 10:02:52 AM »
Anyone else getting checksum error on practice server?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 10:27:28 AM by doobs »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 12:36:04 PM »
Yes - there had been an update to the track. I've updated the server with the latest version from the download link: https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/eastern-creek-raceway.html

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2021, 01:10:45 PM »
Yes - there had been an update to the track. I've updated the server with the latest version from the download link: https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/eastern-creek-raceway.html

Yay, that's the ticket. I'd already reinstalled the track so the server must have still been behind. All good now.
Thanks Wally. I hope to race Tuesday, but I'm not counting on it. Working and travelling don't allow me the time. If I think I can make it I'll register and see you there. :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2021, 01:52:16 PM »
Here's my Phillip Island setup, for anyone interested.
Probably more tweakages to come over the weekend......

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2021, 09:52:01 PM »
A lot of testing a lot of changes, mainly ride heights and roll bars, but essentially ended up close to what I had with just minor tweaks.
Will do some more work sometime in the weekend, probably with less Absynthe involved......

2+2=√16

Offline Alphonso_Timmins

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2021, 12:52:56 PM »
Well I think you should have more absinth-fuelled setups because this one feels great!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal