Xtreme Gaming Network

S38R4 - Calder Park

Author Topic: S38R4 - Calder Park  (Read 10589 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S38R4 - Calder Park
« on: July 13, 2021, 11:45:03 PM »
It was Freezer's round, with pole and three race wins, moving him up into 2nd place in the standings. With Bacchulum missing and two podiums, Mael moves up into 3rd place in the standings.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
Freezer   61
Mael   42
Joe   38
Seanus   36
AGK   28
Phil.8   18
Rob   16
Dietmar Raath   14
Doobs   14
Wally   7

Penalties
None.

Season Standings
1. Dietmar Raath, 146
2. Freezer, 135
3. Mael, 113

Round 4 is at Calder Park. Races are 17 laps. The Calder Park race was in July. Near Melbourne. So it will be cold.

Restrictor
Dietmar Raath   14
buellersdayoff   7
Bacchulum   3
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 11:08:56 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S38R4 - Calder Park
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 11:48:50 PM »
Awwe how do I have even more restrictor haha. I got lucky first race to get a gap but then I got 11th and 7th. I assuming if you're averaging the gap to 6th across the races, and I came less than 6th the 2nd two races it's only basing it on the first?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:52:19 PM by Joe »

Offline Alphonso_Timmins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 07:26:43 AM »
A 41% restrictor?! Haha this is gonna hurt.  :o

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 08:25:34 AM »
Awwe how do I have even more restrictor haha. I got lucky first race to get a gap but then I got 11th and 7th. I assuming if you're averaging the gap to 6th across the races, and I came less than 6th the 2nd two races it's only basing it on the first?
My spreadsheet wasn't really dealing well with cases like yours, where you were both above 6th and below 6th. I've changed it now to average your gaps to 6th, taking into account your negative gaps when you're below 6th (like when you finished last). E.g. your average gap to 6th was now less than a second. The new restrictors are in the first post. Some went up a tiny bit, but yours is reduced now because of your finishes below 6th.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 09:02:07 AM »
My spreadsheet wasn't really dealing well with cases like yours, where you were both above 6th and below 6th. I've changed it now to average your gaps to 6th, taking into account your negative gaps when you're below 6th (like when you finished last). E.g. your average gap to 6th was now less than a second. The new restrictors are in the first post. Some went up a tiny bit, but yours is reduced now because of your finishes below 6th.

Thanks Wally. I always appreciate the effort you make in trying to make things different and close up field, but last night wasn't that enjoyable for me with the amount of restrictor I had. (R1 was some lucky getting a big gap)

Though my lap times were similar, but it made actual racing near impossible and I slowly dropped down the field with nothing I could do about it until I was in last place. R3 I only got up to 7th due to others making more serious mistakes.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 10:27:31 AM »
To be honest, I'm not real happy with the way the gap to 6th thing is working out. I reckon I'll go back to what I've done in the past, basing the restrictor on your best lap times (say average of your 4 best times).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 10:48:57 AM by Wally »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 10:27:57 AM »
Joe caught testing the updated Formula Ford. Sadly there was no improvement made to its handling.

Haha nah I don't drive anything as exotic. I bought this boring ol' family car the other day. It's actually pretty nice to drive though.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 11:37:52 AM »
To be honest, I'm not real happy with the way the gap to 6th thing is working out. I reckon I'll go back to what I've done in the past, basing the restrictor on your best lap times (say average of your 4 best times).

Nooooo!!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 01:57:11 PM »
Joe caught testing the updated Formula Ford. Sadly there was no improvement made to its handling.

Haha nah I don't drive anything as exotic. I bought this boring ol' family car the other day. It's actually pretty nice to drive though.

Always funny to see what someone actually looks like compared to what you think they look like from talking online!!  :) :)
Yes, Joe, you look nothing like I imagined based on your voice!!!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 02:13:14 PM »
Always funny to see what someone actually looks like compared to what you think they look like from talking online!!  :) :)

Haha yeah we all know each other immediately by voice (apart from Rob), but could all be in the same room together and have no idea.

That's the first new car I ever bought and they made do the photo thing. I was like I'm not very photogenic are you sure.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2021, 03:06:58 PM »
 :P

Hey Joe, I'm old, give me a break.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2021, 03:22:04 PM »
I don't know anyone by voice, that's why I never say names, just "evenin'". :P

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2021, 03:23:20 PM »

Haha yeah we all know each other immediately by voice (apart from Rob), but could all be in the same room together and have no idea.

That's the first new car I ever bought and they made do the photo thing. I was like I'm not very photogenic are you sure.
Are you going to keep the bow on it?

I know everyone's voice, but for some reason I get AB and Bueller mixed up.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »
Wally, I think I remember years ago we posted head shots to see if we could name them.
Might be good for a laugh...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal