Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run - GTs at Mugello

Author Topic: Fun run - GTs at Mugello  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Fun run - GTs at Mugello
« on: August 19, 2021, 07:25:25 AM »
Cars: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-WmKAjMOetAUIBMOyLEzFPonH1fRKZPj/view?usp=sharing

A few sprints to see what you think of these as a season candidate.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
Re: Fun run - GTs at Mugello
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 07:40:29 PM »
Cars: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-WmKAjMOetAUIBMOyLEzFPonH1fRKZPj/view?usp=sharing

A few sprints to see what you think of these as a season candidate.
I can't join, but I hate these cars. They have a roof, and I can't see the front tyres, and I'm 3 seconds off the pace and not likely to make up even half of that.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 07:41:34 PM »
I can join now, but I'm sure I'll still feel the same way about the cars.  LOL

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 11:08:36 PM »
These cars were a lot of fun. Bloody hard to drive and they required a lot of thinking to work out how to drive quickly, imho so much better than the more modern mash and bash cars with their fancy ABS & traction control 🤪

The Lamborghini felt like it was trying to kill me at every corner but once I worked out how to carry the speed it became to feel rather compliant but alway ready to throw me in the fence if I didn’t respect it.

The 550 was a lot faster but no where near rewarding but required a totally different attitude to the Lamborghini.

The Lister was built in a shed and drove like some of the go-fast hits has been left in the shed when the car was rolled out onto the track. Mighty under brakes and to the apex but slow in every other spect…

These cars could make a good series.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2021, 12:33:58 AM »
Good nights racing.  As Brad said, you had to drive them the right way but once worked that out you could lean on them pretty hard and
have some good racing.  I liked the Saleen which with some tweaks was pretty solid.  The 550 was probably quicker that the 575 but the 575 was
easier to drive across the kerbs etc.  All up I'm keen to do a season in these.... :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 08:07:13 AM »
Yes, I think these would make a good season.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal