Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 39 (GT1) Sign Up and Info

Author Topic: Season 39 (GT1) Sign Up and Info  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Season 39 (GT1) Sign Up and Info
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 09:33:42 PM »
I though Wally turned the checksum thingamajig off?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 09:34:35 PM »
:-\ checksum with half the cars, even after delete and reinstall. Anyway these things feel like driving a porsche or something, they just want to snap turn around and unable to tune it out  ::)
Yeah, the checksum thing has been weird. Some people have had problems, some people have had no such checksum errors. I've removed the checksums from the practice server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2021, 09:39:16 AM »
:-\ checksum with half the cars, even after delete and reinstall. Anyway these things feel like driving a porsche or something, they just want to snap turn around and unable to tune it out  ::)

I know what you mean about these things being nervous, I was finding the Lamborghini like this but I found by lowering the car all round and staying off the curbs made a big difference. For me the hardest thing to get my head around was being smooth with putting the power down because I was originally struggling from spinning up the wheels on a curb and then going backwards into a fence

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2021, 09:56:15 AM »
The viper is the worst, it's like it does a compression lock up with every down shift, I try tuning it out but can't.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2021, 03:31:10 PM »
where did the tyres come from, iracing? or the previous formula season?

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2021, 05:36:07 PM »
where did the tyres come from, iracing? or the previous formula season?

I suspect you were being rhetorical but above the header for every physics file is this ';Copyright & Proprietary Race Sim Studio'.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2021, 06:01:58 PM »
Not a stab at you sorry, but I couldn't get used to those formula cars and I don't think I can with these either, they definitely feel like iracing tyres though. I went and drove a few laps in kunos gt3 and it felt "ac normal"

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2021, 06:57:53 PM »
Not a stab at you sorry, but I couldn't get used to those formula cars and I don't think I can with these either, they definitely feel like iracing tyres though. I went and drove a few laps in kunos gt3 and it felt "ac normal"

Did a few laps on a public server in the Lotus 98T around old Silverstone. Added some aero and what fun that was  :) So yeah I agree our last few cars were tricky beasts, comes and goes with the seasons, next time we'll be doing the MX5 and complaining its too boring!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2021, 08:24:57 PM »

Did a few laps on a public server in the Lotus 98T around old Silverstone. Added some aero and what fun that was  :) So yeah I agree our last few cars were tricky beasts, comes and goes with the seasons, next time we'll be doing the MX5 and complaining its too boring!
Well I quite like the Saleen . . .   I think its horses for courses, I certainly do better in some cars more than others!

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2021, 09:01:35 PM »
Initially I did a bunch of laps in the viper, it's horrible. Then tried some others, not much better. Then went with the saleen with bacchulum works set, still deadly but can match server times. Then swapped the sounds with the C7 mod, which I think swapped tyre sounds, so much more enjoyable now.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2021, 09:06:52 PM »

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2021, 09:14:28 PM »
next time we'll be doing the MX5 and complaining its too boring!

As we already know it's boring, (but I cured that), I would hope we would not run it again.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 09:42:48 PM by Seanus »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal