Xtreme Gaming Network

S39R7 - Algarve

Author Topic: S39R7 - Algarve  (Read 5905 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S39R7 - Algarve
« on: October 19, 2021, 10:49:51 PM »
With two more wins, AGK's lead in the championship looks unassailable, scoring 15 more points than his nearest rival, Joe.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
AGK   33
Wally   21
Joe   18
Freezer   17
Seanus   14
Rob   8
Mael   7
Bacchulum   0

Penalties
None.

Season Standings
1. AGK, 187
2. Joe, 153
3. Wally, 94

Track: https://assettomods.com/algrave-international-reboot-project/

The weather for race 1 is mild (22), but getting hotter for race 2 (29).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 10:28:49 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S39R7 - Algarve
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 08:46:28 AM »
The track limits aren't very well defined here - all those asphalt run off areas are marked as valid track, so PLP won't pick them up. You can substantially alter the radius of many corners by going wildly off track on the asphalted areas. I ask that you make your best effort to respect the track limits and stay within the clearly marked white lines.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 08:30:38 PM »
Well that's not easy! Did an okay time but its hard keeping it on the track

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 10:29:14 PM »
The real goal is to make sure everyone's playing by the same rules, so it's easier in that case to say any line not penalised by PLP is valid. There's a lot of off-track asphalt you can use in that case.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 10:29:09 AM »
I saw your comment on that but I couldn't really see anywhere you'd get an advantage? My lap was all in bounds. Maybe the final turn carrying more speed and going out wide?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 11:14:24 AM »
From memory, there's a tight left hander somewhere where you can run out nice and wide on the outside and really increase the corner radius. And maybe there's another double right hander?

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 11:40:43 AM »
;) Replacement .kn5 to enable PLP. Extract to the tracks folder and overwrite. Mismatch free!!!!  ;)

Green and Blue tarmac is low grip, then beyond that is marked as invalid track.

Green/Blue uses the existing surface CARPET, and beyond that uses the surface CUT. Good fortune as that means the fix can be mismatch free.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 02:06:39 PM »
;) Replacement .kn5 to enable PLP. Extract to the tracks folder and overwrite. Mismatch free!!!!  ;)

Green and Blue tarmac is low grip, then beyond that is marked as invalid track.

Green/Blue uses the existing surface CARPET, and beyond that uses the surface CUT. Good fortune as that means the fix can be mismatch free.
While I appreciate the effort, I don't really like the idea as it can't be enforced that everyone either as it or doesn't have it. We'd be driving on slightly different tracks.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2021, 11:29:04 AM »
"An OK time". Three seconds faster than anyone else. Yeah, I suppose that's OK  :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2021, 03:44:05 PM »
"An OK time". Three seconds faster than anyone else. Yeah, I suppose that's OK  :)

Haha that time was last night. My comment was from the night before. Can't keep that pace up though too easy to cook the softs

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2021, 06:50:27 PM »
Server's up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2021, 10:29:54 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to champion-elect, AGK on two more race wins, despite having two other race leaders in race 2.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2021, 08:40:54 AM »
Race 1 got a poor start and AGK took the lead. Our pace was pretty much the same and and gap didn't really change. I pitted a lap earlier hoping to undercut but had a bad outlap and AGK came out right infront of me and we remained close till the end.

Race 2 AGK made a few little mistakes and I got past. We pitted together and he came in way faster than I did and drove though me in the pitlane exactly as I did last week haha. He was also nice enough to give the place back when we exited. I stayed ahead and was lapping faster and increasing the gap until 6 mins to go where I spun all of my own eventually coming 4th.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2021, 09:23:50 AM »
I'm not sure how I jagged 2nd place in race 2. I was 5th when I pitted, and then somehow ended up 2nd a couple of laps later. Joe spun somewhere, and I passed Seanus & Freezer when they pitted after me.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2021, 10:21:21 AM »
I'm not sure how I jagged 2nd place in race 2. I was 5th when I pitted, and then somehow ended up 2nd a couple of laps later. Joe spun somewhere, and I passed Seanus & Freezer when they pitted after me.

Undercut is pretty strong on the softs as they get up to temp so fast. I had a little moment just before my pitstop in race 1 and was 3 or so seconds behind AGK, had what I felt was a bad outlap and he still only just made it out infront of me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal