Xtreme Gaming Network

S42R3 - Concordia

Author Topic: S42R3 - Concordia  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S42R3 - Concordia
« on: May 10, 2022, 10:57:25 PM »
Round 3 saw two wins by Rolz, with Seanus taking out race 3, holding onto the lead the whole way. The round was won by Rolz, moving him 5 places up into 5th place. Courtesy of the drop round, Joe maintains his lead in the standings, 4 points ahead of both Mael and Brad.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
Rolz   49
bradc   44
Mael   39
Wally   38
Seanus   36
AGK   35
Rob   31
Doobs   26
Joe   0
Freezer   0
Bacchulum   0

Penalties
None.

Season Standings
1. Joe, 89
2. Mael & Brad, 85
3. Wally & Rolz, 82

This round is at Autodromo Ciudad de Concordia. The track download is in the track pack.

The races will be 11 laps.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 10:38:41 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S42R3 - Concordia
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 09:39:07 PM »
Well after writing off the Mondeo last week, I've had a little bit of help and now I've got a whole new chassis complete with some new colours for the rest of the season in the form of my EcoBoost '16 LeMans winning tribute livery

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/xrc7ov71lxvyt1jtpj529/h?dl=0&rlkey=in54ha311osam7auvsj0kskjf

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 12:29:16 PM »
Another round I'll miss. >:(
I've blown out my shin muscle, can't even walk let alone operate pedals.
Hopefully it'll be right by next week (or I won't be eating either).

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 12:45:25 PM »
Another round I'll miss. >:(
I've blown out my shin muscle, can't even walk let alone operate pedals.
Hopefully it'll be right by next week (or I won't be eating either).
Oy yoy yoy. I hope you heal up quick.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 01:27:51 PM »
Hopefully my brain will one day remember that my body is 50 years old and not try to put away 3 tonnes of stock in 6 hours again. ::)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 07:09:45 PM »
Server's up.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 08:00:18 PM »
Sorry gents but I won't be making it tonight as I have a bit of a flu going on.  Shame, I liked this track.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 08:30:42 PM »
Sorry gents but I won't be making it tonight as I have a bit of a flu going on.  Shame, I liked this track.
Bummer! Get better soon.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 10:39:47 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to Rolz on the round win, with pole position, 2 race wins and 3 x fastest laps.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2022, 07:30:43 AM »
Hopefully my brain will one day remember that my body is 50 years old and not try to put away 3 tonnes of stock in 6 hours again. ::)
Speedy recovery Bacckulum :)
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 09:25:20 AM »
Race 1: watching AGK in my mirrors the whole way.

Race 3: staying in Seanus' mirrors the whole way after he jumped me at the start.

Race 2: I think my spin after bumping Rob was my fault. I missed the apex a bit, went a bit straighter, and bumped into Rob who was turning beside me. If I would have hugged the apex more, we would have gone around side by side.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2022, 02:19:08 PM »
Race 1 - got a good start and sat behind Mael until he made a mistake at the chicane but by then Rolz was 6sec's up the road. My pace was stronger in the last couple of laps but the gap was just too much and I finished 3.7s behind

Race 2 - got a bad start from 7th and found myself cruising around behind doobs who was driving very well and positioning his car in just the right places so that I could not get past. By the time I waited out a mistake from doobs I was about 10s behind the leading Rolz and Mael and so I gave it a bit of a push to see if I could catch them, however when the fuel light came on with 3 laps to go so I had to back off and conserve fuel, finishing with just 0.21lts

Race 3 - I got a better start and managed to miss all the mess on the opening 2 laps to go from 6th to 3rd. I then sat in behind Wally and that was it for the rest of the race. I was faster in the braking zones, however I could never get a little more than a slight overlap and nothing substantial enough for a 'clean' pass. I pushed very hard in the dying laps, however there was nothing I could do.

A good night of hard and fair racing. Tonight I found the straights were a little too short for a drafting pass and when I had a braking advantage (into the chicane and final corner) the road wasn't wide enough to make a pass. My only lingering concern with these cars is that whist the tyres are cold you can make up a lot of places, however once they warm up it becomes rather processional as you wait/hope for the car ahead to make a mistake.....it will be interesting to see if this pattern continues or changes for the next round.   

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2022, 07:39:14 PM »
Sorry I didnt make it, daughter was in hospital for 3 days and I seem to have picked up the flu spending the nights there with her. She's home and getting better but I seem to be getting worse. Right now I'd rather work that feel this lousy.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2022, 08:14:55 PM »
Sorry I didnt make it, daughter was in hospital for 3 days and I seem to have picked up the flu spending the nights there with her. She's home and getting better but I seem to be getting worse. Right now I'd rather work that feel this lousy.
That doesn't sound good. I hope everyone's getting better.
Bacchulum - busted shin
Freezer - flu
Joe - flu

Get well soon!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2022, 08:41:39 PM »
And today you can add shit-bad toothache to my ailments, and no money for a dentist >:( >:( >:( >:(
I'm starting to feel over this 'living' thing......

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal