Xtreme Gaming Network

S42R5 - Parana

Author Topic: S42R5 - Parana  (Read 3102 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S42R5 - Parana
« on: May 24, 2022, 10:52:24 PM »
Three different race winners - AGK, Freezer and Brad. I got pole, and Brad, Mael and I got fastest laps. When the points dust settled, the round was a tie between AGK and Freezer. There is no change at the top of the season standings, but Brad has extended his lead a little.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
AGK   46
Freezer   46
bradc   44
Wally   41
Mael   31
Rob   29
Doobs   28
Seanus   0
Joe   0
Rolz   0
Bacchulum   0

Penalties
Race 1
I locked my brakes a bit and went straight, squeezing Brad off the track and then bouncing into Mael – so I’ll take some penalty restrictor for not leaving enough racing room in the 1st two corners.

Season Standings
1. Brad, 184
2. Wally, 169
3. Mael, 166

Round 5 is at Autódromo Ciudad de Paraná, Argentina. The track download is in the track pack.

Races are 13 laps.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 10:41:41 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S42R5 - Parana
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 04:39:32 PM »
Oh man, what a track!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2022, 08:22:49 AM »
Oh man, what a track!
Is that good or bad???
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2022, 09:36:43 AM »
Oh man, what a track!
Is that good or bad???
OK, it's on the good side of the ledger. High speed!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 06:29:19 PM »
Server's up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 10:42:07 PM »
Results are up. Congrats to AGK and Freezer who tied for round honours.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 10:50:19 PM »
That wasn’t too bad a track, if only turn 2 had some banking (which would have made 2-wide racing a lot better) and that chicane wasn’t there I would have loved this place. It’s a shame the grid numbers are so low as these cars are really good in close combat.

Race 1 - I’d love to see a replay of the start of race one because I felt I was run off the road, but the video might show otherwise. I then fought hard to recover and made it back to 2nd.

Race 2 - During the race was able to get side by side with AGK but couldn’t safely make a move which wouldn’t result in contact, in the end I tried to out brake into turn 2 and contact meant I was off cutting grass again. After watching the video it shows that I tried to drive into a gap which wasn’t there and should have backed off to fight another day. The charge back from near last was a lot of fun as you could get super close without really hurting the tyres so it was a lot of fun.towards the end of this race I was unable to pass Mael for the win however when it spun at the final corner I tried to avoid him but the back of this car sent me into a spin sending up back to the rear. The race back to the front was a lot of fun, but we would have needed about 10 more laps for that to happen gifting Freezer the win.

Race 3 - I had some good battles the opening lap running 3 wide was sensational. I kept my nose clean and was able to get a good lead and despite a couple of close shaves as the tyres got a little worn and I managed to pull off a win!  From the rear view mirror it looked like Freezer and AGK were having a tremendous battle, until  one of them appeared to spin. For this race I tried a setup change (a lot more ARB) and whilst it gave me better tyre life I found the car very twitchy under power down at the apex.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 02:00:19 PM by bradc »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 11:36:10 PM »
Race 1
I locked my brakes a bit and went straight, squeezing Brad off the track and then bouncing into Mael – so I’ll take some penalty restrictor for not leaving enough racing room in the 1st two corners.

Did not realise there was contact between you and Brad Wally. Thought you just did not notice me an on the inside and turned in. You should regard your penalty cancelled by my mistake in the third race, that was a bad one by me.

Was a tough track for pole sitter, they would always be under pressure at turn 2 as the drivers behind will benefit from the draft.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 07:44:59 AM »
Race 1 - I’d love to see a replay of the start of race one because I felt I was run off the road, but the video might show otherwise. I then fought hard to recover and made it back to 2nd.
What happened was that I was a little in front of you and to the left approaching the corner. I locked the brakes a touch which saw me go straight instead of turning left and that's when we had side to side contact as you ran out of room.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 02:04:49 PM »
Was a tough track for pole sitter, they would always be under pressure at turn 2 as the drivers behind will benefit from the draft.

I yep, I had plenty of pressure during the night with cars very close on the exit of the last turn and they would more often than not they'd be ready to pass by the braking zone of that corner, but getting by cleanly was the extremely difficult part! I think if that turn 2 had some banking that would have allowed for a bit cleaning racing, but granted you, Freezer and I had an epic battle through there on the opening lap of race 3.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal