Xtreme Gaming Network

GT2 server up to collect lap times

Author Topic: GT2 server up to collect lap times  (Read 48577 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: GT2 server up to collect lap times
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2016, 08:01:56 PM »
Thanks Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »
Hey Marty. I had to kick a guy today on the gt2 server (cut the chicane and then crashed into the pack on the other side. No reply to request of explanation, Checked replay. Came back. Kicked.). I just used \kick "name" . Is that the correct command you wish me to use in these cases? Or should I use one of the fancy /st commands?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2016, 08:25:19 PM »
Bit of a mess in there tonight. 2 races on a row was ne front of grid and got rammed off at t1. Second time it happened i just quit.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2016, 10:11:51 PM »
Hey Marty. I had to kick a guy today on the gt2 server (cut the chicane and then crashed into the pack on the other side. No reply to request of explanation, Checked replay. Came back. Kicked.). I just used \kick "name" . Is that the correct command you wish me to use in these cases? Or should I use one of the fancy /st commands?

You can use any method to kick, if you have ptracker this is easiest way to kick. I have also noticed AB minorating level seems to have dropped a fair bit. The numbers in the servers are raising too bit seems to be at the expense of quality so Ive been trying to get Minolin to allow A only but its not currently possible.

If I see anyone blatantly chicane cutting in stracker I will add them to the blacklist. My pc was playing up so I didnt run many races but there was some fairly crappy racing in there while I was in.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2016, 08:51:17 AM »
23.   Bacchulum   Chevrolet Corvette C7R   01:47.710
24.   Bacchulum   Ferrari 458 GT2   01:47.951
25.   Bacchulum   BMW M3 GT2   01:47.974   

Pretty close now for me, Wally. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2016, 12:44:45 PM »
I am still fastest in the 458, and have been in all combos. If we run a season in these, I think my car choice is made.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »
Even though I'm slowest in the BMW, I have one painted in Aleph Null colours, so my choice is made. ???

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »
Even though I'm slowest in the BMW, I have one painted in Aleph Null colours, so my choice is made. ???
Can't beat that logic :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2016, 11:08:26 PM »
Maybe a track change for this test, I think a fast track such as Spa, Monza or Mugello. If the track goes to Spa or Monza then also maybe make the soft tyres the option instead of the Mediums. I will do some offline tests tomorrow and see which tyres dont burn out and can get closer to optimal at those tracks or whichever of the 3 seems most popular.

I know Aloog seems to have a permanent Spa server in these so that kind of turns me off but it would also get some better data as many likely have setups for the cars there and so should have some more pace.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2016, 12:03:32 AM »
I just loaded up the Imola data. The Ferrari and BMW are pretty balanced here, but the Corvette needs more ballast here as more people are faster in the Corvette than any other car. So far, averaging out the ballasts that are needed at each of the 3 tracks, you get:

Corvette: 63 kg
Ferrari: 28 kg

I'd say, with all the data we've gathered at the variety of tracks and with all the variablity from person to person and track to track, that's going to be good enough.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2016, 09:10:15 AM »
Shame another season of horrible cars
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2016, 09:23:08 AM »

I've not driven them that much but I share the sentiment. Hoping racing them against others will be more fun.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2016, 09:35:05 AM »
Wally said we'll have a poll. Perhaps you still have hopes ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2016, 09:47:13 AM »
There will be a poll, which I'll put up tonight. Some people like GT cars, some people like open wheelers, some people like road cars. You just have to keep mixing it up. The season before last was open wheelers - the Ferrari/Lotus season.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2016, 10:29:12 AM »
I know, I am just a grumpy old man :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal