Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R6: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R6: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat  (Read 20025 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S13R6: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat
« on: September 06, 2016, 08:59:14 PM »
RACE RESULTS

Lap 1 Penalties
Race 1, Grat ran into the back of Insomniac - penalty.
Bacchulum hit the rear of Hornbag, but only Bacchulum lost any kind of position, so no penalty.

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood    69
Grat    65
Matthew111    62
Marty    60
Jeremy    56
Bafs17    55
Rob LTD    54
hylas    49
Insomniac    49
Wally    47
Joe    46
Phil.8    45
Mael    39
Freezer    36
Bacchulum    34
slideways    27
Rob    25
Hornbag    20
Humper    14

Congratulations to Guybrush and Grat on the race wins, and Guybrush on the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Matthew, 318
2. Jeremy, 299
3. Marty, 297

Matthew pulled a little further clear of Jeremy, while Marty made some ground on Jeremy.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:51:58 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline slideways

• View Profile
Re: S13R6: Silverstone International Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 10:03:26 PM »
+1
Apart from the blown engine 3 laps from home in race 3, it was an excellent night. Had some great battles without any contact and managed to get through the few incidents ahead without a scratch... :D ;)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 10:24:34 PM »
First 2 races were uneventful and a bit boring. Was 3rd on the grid and in the Skyline so can get away quick and out in front a bit. Wasn't in a position to challenge anyone, made quite a few mistakes and just waited for faster people to catch me. I think I came 9th in R1 and around 7th on R2.

Starting 7th in R3 the fast people got past quickly, and after that had some really great fun racing. Was in a bit of a battle with Freezer and Mael until I gave Freezer a bump coming into the chicane at the end of the lap. Sorry dude, don't think I really accounted for you battling with Mael. That let Slideways and Rob past me, and a few laps later Rob and I were side by side up hangar straight but Rob lost his back end and came across the track with me just nipping through.

After that was just behind Slideways and Freezer, then Wally caught up and joined the fun. Slideways blew his engine at the end of hangar straight with 2 or 3 laps to go, unlucky mate, and Freezer Wally and myself fought it out until the end of the race. Not sure where I placed as was having way more fun than the first 2 races.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 10:52:14 PM »
Results in 1st post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 11:00:36 PM »
My races were excellent tonight, even if I didn't get my best points haul. The car felt beautiful here. In all 3 races, I bogged down at the start, shifting into 2nd, and got fairly swamped especially in races 1 and 2.

In race 1, I benefited from missing a couple of spinners early on, and found myself in 4th before Marty and Matthew caught up, then I passed Joe and Bafs and finished the race in 4th, which was my best result this season.

Race 2, near the end, I may have shut the door on Mael coming into the Club Corner chicane. He was probably just far enough up the inside and had I been a little more aware, I should have given him room - sorry about that. It took quite a while to get past the ballasted cars of Bacchulum and Freezer, all the time with Insomniac applying mirror pressure too, and finally he passed me at the end of Hangar Straight in a good drive.

Race 3, on about lap 5, I clipped a sausage kerb at The Link  in a tight pack with Phil and Bacchulum, and it bounced my car into Bacchulum who was busy battling Phil. Unfortunately, it spun us both, putting us to the back of the pack, and from there it was catch up. Like Joe said, I hooked on the back of the Freezer, Slideways, Joe train, and we had a great little pack going for quite a while. I got my car's nose inside Joe's a few times, but couldn't find a way past. I had plenty of opportunities to examine rear bumpers tonight. You have to say, the netcode is excellent for close racing now. It was a pity that Slideways blew his engine, because that would have been a fun pack to continue.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 11:05:41 PM »
Was some fun racing tonight but I had a shocker in the last one which spoiled the good battles we had that race.

Race 1 was a bit of a surprise as there was a bunch of 370's battling ahead onto the hanger straight. I got a great run onto it and a big draft from about 4 cars, there was a gap in the middle which I took and passed about 4 cars. From there I only had to pass a couple more but Guybrush was about 10 seconds ahead once I got to second. From there we traded race fastest laps til the end where I just snuck in and grabbed it but I dont rhink I gained even 1 second on him in our hotlap battle to the end.

Race 2 no such luck getting through the pack. I ended up behind a pretty big group lead by the overweight Bacchulum. Was some fun raving woth lots of guys there. By the time I made my way through that pack I was about 10 seconds to the next group I then went as hard as possible trying to sneak in a fastest lap and hope to catch someone. Again I got the lap on one of the last 2 but only just caught the pack on the last lap at the last chicane so didnt gain any more spots.

Race 3 got to 4th early but I just couldnt make a pass on Jeremy. I tried every lap but he defended well and stayed ahead. Finally Guybrush came up and gave me a team assist to make the move arpund half race dostance. I then said thanks by looping him at the last chicane just unable to stop in time as the gap closed and I was a bit too far back. I wasnt even trying to make a move just hoping Jeremy wouldnt get back ahead.

I then went back a bit and had a few pass before rejoining, managed to catch Guybrush and Jeremy in the last lap. It was toght with Jeremy ahead and I was side by side with Guybrush on my outside. I couldnt see the brake marker and again saw that ever closing gap that the heavy rx7 was not going to pull up in time. I spun Jeremy and after waiting for him to rejoin we both lost a bunch of spots before the line.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 09:48:33 AM »
another shocker, hate reverse grid, always taken out and hit, i obviously do it wrong by giving people room, time to get the arms out and put up with penalties 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:51:08 AM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 10:02:22 AM »
another shocker, hate reverse grid, always taken out and hit, i obviously do it wrong by giving people room, time to get the arms out and put up with penalties

For what it's worth, I appreciate your gentlemanly conduct on the track.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 10:06:36 AM »

Yeah take a leaf out of Grat's book ;)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 10:10:46 AM »
Makes me feel like giving my own payback , or race clean for lap 1 then get maniacal 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 10:14:14 AM »

:(((((( really unsure whether it's a compliment or a criticism... :(

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2016, 10:19:47 AM »

:(((((( really unsure whether it's a compliment or a criticism... :(

Haha maybe a bit of both. I just remember one overtake last night where you did force your way through a bit with some side by side contact, but hey that's racing I guess.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2016, 10:40:34 AM »
You know I'm not going to condone paybacks. Maybe have a private chat with the other guy and ask him to think about his moves. You have to watch the replay to see what really happened, as recollections are always clouded by the heat of the moment.

Or if you think it's really bad, PM me with race, lap and cars involved, and I can take a look myself.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »
The most enjoyable round for me probably with loads of action, overtakes and blocking.

In my opinion Freezer's races should be presented at the university of how to do defensive driving! Spend so much time in the packs behind him.

Race 2, near the end, I may have shut the door on Mael coming into the Club Corner chicane. He was probably just far enough up the inside

No problem Wally, you were slower into the corner than I expected so it was a late decision to go for the pass. I knew it was high risk. Some contact should be allowed in tintop racing, maybe not Grat level of contact but still  ;D 

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »
In my opinion Freezer's races should be presented at the university of how to do defensive driving! Spend so much time in the packs behind him.

No need to convince me. :D Seems I spent a whole lot of time chasing his bumper... ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal