Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R8: Eastern Creek Druitt Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R8: Eastern Creek Druitt Post-Race Chat  (Read 15121 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S13R8: Eastern Creek Druitt Post-Race Chat
« on: September 20, 2016, 10:04:43 PM »
RACE RESULTS, CHARTS and RIVALS

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood    71
Grat    65
Matthew111    65
Phil.8    64
Wally    57
Rob LTD    52
Bacchulum    48
Jeremy    48
Mael    48
Joe    46
hylas    44
Marty    44
Freezer    41
Bafs17    34
Humper    31
Hornbag    28
Flattop    9

Congratulations to Guybrush on two race wins, Matthew on a win and Guybrush on the round win.

FINAL SEASON PODIUM
Congratulations to Season 13 champion, Matthew.
1. Matthew, 438
2. Marty, 407
3. Jeremy, 403 (tied with Grat on points, but wins on countback, 3 wins to 2).

And some season statistics...

Most wins: Guybrush, 8
Most podiums: Guybrush, 10
Most fastest laps: Guybrush, 9
Most consistent: Guybrush, 5
Hunter: Marty, 5
Hunted: Freezer, 8
Busiest: Marty, 5
Loneliest: Hornbag, 6
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:46:32 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S13R8: Eastern Creek Druitt Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 10:20:05 PM »
Average night for me.  The 370z felt like a soggy sponge and I was just doing my best to keep it together.  Had a few tangles in race one and two which didn't help.  Race 3 I decided to flip my suspension settings in the opposite direction, had nothing to lose really!  Surprise surprise the car was better but I was starting from way down the back.  Got very lucky at the chicane at one point grabbing 4 spots in one go as people slid around but ultimately those speedy rx7's kept blowing me off down the straight.
Worst night for me but overall a good season.  Thanks once again to Wally, looking forward to the next one.

Offline Hornbag

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 10:22:45 PM »
Yeah Great work Wally , thanks for the season

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 10:25:13 PM »
Fun season Wally, good mix of cars and some good driving overall. Shame I missed race 1 but by the looks of it 3 wins and fastest laps would have had me behind Matthew who was solid all season.

Race 1 must have been great as I wasnt there.

Race 2, was a bit of fun getting through the pack. Had a good early battle with Jeremy with a fair bit of rubbing. It took a few laps to get him off my rear which he seemed to like rubbing up against a bit. :) Then I got a bit lucky with a few others getting together or having solo offs and managed to get into second. Last lap I snuck in a quicker one to take the fastest lap off Guybrush who seemed to be smelling the flowers or mowing the lawns. I was expecting an aerial stunt from him one of those laps but it didn't happen.

Race 3 seeing Guy pulled over and I had a good start getting ahead early. Then it looked like it may have been a solo session up front I went for a drive through. Pulled out in perfect position next to Guybrush, was some proper battles going on ahead so progress was slow. At one point I think I saw 3 rows of side by side cars into the entry of the chicane. It wasnt a surpise on the exit there were cars going every direction but straight. From there I struggled to make any passes and GB got a few spots ahead of me. I did have my save of the season late in the race as Mael gave me a near perfect tap in the rear exiting turn 2. I went to full lock catching the slide then worked hard to avoid the tankslapper return. Somehow hung on to it which was not easy in the rx7 ad I think ive only made saves like that in FWD or AWD cars before where its much easier by just going full throttle to get the car straightened.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 10:42:39 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 10:48:24 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
It was a good late season charge, with you climbing up the leaderboard rapidly. You only just fell short!

I also added some season stats to the first post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 10:56:14 PM »
Well that was my best round, points wise, with a 5th, 6th and 7th. My 370 was feeling nice here, which saw me up the pointy end of the field for quite a while.

In race 1, I got a really good start with the oceans parting in front of me as people fell off the track, and got to 2nd. Then I was slowly picked off by Guybrush, Jeremy, Phil and Matt, usually just before T1 as cars pulled out of the slipstream.

Race 2 was much the same.

Race 3 was a great struggle with Joe intially (I don't know how I didn't hit him a few times - it was damn close) and then Mael. We traded paint and positions a bit in a hard fought race that saw me get the busiest award and finish 0.5 behind Mael. Very good fun.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 11:34:05 PM »
Interesting fact: this season was similar in many senses to the GT86 season (Japanese street cars, slow twisty tracks, lots of pack fights, reverse grids).

GT86 standings:
1. Marty
2. Matthew111
3. Jeremy
4. Grat
5. Phil.8
6. Bacchulum
7. Bird
8. Hylas

Jap Pack standings:
1. Matthew111
2. Marty
3. Jeremy
4. Grat
5. Phil.8
6. Bacchulum
7. Hylas

If you don't consider Bird (he was not racing in the Jap Pack season), there is only 1 tiny tiny difference for the first 7!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 11:44:20 PM »
Interesting! It's good to see that the guys are consistent.

Just for a random comparison, here's the final top 8 for the previous Ferrari 312T/Lotus 72D season, with some names the same, and a few different appearances.

1.    Marty
2.    Matthew111
3.    Phil.8
4.    Mael
5.    Freezer
6.    hylas
7.    Bacchulum
8.    Wally

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 11:53:37 PM »

Just for a random comparison, here's the final top 8 for the previous Ferrari 312T/Lotus 72D season, with some names the same, and a few different appearances.

1.    Marty
2.    Matthew111
3.    Phil.8
4.    Mael
5.    Freezer
6.    hylas
7.    Bacchulum
8.    Wally
To be honest, I could only do 3 races in that season... but still: no Jeremy, no grat, Freezer and Hylas in front of Bacchulum... quite some difference ;)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 09:38:44 AM »
Race 1 and 2 were pretty uneventful for me. I was the first Skyline on the grid with a few empty grid spaces nearby so was able to make a couple of places off the line. The fast people would eventually get me and I made a few small mistakes letting a couple of similar paced people by also. Had some good pressure from LTD in R1 for the last 6 or 7 laps.

R3 was going well, some close racing with Wally as he mentioned. After a few laps I overtook him through T1 and slid sideways a bit more than I wanted to and got very close. Was in 6th then and created quite a gap, but around lap 10 Grat reentered the track straight back onto the racing line in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes and lost the gap.

It went downhill from there, a few laps later I got loose going through 6 meaning I couldn't brake hard enough for 7 and went off the track and lost 3 places. A few laps later I couldn't hold the second part of the chicane and put it in the barrier and had to wait for the field to come by. Did it again the next lap. My front right was running around 93 degrees so not sure if that was why. Ended up 14th in the end.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 10:00:04 AM »
but around lap 10 Grat reentered the track straight back onto the racing line in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes and lost the gap.
Ouch! Really sorry, Joe! Did not realize it. I should definitely pay more attention to that. Shame on me.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 11:11:58 AM »

1.    Marty
2.    Matthew111
3.    Phil.8
4.    Mael
5.    Freezer
6.    hylas
7.    Bacchulum
8.    Wally
To be honest, I could only do 3 races in that season... but still: no Jeremy, no grat, Freezer and Hylas in front of Bacchulum... quite some difference ;)

The lotus ferrari f1 season Jeremy had broken his wheel and missed the second half.

The one main issue I saw with the last seasons format was for people missing races and having a bad overall season standing it put them out of where they should be in the grid. This meant Guybrush was too far forward in most of his starts and so missed most of the fun from the back of the pack.

I think for that reason in a future season of this type maybe the gt86 season worked better. Reverse season order race 1 then full reverse all other races. This meant that if you started too far forward race 1 you wouldnt get the same advantage next race. In this format if you win race 1 then race 2 will likely be the same from more forward start.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 11:21:46 AM »
Where's the flying car practise session video marty. You're slacking...

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 11:24:43 AM »
but around lap 10 Grat reentered the track straight back onto the racing line in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes and lost the gap.
Ouch! Really sorry, Joe! Did not realize it. I should definitely pay more attention to that. Shame on me.
Just watched the replay. It was less bad than I thought (I rejoined parallel to the track), which makes me feel a bit better. Still: I could have kept a wider line longer and let you pass. So still: sorry.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal