Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run - night racing

Author Topic: Fun Run - night racing  (Read 3729 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Fun Run - night racing
« on: August 30, 2022, 11:22:58 PM »
Next fun run will be to try some night racing. I've set up the Tuesday Practice server with the Mazda MX5 Cup at VIR North. We'll do some 9 lap sprints.

We'll also do some races at Suzuka (East), which is a brighter track.

To run this at night, you'll need Content Manager, and you'll need to have the "Weather FX" extension enabled as per the picture. Set Controller Script and Weather Script to "Sol".

I found I got the best lighting in-game by using the "__Sol" post-process filter.

Also, make sure you know how to turn your headlights on.

Try it out before race night and ask any questions here if something's not working, so we don't spend Tuesday night troubleshooting instead of racing.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 08:23:15 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Run - night racing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 10:31:08 PM »
This works for me however this track has next to no signs, fences, trees etc to pick up where the track is going under darkness.
There are some tracks that have night versions (Spa) but also Sebring, Lemans and likely plenty others that work will in the dark.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 11:12:45 AM »
All good at my end. 
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 11:36:17 AM »
This works for me however this track has next to no signs, fences, trees etc to pick up where the track is going under darkness.
There are some tracks that have night versions (Spa) but also Sebring, Lemans and likely plenty others that work will in the dark.
For me it looks plenty bright and I can easily see where the track goes, and a lot of trackside objects are brightly lit. Are you using the __Sol post processing filter? I used that with exposure at 100%. Maybe it comes down to monitor calibration too in terms of brightness and contrast.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 08:22:53 AM »
We'll also do some races at Suzuka (East), which is a brighter track.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 02:16:45 PM »
I probably won't make tonight. I'm still coming off covid and afternoons/evenings are a bit of a struggle. Have major brain fog which isn't going to help much with racing.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 07:32:20 PM »
Sorry but I’m not going to make it, have literally just finished a very long meeting, so I’m too hangry to think atm

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 09:42:07 PM »
It was a bit of fun. It didn't really change the racing, the tracks just looked a little prettier at night.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal